Spoke too soon - got 2nd Dress!

Try exercise and toning you might get a few inches without the weight loss.

although my hypno guys suggested the bare foot doctor diet book so maybe I'll take a look at that as well.

The barefoot doctor? or the food doctor?

The barefoot doctor is quite spiritual sort of stuff. The food doctor does the A list diet book which is quite good. Low Gi stuff. A bit fiddly though, but worth a try if you like to cook :)

Thanks for your support Mandy, DQ, Karion and Dawn. Am feeling good today, in control at the moment and happy as it was TOTM without my realising, (broke through a pill packet) which may explain why I've gained a few pounds...I'll be waiting until next Wednesday now to see if there is a difference. Upping the calorie allowance has made a psychological difference, normally after lunch I have no calories left for dinner whereas today i still have plenty...mind you, that also has a lot to do with the fact I've made better choices today, Ryveta Breaks have helped today.

Next week the hypno is going to concentrate on my three, yes three, personalities/sides to me and try to get them all on the same journey with the same goal in mind...he thinks there is one part that has a different agenda to the others which is why some strange things are happening in reaction to changing some of my habits. It's all very interesting to watch and see how my habits are changing...especially my enjoyment of chocolate. Twice I have had a small bag of minstrels and enjoyed and savoured every single one, rather than throwing five or six in my mouth in one hit and then continuing onto the third 'big' bag...yesterday I left a half pack with 5 left in my office...last week I'd never have done that! My intake of fruit is staggering and I'm sure my body will thank me for it eventually.

It is nearly 5 weeks until I go into London to buy the lingerie for the wedding day, someone will have to help with that as well so I'm hoping I'll be feeling better about myself if I'm going to have a shop assistant with her hands all over me - eek!

Hope you are all having a good day - Joe

Have been starving today, had lunch before 12 so am not expecting much from myself today already. Was disappointed yesterday as had a take away Indian which wasn't part of the plan...got stuck in bad traffic with an 18 month old who needed feeding so diverted to a friends house who made her fish fingers but we ended up getting the take out with our friends. It was all very nice but has weighed heavy today, knew it would so don't know why I insisted on weighing myself. My weigh day isn't until Wednesday, but am not feeling too hopeful.

The hypno is also bringing up some issues which I really would prefer not to dwell on...I forgot there are two words hypno-therapy...therapy is a big part it would seem :-( I'm hoping Wednesdays session will produce some results...actually that is really unfair as there are results, my consumption of healthy food is three fold and fruit is going in at the rate chocolate used to...but as I'm not seeing a difference on the scales yet I'm disappointed. If it wasn't for the wedding dress scenario I probably wouldn't be too bothered as it's a nice way to live not dieting too much, but I'm not in the position where I can do that at the moment.

I think I'm generally having a low day; had such a wonderful time yesterday with my partner and daughter at Whipsnade zoo, it was really wonderful quality time which I don't get as I work full time (albeit in the home). I think maybe going back to a crappy days work is affecting me slightly. May be in for an early night if my calories are gone by 7pm!

I haven't even had one glass of water yet today, which I know is a big part of the problem, but I just can't bear the thought of it for some reason...strange.

Today I got rid of the scales...and for someone who weighs herself twice a day, this is nothing short of a miracle!

I did 10 minutes of exercise today, doesn't sound much but I'm planning on doing that 7 days a week, so 70 minutes a week, that's not bad :)

Had a very very low week last week, dregged up a lot of stuff about my childhood which I didn't really want to go into but realised if I'm to beat the food addiction then I can't pretend it didn't exist...so that's been done and now back onto the positive stuff. Am choosing much better, had a water and banana for lunch today...out of choice...and I was in waitrose cafe where I'd usually have a cumberland sausage on a roll followed by a sticky bun and hot chocolate.

I feel the rest of my journey is going to be a long but steady one, I am imagining 1 pound a week and the wedding dress will just have to fit. I am finally making the right choices with regards to food, I probably have a way to go yet but my choices are certainly already 30 times better than previously. I would recommend my hypno guy to anyone, he's really understanding, kind, and gives damn good advice whilst making you feel great about yourself.

I am going to weigh myself in two weeks time in Boots or somewhere, just to ensure I am actually going in the right direction, very hard to tell when you are eating again after CD.

All I can do now is pray that the dress fits, whatever I manage to lose in time for its fitting.

Joe x

Yesterday I went to a new hypno, a hypnotist rather than a hypnotherapist...I didn't realise there was a difference!

Anyway, to cut a long story short I am now doing CD again, milkshakes only, no bars, so I don't get the awful side effects (specific to me) and am hoping this will get rid of enough weight to have the dress fit. I know it is 2 inches too small on the waist at the moment, so I now have 6 weeks in total (to the week before the wedding) to get rid of that.

I'm not going to panic as the dressmaker said we'd do all the alterations at the end of September, except for the bodice, and one week before the wedding will be plenty to fix any problems, so that's a big relief.

The hypno was great as I didn't have to psych myself up to starting CD, I just came away yesterday knowing I was already on it!

One thing he did say was to not tell yourself you are 'losing weight'...if you lose a purse it feels good to find it again, you don't want to 'find' the weight again. He said you should train your mind to think about 'getting rid' of the weight, it's never coming back...just thought I'd share :)

He was absolutely fantastic...proof is in the pudding of course but this is the first time in my life (I've been to three different hypnos) where I was definitely actually hypnotised.

Fingers crossed I'll be posting a loss from now on...since last week i managed to gain another 4 pounds on top of the 12 pounds I'd already gained...now need to get rid of at least a stone...phah, no probs x

I just read the entry before last, what a difference a week can make to your attitude!

One thing he did say was to not tell yourself you are 'losing weight'...if you lose a purse it feels good to find it again, you don't want to 'find' the weight again. He said you should train your mind to think about 'getting rid' of the weight, it's never coming back...just thought I'd share :)

I like that - I like that a lot!! Thanks Artyjoe, and wishing you luck ;)

Thanks for your support!

I am on day 3 (although I kind of started Wednesday evening but am not classing that as it wasn't an entire day)...so far so good.

So far haven't had a bar and am still doing well. I have got rid of 4 pounds already, I know I shouldn't look but I can't help it. I am joining a health spa today which has a gym and swimming pool and intend to swim three times a week until the wedding day, I had a splash about last week and really felt my arms and thighs wobbling in the water and it made me realise that my hair getting wet isn't good enough reason not to swim :) I will reward myself each time with a hair treatment in the steam room! I am finally feeling truly positive and see no reason why I won't fit in the dress at the end of the month.

I'm looking forward to Christmas where I should be at target...although obviously I'll come off CD for the wedding day and 2 day honeymoon.

Here's to day 3 going swimmingly x

Am finding it hard today :-(

Went for a bra fitting for the bridal lingerie and everything I tried on made me look hideous, it was so depressing I'm amazed I didn't go straight for food, although I have been thinking about it all day, so far I'm still on SS.

I just couldn't believe what was looking back at me in the mirror, I am really shocked at how awful I looked. I really hope this next stone makes a huge difference to me as at the moment the last thing I want to do is put on a wedding dress, a black trouser suit would be more appropriate at the moment. I'm definitely going to get straps put on the dress as my boobs are sitting under my armpits in a strapless bra :-(

I can't believe how low it has made me feel, I should have waited the two weeks until going into London to Selfridges, maybe two weeks would have made a difference to how I looked. Hey ho, done now.

Have found today exceptionally tough and had already had all three packs by 3 pm...the lunch one I had early as a 'friend' and I had a coffee and she bought 6 muffins...so I hate the bar while she tucked into them...then the depression from the shops made me make a CD muffin as soon as I got home.

Having said all this, somewhere in my mind there is a glimmer of hope as I haven't eaten and am still on CD and have one more shake to go which I've been hanging on since 5pm for and still haven't had it yet. I'll have it now, now that the baby has gone to bed.

Three more days to the next hypno session where I'm going to ask if there's any way I can get a break in terms of body image, hating my body isn't going to get me far...and although I may get rid of the weight, I'm probably still left with the ugly sagging, scarred and stretchmarked skin.

Lets hope tomorrow is an easier day. Joe

Day 6 and 8 pounds down. Had another hypno session today to reinforce sticking to the CD and ridding myself of the rest of the weight and reinforcing that I'll never get it back. Feeling good and positive. Am hopeful that my birthday will come and go with no disturbance to the diet, but I'm wary of looking that far ahead. Two more weeks should guarantee my getting into the dress, another 4 and I'll be sailing with it. Fingers crossed.

Day 6 and 8 pounds down. Had another hypno session today to reinforce sticking to the CD and ridding myself of the rest of the weight and reinforcing that I'll never get it back. Feeling good and positive. Am hopeful that my birthday will come and go with no disturbance to the diet, but I'm wary of looking that far ahead. Two more weeks should guarantee my getting into the dress, another 4 and I'll be sailing with it. Fingers crossed.

Hi Joe,

Absolutely delighted to hear you being so positive...

You had a rough year of it and it is nice to see you back in the driving seat again...fab losses.

Birthday greetings!

When is it.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mini, I wouldn't say i was in the driving seat just yet, have already decided to switch to 790 plan for this week! Mind you, I don't think that's to do with sabotage but it's TOTM and I'm a bit low so am not going to give myself a hard time over some chicken and salad...at the moment anyway.

My birthday is on 25th, but am going shopping for birthday pressies and wedding lingerie on 23rd...so not much time to get rid of more poundage, but 3 or 4 would be good...assuming that the chicken and salads don't turn into pizza and curry's!

Still, need to keep my eye on the prize which is five weeks until the wedding, so 4 weeks to lose enough to get into the dress. I'm confident and also not! :)

Happy Birthday Arty Joe!
Happy Birthdya to You

Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday dear Arty Joe

Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Fete08.gif

Back