Spoke too soon - got 2nd Dress!

Thanks for the birthday wishes Mini!

I had a great time, went to see Footloose in London and I really enjoyed it. The diet isn't going well though, at all, and am going back to hypno one more time...I think I may be a bit too strong willed for it...then I think my only option is gastric band...I'll need to look into it as I can't afford 3 months on a health farm which would be another option!

My friend who did Cambridge and lost all her weight has regained it all and is gaining approx 1kg a week at the moment and I'm just terrified I'll be the same if I can't get a grip on this...why does it have to be so flaming hard? Anyway, enough woe is me. x

I managed to get into the dress! It will need to be taken out slightly on the waist to enable me to breathe, but it did up, which was what I didn't expect to happen. We are having to add sleeves as I couldn't see past my awful arms, which is a shame, but at least I'll feel beter on the day. Only 3 weeks to go now so somehow need to break in my shoes as I only stood in them for 1hr and they absolutely killed me. Am still doing hypno as at least I'm not gaining weight and am finally eating normally and healthily...and when not healthily I'm in control...which feels like a breakthrough. Certainly one entire week of no calorie counting and eating 'nicely' with one meal out and I still lost half a pound...so am doing okay so far.

Hope everyone else is having a good day...in spite of the weather ;-)

Whooohoooooo!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, hun!

I'm thrilled to bits for you!!!!!!!

Hope you have a fantastic time!!!!!!!!!!!

The first dress was stunning - on the hanger. Sat down in it on Monday and realised, where I need a tummy tuck, the dress highlights my bad bits, to a degree where I'm not happy...so had to get a second!

The second dress is not quite as pretty on the hanger, but looks much more flattering on me so on the day I should feel much prettier and comfortable...my visa card obviously won't for a very long time :)

Am still yo yoing, can't seem to control myself, given up on hypno, am waiting until pressure of wedding day goes and then maybe I'll be able to sort myself out again, I'm nearly a year on trying to lose the last 2 ...what a pain.

Hey ho, 9 days to go!

Hi Artyjoe
I've just read through your thread and i think i had posts from you on the DH site.
I shared your wedding date at the time, 28th Oct! :)
My wedding unfortunatly was postponed until next year.

Im glad your still sticking to it- you've done so well! :D

Not long now until the important day, and good news about the dress, must be so exciting-i cant wait!

Hi Emma Lou, I was on the DH site and then switched to here when all the changes happened!

I have 5 days to go so am starting to feel nervous. Was initially disappointed that I'm still overweight, but keep focussing that I have lost 6 stones (was 7 but hey ho) and I'll get where I want to be next year...my diet was never meant to be for the wedding, it just took so long that one has bumped into the other.

I'm sure I'll look great on the day, I don't think it's about how slim or not I am, I think my happiness and radiance will make me look attractive, regardless of the dress. I know I will look pretty, I'm just hoping I will 'feel' that way on the day. The nerves are kicking in slightly thinking all the eyes will be on me...to say nothing of commiting myself to someone for the rest of my life, knowing how awful it is when it goes wrong as this will be my second marriage (bloody better be my last)!

I don't honestly know where I'll go in terms of trying to lose the weight after the wedding, nothing seems to be working for me and I really don't want surgery...maybe the honeymoon will inspire me :)

I am sorry to hear you postponed your wedding, whatever the reason, I'm sure it is for the best and once it happens, it will be wonderful x

Isobel: thanks for your support, I will post a piccie next week. x

Back