Sports bras lol

Today I went in search of a good sports bra. I'm a 36e and have just started running. In the past I've even worn 2 bras in the hope that it will stop the bounce lol. So today I spent a couple of hours trying on all kinds of sports style bras. First the Nike shop,lovely girl who helped. But whilst trying to fasten 1 I twisted my neck awe. But after a 10 min hard work out session of getting in and trying on 3 sports bras they failed the bounce test.
Next was Reebok. Great sale price but no better than my asda normal bras.
Last was marks and sparks and finally a success , although it wasn't really a sports bra more a sports bra top. But omg why are they so blooming hard to get into. You could never get changed in a changing room full of people , it took 10 mins to get into it. So after all that I didn't have the energy to go to the gym,oh well I'll try it out tomorrow lol

I think i MUST have the same M&S sports bra / top as you its a workout in its self getting it on but boy does it keep you from moving, not overly expensive one of the better ones for sure :p

I know this post is a bit old now, but I would recommend the Freya and Panache sports bras if you have a bigger chest.

I got a Panache a few weeks ago, on offer at £30 (usually £35) from Bravissimo. You can wear it with normal bra straps or the straps clip together to make it a racer back. I have to go down a cup size from my usual Panache bra, but its really supportive - I use it for running, Zumba and Body Combat, so a range of bounce activity!!!

I've heard good things about the Panache sports bra, apparently it's like having a pair of hands hold up the girls...I'm sure the bf wouldn't mind doing that lol. :D They claim it reduces bounce by 83%. Also interested in the Enell bras, never heard of them before...does anyone know what size they go up to? My Shock Absorbers aren't too bad but I've still got bounce issues lol.

I've heard good things about the Panache sports bra, apparently it's like having a pair of hands hold up the girls...I'm sure the bf wouldn't mind doing that lol. :D They claim it reduces bounce by 83%. Also interested in the Enell bras, never heard of them before...does anyone know what size they go up to? My Shock Absorbers aren't too bad but I've still got bounce issues lol.

Hi - the Enell bras have a sizing system all of their own. If you go to the boobydoo website and find the enell bras then a chart pops up. Its really easy to work out. There are about 8 different sizes I think so you should get one. I am a 36HH normally and in an Enell size 3. But the size is based on your rib cage and fullest part of the bust measurements so even if you were the same bra size you might not be the same size as me in an enell.

See how you get on. You just need a tape measure. :)

Hey ladies :)

any recommendations for a sports bra that doesn't give the "madonna" effect? :eek: :)

I've a shock absorber from a few years ago and a couple of other bras which both make the girls a bit pointy...:eek:

thanks in advance x

Today I went in search of a good sports bra. I'm a 36e and have just started running. In the past I've even worn 2 bras in the hope that it will stop the bounce lol. So today I spent a couple of hours trying on all kinds of sports style bras. First the Nike shop,lovely girl who helped. But whilst trying to fasten 1 I twisted my neck awe. But after a 10 min hard work out session of getting in and trying on 3 sports bras they failed the bounce test.
Next was Reebok. Great sale price but no better than my asda normal bras.
Last was marks and sparks and finally a success , although it wasn't really a sports bra more a sports bra top. But omg why are they so blooming hard to get into. You could never get changed in a changing room full of people , it took 10 mins to get into it. So after all that I didn't have the energy to go to the gym,oh well I'll try it out tomorrow lol

I rate Shock Absorber bras - they are brilliant. The are widely available from high street department stores. They retail from £20 ish pounds. I got a proper fitting from a department store and then ordered a brand new one from Ebay for £6!

I got one from m&s and it works fab, i can run on the tread mill with very little bounce. Thank you everyone for all the advice.

Hey ladies :)

any recommendations for a sports bra that doesn't give the "madonna" effect? :eek: :)

I've a shock absorber from a few years ago and a couple of other bras which both make the girls a bit pointy...:eek:

thanks in advance x

i swear by nike pro sports bra's. very compressive, i look flat chested in them but the support is brilliant. my friend uses them too, shes got bigger boobs, not sure of the size but shes bigger than a D... they are good for her too

I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread. My boobs were 40e last time I was measured (before they ballooned with breast feeding) and they are so off putting when I attempt to exercise! I've found a shock absorber on eBay for a tenner so I'll be grabbing one of those (I'm far too tight to pay £45 for a bra!!!)

Back