SPOTS

sididd

Gold Member
I've never suffered with spots but the last couple of weeks I keep breaking out, is anyone else???? just wondered if its the diet????? Any thoughts ladies xxx

Well thank you Dr.Pauline..... I will take your prescription lol xxx, hahahaha when I wrote that it reminded me of that DR.Ruth lol what ever happened to her lol

I get the odd one now, more than I have in any of the last twenty years, however I put it down to stress rather than diet. There is a book called "The Clear Skin Cookbook" that explains nutrition and spots and gives recipes that we might be able to use/adapt. Amazon has it at 46% off at the minute.

In fact, I've just bought it as it might give me some hints for helping my son's excema, as well as tips for making me look radiant :D

CD, any tips please post......this spotty 49er need help xxx

I am inclined to agree with Pauline re. a holiday.... Failing that I have found a product in health shops that is very good. It's a 'tea tree' gel stick. Antibacterial and cleansing. Sudocrem is very good too, pity it's so white!!! Put it on the spots going to bed.

I recommend panoxyl, can be bought for less than £4 over the counter in most pharmacies

sorry to hear that... but it doesn't sound like it's the diet if you started back in Feb. in fact my skin's actually been much better than usual on dukan. not sure if it's because of all the extra fluids (lots of green & white tea), or because i started taking wheatgrass powder daily (supposed to detoxify your system), but i'm very grateful! my breakouts are usually down to stress, so maybe that holiday's not a bad idea? :cool:

The spots are much better tge ladt few days so maybe in a but run down and as you lovely ladues gave said I'm ready for a holiday xxx

Hormone changes can trigger spots - I've had a few breakouts since hitting my late 40s....

Atropos I never thought of them being hormonal, I am menepausal so.... could be the answer x

I've had loads since I've come off the pill, someone's already suggested it but the tea tree stuff used to work a treat when I was younger, just need to work out where to buy it - body shop used to have a range.... Holiday sounds better though ;) can't be long now Sid, when you off?

I've had loads since I've come off the pill...
ouch - that happens to me too. not so much when coming off the pill, but changing pill types. i heard triphasic pills were better for skin, so i switched from my monophasic one, but then had to switch back as my triphasic pill went off the market. took a few unpleasant weeks to adjust both times, but it did settle down eventually.

tea tree could work, although it's always been a bit harsh for me. i have oily/combo/sensitive skin and still get spots in my late thirties, but i can't use the products i used when i was younger. i'm having more success with gentle ranges like vichy normaderm (summer) or purete thermale (winter). and my new favorite product is liz earle's superskin concentrate. i can even use it under make up during the day to keep shine under control.

margarino said:
I've had loads since I've come off the pill, someone's already suggested it but the tea tree stuff used to work a treat when I was younger, just need to work out where to buy it - body shop used to have a range.... Holiday sounds better though ;) can't be long now Sid, when you off?

In the morning xxx

have fun!! i'm sure you deserve the break x

I heard a combination of Turkish sun and Turkish G&T's is the sure answer to clear skin, have fun Sid :D

Back