Total Solution Spotty's Exante Diary

Hi Annie,

I'm fine thanks. Had another foodie lunch, and subsequent upset tummy but back to it now.

This morning I was 12st exactly which was super exciting! I am expecting that to sneak up again after todays pudding (lol) but I'm so close to the 11s, its awesome!

Find it so much easier being at work than home, so got no worries that I'll stay TS til next weekend. I'll be eleven something before I know it. A month in from my restart and I'm already more than a stone and a half down... really can't complain. Gotta wait for official weigh in result on Tues morning.

Hugs to all xx

Well here we are - weigh in day.

Feeling really out of the zone today... probably due to the fact, errr, I'm not in the zone!

Yesterday I was good all day despite being on a training course in London all day.. I got home after a long 12 hour day and for some reason decided it was going to be a good idea to have some chilli con carne and broccoli. For those that have had any experience of Diet Chef, the chilli I had was one of the Look What I Found meal sachets... 7g of carbs per 100g... only 210 calories or something - so was possibly OKish (compared to a bowl of pasta with a side of bread!) but not great. I also snuck a few Cheddars from the cupboard while I was feeling nibbly.

This morning I weighed in and was 12st 2.75lbs... 2.5lbs down from last Tuesday, but 2.75 up from where I was on Sunday morning...

I'm not upset about it because I know why I've not lost as much as I was hoping for... since Saturday night I've eaten a sunday lunch (with pudding), two servings of Domino's chicken wings sides with BBQ dipping sauce, 1/4 pot of ice cream and now a meal last night, all made for a rather nice gain.

Tried to get my head back into the game today, but I've just had half my bar... and a packet of Hula Hoops. I'VE GOT SUCH A NIBBLEY/CARBY HEAD ON ME!

Please help. I am self-destructing and I need some words of wisdom to get me back on track. I am going on holiday in 31 days. Just 31 days! Arghhhhh!

Ok. I'm going to go and make up a shake and go and give myself a good talking to over the lunch hour.

Spotty xx

Hi Spotty, sorry to read you are struggling for motivation. Think we started around the same time (4th Jan).

I have managed to stay on TS as I just keep telling myself that if I eat what I mot meant to I will be on Exante for ever and would like to just have one stint at it! I am also too stingy to waste the hard earned cash I spent on Exante by not giving it my best ahot!

Be positive, you and you alone are the only one who can do this.... And you CAN do it. You have done amazingly well so far and had works of advice & encouragement for me and many other on exante. Think about your holiday and the fabby new clothes you would like to buy for it.

Are you able to clear out your cupboards of temptation?!

Take care xx

Wow. You've done so well....so get back on that wagon now and find your mojo. Maybe you can be kinder to yourself - and do more nice things for yourself, rather than just pile on the pressure of your holiday coming?

I'm with Annie on clearing out your cupboards if you can. I'm buying my husband oatcakes rather than the cheesey crispy biscuits he used to have, as I don't find them so appealing.

Take care and take it one day at a time,

Ali

Morning everyone!

Right - I am back. Back on the forum and back in the zone.

*Cue the rousing intro from 'Eye of the Tiger' by Survivor*

I've not been brilliant over the last few days, but I am not going to go into detail as I would prefer just to forget about it and leap straight back onto the proverbial horse.

I am going on holiday in 29 days and I refuse to fall off the diet so soon... so I am back for another 3ish weeks and raring to go.

It is interesting that I decided to start nibbling when I hit 12 stone - it is always the same with me! Every time I diet I get to this point and the self sabotage kicks in - a psychologist would have a field day with me!

I am not sure why this happens - the fear of change? The need to fail? The reality of succeeding? I don't know... but it's always the same - I get within half a stone of being "healthy" and go off the rails. Maybe if I didn't have my first goal as 11st 7lbs, I'd be ok... if it was actually 10st I'd still feel miles away and would therefore not give in so easily. I don't know. Not sure if that makes sense!

So - for now, my goal is 11st... it probably won't happen but that's ok. If I can get anywhere near it I will be happy.

One thing I have noticed is that losing the weight this time around - a couple of years on/older from the last stint - I am wobblier (or I feel I am). My legs looks really cellulitey (at the front!) and my tummy has a little pouch at the bottom that isn't flattening out.

For that reason, I want to really get on with toning now I am in my last four weeks pre-hols... I know this added exercise might affect my losses, but I would actually be happy with my current size (if I was more toned)... and anything I can lose beyond this would simply be a bonus.

I will continue with TS and consider possibly a 4th pack if I have a particularly strenuous session in the gym or what have you.

I did the 30 day shred DVD last night for the first time in ages. I burned out a bit towards the end and had to take some breathers - so will be interesting to see how my stamina improves etc. My leg muscles and tummy muscles (and chest/shoulder muscles come to think of it!) are killing today, so I'm feeling encouraged.

If I can do the shred every night it should go a long way to getting me on my way to better fitness levels.

I might also start swimming in the mornings before work as well.

In fact, as I type this I think it might be better to do the shred in the morning (as it is at home and harder to get out of!), and then swim after work... also giving me the opportunity to soothe my angry muscles. Lol.

Will give it a go tomorrow and let you know how I get on!

Anyway - diet wise, I am sat sipping my bouillon at the moment - planning my shake at lunch time.

I had a coffee this morning with a splash of milk and it was lovely. I think I am going to continue to have bits of milk in my drinks - it goes a long way to helping me feel sane during this cold snowy weather. I will be sure to limit to only a couple a day though - perhaps a coffee in the morning and a tea in the afternoon.

Today I will be having a chocolate shake for lunch, and a choc Ultraslim bar in the afternoon (with a cup of tea). Tonight... ummm... probs vanilla with caramel coffee in (NOM!).

Going to crack it this time! YOU JUST WATCH!

Spotty x

Way hay......and so she returns! Glad you are back on form and on the forum - you have been missed! :) xx

Hey spots well done for getting straight back on , we all have days where we go off track main thing is ur back on that wagon :) x x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks guys!

Yep, I'm here. Good day today. Got home from work and did my 30 day shred DVD. Now in bath with vanilla shake, then going to curl up with my mister and watch a film (with shake #3 before bed... I'm behind today!)

I'll be honking at bedtime!

I'm in the Midlands so expecting lots of snow tonight... hoping for shedloads so I can't get to work. Cross all digits for me please! Want to go sledging! (Snow = inner kid kicks in!)

S xx

handbag-annie said:
Are you able to clear out your cupboards of temptation?!

How rude of me, didn't respond to this...

No, unfortunately not. My OH is a big eater and therefore I've gotta manage the temptation. I'm sure it will make me stronger in the long run. I'm not too bad at home (assuming no mini cheddars nearby!), my problem is shops when I'm on my own and buckling.

I'm in the zone now so should be ok. My willpower is like steel when I am feeling it... boredom is what does me in.

Xx

precious said:
Lol fingers crossed u get to go sledging ;-) well done for today hunny x x

Thank you my darling! Feeling good xxx

I'm the same with the cupboards as hubby still has to eat. Solved this by buying stuff I do not eat - meat, chicken, ginger cream biscuits! No mini cheddars or Pringles in my kitchen! X

Hi all!

Just to let you know that I am still in the zone and loving it. Have made a conscious effort to up my water intake today too. Forced a pint of water down before I allowed myself my first pack. I’ve also had a black coffee and I’m now gulping down a mug of bouillon.

Weekends are notoriously difficult for me – they are the times when I’ve inevitably eaten something… although I’ve only had 4 proper meals since starting on 4th January – they have ALL taken place on Sunday afternoons, haha. I am such a Brit – needing my Sunday lunch!

If I can get through this weekend unscathed, I will know I’ve cracked it again and I’ve got my mojo back.

Tomorrow (Sat) should be fine as I am busy viewing houses all day. Sunday will be harder but I will keep myself occupied with doing some arts and crafts (my newly revisted hobby). Wish my luck!

Last night I did my second day of the 30 Day Shred, and my goodness, I am feeling it today! Hobbling around like an invalid! I am aching from my shoulder to my calves… at least I know I am working my muscles, which can only lead to better tone/shape (I hope!).

Hope everyone else is enjoying their Friday.

Spots xx

Three words:

1) Big
2) Hairy
3) Bum

Bum Bum Bum.

Left mojo at work. Bummer.

Back on it now. On it like Sonic.

Less than 3 weeks of TS. I can do this!

I'm going to go and pick up my summer clothes from my mums garage... a trying on session will give me some focus! Lol.

Hope all have had a better weekend diet wise than I and aren't feeling as bummed out.

*really hope bum isn't a swear word*

S x

Hey spots how's it going chick? Did u get to try on the summer clothes ? Annnd??? Have a top day x

Hey Precious...

Nope, never made it to my mum's house to get clothes - silly bint I am... but I will do so this weekend :)

Not been the best week really... the odd bit of food, a number of missed packs etc... only had a small loss this week - but at least it was a loss!

I'm having a nice roast chicken dinner (no potatoes though!) with my OH tonight for Valentine's Day then hitting Exante with a vengeance tomorrow for a straight 2 and a bit week run up to my holiday :) This is the plan and I feel really fired up for it. It is very hard getting your head back "in the game" after a period with lack of routine etc, but I am optimistic that I can do it now - I have zero commitments coming up, no social events, no work days out of the office... so it's going to be structured all the way. I was 12st 1.25lb this morning in my official weigh in... I would like to be as close to 11st 7lbs as I can by the time I go away as I would like to try and keep under the 12st mark when I get back a couple of weeks later... I will be eating yummy food, but also walking a lot and swimming and things so hopefully it will balance out :)

Just two more weeks of TS (near enough) then it's all about my new lifestyle and way of eating :)... probably using Exante to maintain (breakfast and lunch each day during the week, or similar)

Back on the bus tomorrow - save me a seat!

Spots xx

Morning all,

Right, I am back on the wagon as of today... got a manageable 17 days left of TS and I intend to do it with bells on :)

So, just touching base quickly and will be back later to let you know how I am getting on.

One thing I am doing differently is having milk in my tea and coffee - but going to try and restrict the amount I am drinking... if my losses look bad doing it this way, then back to black coffee I will go. Just 10lbs to go (ish).

Spots xx

Good luck and keep us posted! X

I will do! :)

I'm still here... had my bar for lunch, just about to tuck into some bouillon, then gonna have some porridge I think so I am nice and full before I go home :)

xxx

Back