Spring Ball! - Pictures Included - Advice Please :)

specialk

Silver Member
Ladies (and Chaps if your lurking...)

I have a spring ball on the 24th of March and I am wondering what to do...

Ive been on Dukan for 3 months and been off track for the last month, but maintained my weight of 345lbs... so essentially lost 40lbs in 2 months...

All though my weight STS I still lost 15 inches off my measurements, which i am doing monthly...

My question is...

I have 3 dresses in mind and what is possible to get from a large 24/ small 26 down to the smallest size before March?!

I have gone from a 30 down to just about getting into a 24, at a squash, and 26 is too big...

I am going to the gym at least 2 times a week (but it can be up to 5 times depending on my shifts) with endless walking about on the ward and extra walks with the dog

I am following Dukan 99% of the time, the only things i am not with is the yogurt, I am having the Fat Free Onken Vanilla, as there isnt much in that, and also I am having a smidges of Sugar Free squash in my water as I cant drink plain water...

The dresses ive seen are size 20, is this possible??

any advise is welcome as i need to order any of the dresses in Jan/Feb time

K xx

Last edited:
My advice is buy it..and hang it up somewhere you will see everyday...what better motivation :D

You have done fantastically so far, even with the blips this last month no damage done, keep going!!!!!

Hi Special K
I have also been on the diet for 3 months and in that time I have gone from a generous size 26 to size 20 dress size. I don't know how fast you will lose the weight but can I suggest you keep an eye on ebay and buy a couple of options - I did this for a ball last week - I bought a couple of size 22 and a couple of size 20 dresses and eventually wore a size 20 - I sold the others back on ebay this week - all with a profit which was a bonus but overall I spent the same amount I would have on one new dress but got four - wore one and sold three so overall the cost of my dress was £14. Bargain! Only start looking in the new year as the price of dresses will drop drastically after the party season. Hope this helps - if you don't like the second hand option I understand but again ebay seems to have some lovely new stuff that you could take a chance on! Good luck and keep going - you seem to be on track and I am surprised that you have sts if all you have done different is eat the FF onken - I did that for the first month until I realised it had sugar in it but luckily I still lost weight. I agree about the water, thankfully I have a friend on the CD and she got me some of their aspartame flavoured sweetener which you add to water and that makes it easy to keep the water levels up. You have made an amazing start. Best wishes Trudy

Hi Trudy,

The dresses ive seen are off e bay and are roughly £40 - 50 each so i cant buy a couple and hope for the best. i will need to buy one and work hard at it!

That is an amazing transformation from a 26 to a 20!!! well done, i bet your body feels good? (in a non perverted way ;) )

I only STS as i was off track completly scoffed carbs and chocs for 4 weeks whilst i was on night duty then i had a monsterous 5 day migrain too where i just ate soup and bread, so when i got back on the scales i was surprised my self about the STS but lost 15 inches off my measurements! so it looked like a bonus. in the 3 months i am over 6 inches down off each of my waist, hips, bust and under bust and a fair few inches off my thighs, something like 40 something inches in total in 3 months...

I am now on a second attack phase, day 2, only gunna stay on for a few more days, but i admittedly have an advent calander so i will be having that every day too :/ but i do enough in the day to work it off and not being in ketosis doesnt bother me as im too busy to realise im hungry and just drink water/juice anyway.

I was on cambridge a couple of years ago, and i wish i could get hold of the summer fruits flavouring or something similar but i just cant find anything suitable.

Willbefab - my only dilemma is i now have 4 dresses in mind!!! and i dont know which one to pick!!!!

K xx

I am half tempted to put them on here to see what every one thinks :)

$(KGrHqEOKn!E2S(rF!cmBNqhsY6nsQ~~0_3.JPG

$(KGrHqYOKpUE24ueo-vlBN6mo1CQi!~~0_12.JPG

$(KGrHqQOKjgE4h2n6B3HBOJRlLm3pw~~0_12.JPG

this one comes in a few colours also

!B1)utF!BGk~$(KGrHqV,!ikE)q6kPR1FBMf132z5Vw~~0_12.JPG

that one comes in loads of colours

wow, they are gorgeous!!! I don't wear dresses (no confidence) but if I had to choose they would be in the following order...

1st picture 3
2nd picture 2
3rd picture 4
4th picture 1

but I do like them all. You're gonna look fab!!!

i dont have the confidence now! but i hope i will in march!!! as i am sort of being forced into it by the OH, we agreed i would go and now that im losing weight he would like to see me in a dress!!!

have you shown OH the dresses? does he have a preference? I'm sure your confidence will increase by March and you'll have a fab time. Will you get yourself pampered in the lead up, ie nails done (I bite mine!) hair do, girly stuff like that? I feel excited for you! :)

OH likes 3 but he hasnt seen 1 and 2 yet, as he is on nights and i only found them tonight!

I will eventually have my nails done (as like you im a biter) and not much to do with the hair as its too short and i dont do make up as i smudge it!!!

i just hope it possible to slim from a large 24 to a 20 in 4 months, with x mas and birthday lurking in 20 something days

Ooooh those are lovely dresses! I like them all!

Well done, you are doing brilliantly so far, I can see you getting into those by march, it's at least 12 weeks away and you are consistently losing. Also I think sometimes the weight loss isn't showing on the scales but definately comes off the inches. Depends also on the dress, some seem to be more generously cut than others. I think it is roughly a stone per dress size (at least that is what it seemed to be for me) so it is possible. Not too many Xmas off plan sorties though... Lol!

Have you tried onken fat free natural? That seems ok sugar wise, and you could always add some vanilla and sweetener if you really want.

Gorgeous dresses... I'd need a little bolero jacket or something though because of my loose skin on my arms :-(

Frankly specialk only YOU know whether it's possible. You are making this diet more slow and difficult than it need be with your deviations.

If you don't have to order until Jan/Feb, then I'd wait and, after the holidays tighten things up to ensure that you do get to your target - whatever that may be - for the ball.

:D

I'd buy in the smallest size you think possible, hang it up and stop having any tolerated items!!! I've bought two dresses for Christmas nights out and got both in small 10s so that I can't possibly eat anything bad and still hope to get into them! It works, I haven't had a single tolerated item and am loosing again x Best of luck SpecialK!
Ps I like dress number 4!

Last edited:
I think a 20 is perfectly acceptable, and acheiveable! I hope!!!

I dont have that many deviations and i dont plan on being off track for x mas so i should be able to do it!

now i just dont know what dress to order, i like the first 3 and want all of them but i cant!!! i just dont know what to do!

ARGH!!!!

Personally i love them all but no 3 is my fav. As a girl who always wears dresses (I sing in concerts and stuff) even when I have been huge (size28) black and white has looked classy and slimming but really depends on what suits you. Good luck with the diet - you sound like you have your head around it though not sure about the advent calendar!! Think I am just jealous!!LOL! x Ps - have you got any friends doing CD? Luckily one of mine is and could get me the powder - lasts for ages as you know!! x

Hey Trudy!

I know I love the advent calander!!! my daily little treat, i do enough in the day walking round the ward i walk it off, plus i am a gym freak!!! plus extra exercise at home! i cant see 1 chocolate a day ruining my efforts for a few more days!!!

Ive shown people at work and they all say the Black and White one too, so i think im ordering that one in Jan for March!

I dont have any friends on CD so i cant get the powder off them :(

How are you?

K xx

Believe me I am jealous of the choc!!! I train horses for a living and am on my feet all day (and in the freezing cold right now brrrrrr) but for me I can't just do the one choc so abstinance is the only way for me!!! Great that you might be able to get the water flavourings off the internet, I looked for ages as I was getting frustrated with the drink thing. I wish I could be a gym freak again - loved it when I did it but now a bit tied with my son - think I am gonna start running again when I lose a bit more weight as can do that before he wakes up in the morning. Had a cross trainer but sold it after I could not bear to look at it gathering dust any more - a real bury your head in the sand thing!!! LOL. Love this diet but sometimes get real huge urges for 'bad' food, like last night after a concert I was in - could have eaten a scabby horse - or a Dominoes Pizza!!! LOL

PS - LOVE the black and white dress - you need to post photos!x

Hey Trudy!

I dont envy you being out in the cold, I have just been sent home early as it a Saturday and there is nothing going on on the ward!!! Joys of being a Student Nurse :) so I am at home now, feet up and a drink in hand :) just need ones dinner now :D

All though i get cravings and the endless amount of biscuits and chocs that are on the ward, I know that if i have just my 1 a day its a little treat, its not doing much in stopping or slowing losses i dont think... but time will tell, I am not snackinng on anything else, staying on the narrowish apart from the yogurt. as rightly so i could scoff a whole pizza and garlic bread or a curry, but i happily enjoy my little choc :D

86alpzzyj - Thanks, i will look into buying those in the new year as there is no more squeeze left in the belt!! i am hoping i can carry on the diet untill then, when i get my loan and stuff! so the flavourings will have to go on hold till then!!!! but thank you :D it will make the water a whole lot better and without juice too :) so a big THANKIES

I will post pictures when I get the dress and also, as and when i fit in it, as ive not done before and after pictures of me at all, so i would have to trawl through oldies to find big pics and post new ones when i get there!!!

K xx

Back