Spuddy Bag

Hayleyj123

Wannabe Loser
Not sure if anyone has heard of these or if anyone is interested but I am thinking of investing is one. I get fed up of potatoes every day and find that they go off or start sprouting so this bag would be perfect for me. I wonder if this would work for other veg?

THE ORIGINAL SPUDDYBAG

I've never used one before but last week we finished using a bag of potatoes that we bought on Christmas Eve and thwere still fine.

We keep them in a cool dark cupboard with a good air supply - having made sure they were dry first.

I have a really small kitchen so not a lot of cupboard space. I have to store my potatoes on my work top :(

i keep my pots in a dark cupboard in the kitchen but they still sprout REALLY soon after buying them.

They look fab Hayley!! OMG why did you have to do this to me?!?! I'm such a sucker for nice looking handy gadgets like this! It now means I HAVE to buy one too, and we're meant to be getting the roof fixed and paying off credit cards this year!!! LOL! I also really love the idea of the little silicone egg poachers you can get (as advertised in the latest SW Magazine (pg 78)!!

I've heard that if you put an apple in with the potatoes it stops them sprouting. Never tried it though!!

I have a lakeland one and it is stored in the corner of the worktop and it keeps my potatoes lovely.

i looked at the bread one in Lakeland when i was Xmas shopping and it was basically a cotton bag with a carrier bag inside it. much cheaper to use a carrier bag.

potatoes only sprout if they have daylight. when i worked in a shop years ago we used to cover the potatoes in a black bin liner which stopped them going off.

I have the egg poachers, they're wonderful!

I have the potato bag, the mushroom bag, the onion bag & the cheese bag. All great except the cheese one. In fact I have 2 potato bags one for my old ones for mashing chips etc & one for my new ones.

I LOVE Lakeland :candledinner:

just to say you can sometimes get the JML veg bags (similar to those green plastic ones mentioned earlier) in poundland, I like them and it really helps reduce waste.

Back