Squash people!!!

Just found this thread and it made me laugh :)

We went to a pick your own farm 2 weeks ago and came home with these. So we get it!!! We've had a lot if chips lately and haven't bought a potato since!

Btw it's true they last months! The farmer told us on our way out :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2184101374.jpg
    image-2184101374.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 60
Just found this thread and it made me laugh :)

We went to a pick your own farm 2 weeks ago and came home with these. So we get it!!! We've had a lot if chips lately and haven't bought a potato since!

Btw it's true they last months! The farmer told us on our way out :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Woooo! :eek: Now that's squash fetish!! :D

Nevermind all the squash, the fresh beetroot looks gorgeous ! Think I will have to visit the supermarket or the fruit and veg shop in the village tomorrow and get some :)

Nevermind all the squash, the fresh beetroot looks gorgeous ! Think I will have to visit the supermarket or the fruit and veg shop in the village tomorrow and get some :)

Roasted beetroot! Do it! It's fantastic! :eek: Om nom nom! I never would have thought it but beetroot is absolutely fantastic all on its own roasted in fry Light with a bit of salt! Who knew? And why didn't they tell me? :confused: :)

Ooooh thanks very much! :) Although I dont have a problem getting rid of celeriac now I have celeriac chips about four times a week :D In fact I got 4 giGANTic ones today from Tesco :p

This week I'm having two of BritMum's recipes I think to use up some more of my squashes.

then we'll be moving on to Asian/African stuff as I have these little beauties to gobble up next! :

6162726015_c65e463cd4_o.jpg

Send ya recipes this way people! :)

Yours, vegaholic x

Ooohh what are they all?? Look very interesting!
And im loving the sound of roasted beetroot!! This is silly lol, but i have only ever had it pickled! What does it look like? Lol I wont have a clue what to look for in the supermarket. I have had beetroot crisps before and they were yum!
Oh and just a lil bit more praise for the celeriac chips :) Had the tonight with home made chicken kebab and pitta bread yum yum xx

Just looked at the pic, are the beets at the top?

Yep the beetroot is on the top of the veg rack. I know, Id only ever had pickled beetroot in my life I think! I had no idea what it was like as an Actual Real Vegetable :D

The thingies on tghe left are plantain which im gonna try and cook before they die like the last one :p

The stripy brown potato shaped things are eddoes I think, which are a bit like potatoes. Never tried them before. get mixed reviews from what Ive read.

The thing that looks like a giant white carrot is mooli which Ive been meaning to have a go at for ages, and the thing on the right I forget what its even called! Dudhi?

Sooooo going to be a bit of a randomer this week! :D I have no idea if any of these would even go together, they might end up just being snacks or side dishes with summat else, I dunno. :rolleyes:

:D Glad you dont think im dence lol.
Thanks, the beetroot is defo on my shopping list this week!
Where do you get your exotic veg from? I love trying new stuff but cant seem to find anything interesting!! Had a roman cauliflower last week after someone posted a pic on here and even though the taste wasn't much different from broccoli, it looked beautiful and the kids loved it!
I'l be looking out for your veg creations :) xx

:D Glad you dont think im dence lol.
Thanks, the beetroot is defo on my shopping list this week!
Where do you get your exotic veg from? I love trying new stuff but cant seem to find anything interesting!! Had a roman cauliflower last week after someone posted a pic on here and even though the taste wasn't much different from broccoli, it looked beautiful and the kids loved it!
I'l be looking out for your veg creations :) xx

I pick them up from the local grocers and also from Tesco, its pretty mixed round here, we've got loads of Asian shops, Pakistani, Persian, Japanese, Turkish, Afro-Caribbean as well as Irish, Polish, whatever, so you can get all sorts of stuff. It's also a massive Jewish community round here so their stuff too. If you head towards Cricklewood/Kilburn you can get pretty much anything but even Tesco sell quite a bit as it's such a mixed community and they want the dosh! :D

Made some plantain last night OMG!!!! Why did I not have this before! FREE BISCUITS!!!!! :eek: :drool: Post some piccies in my diary in a bit :)

I pick them up from the local grocers and also from Tesco, its pretty mixed round here, we've got loads of Asian shops, Pakistani, Persian, Japanese, Turkish, Afro-Caribbean as well as Irish, Polish, whatever, so you can get all sorts of stuff. It's also a massive Jewish community round here so their stuff too. If you head towards Cricklewood/Kilburn you can get pretty much anything but even Tesco sell quite a bit as it's such a mixed community and they want the dosh! :D

Made some plantain last night OMG!!!! Why did I not have this before! FREE BISCUITS!!!!! :eek: :drool: Post some piccies in my diary in a bit :)

We have nothing round here :( Seriously i am lucky to find a celeriac every now and again! Only polish shops but not sure they have anything different really! Am hopping over to your diary to find out about the biscuits!!! :D:eek::D xx

We have nothing round here :( Seriously i am lucky to find a celeriac every now and again! Only polish shops but not sure they have anything different really! Am hopping over to your diary to find out about the biscuits!!! :D:eek::D xx

Celeriac's a nightmare to get, it's easier to find plantain and yams and all the rest of it than celeriac! Waitrose or occasionally Tesco and that's it :( Youre not in London I take it?

My hunt for plantain has not been a success :( No , no where near london. Near wales lol. Have found celeriac at tesco morrisons and sainsburys today though,but not a plantain in sight! x

Back