SQUEEzing into a smaller me!

I successfully resisted the temptation to have a hot chocolate & a cake today!
Meals:

breakfast: none
lunch: none
dinner: 2 peppered lamb chops with mashed cauliflower

The cauliflower mash was a good idea, very nice indeed! Although I am somewhat disheartened to find that, actually, it was a Very Good Thing that I didn't eat anything else today, because the cauli racked up 14.6g of carbs!

I need to start restricting the veg intake, I think!

Hello Squee... Good luck with the diet ... You'll soon get the hand of it and theres lots of help on here! :)

Morning Sqee, it's not restricting the veg intake that's needed, it's choosing the right veg :)

I suppose so, Jim, I've noticed that cauliflower is quite high in carbs, as are tomatoes :(
But on the plus side broccoli is quite good! I love broccoli!
Today I had:

Breakfast: none
Lunch: Slices of salami, mozzarella & tomato (worked out as 5.0g carb)
Dinner: Chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella, cheddar and mustard wrapped in pancetta, with broccoli.
That one worked out as 4.9g! I didn't count the mustard though.

Now I just need to think of something for breakfast which a) is light b) I can put flaxseed in c) something refreshing to the mouth!

Morning Squee... You're doing well and after a bit you won't even need to think so much about your foods as it will come naturally :)

Morning squee, can't help there, i'm a BIG breakfast man :)

I've never really gone in for breakfast - I'm a late riser so I usually just have lunch. Plus I've not been feeling very hungry lately - presumably all the meat I'm eating!
I managed to get my flaxseed in today though...not that it er, worked.

Brunch: Chicken mayonnaise (with flaxseed) and lettuce
Dinner: 2 lamb chops with spring greens. I also did a red wine sauce which was semi-successful (not thick enough)

Weigh-in day tomorrow! And it's my birthday so the scales had better show something good! Going out for dinner tomorrow, to a tapas bar so it should be sort-of easy to find something less carby to eat.

Morning Squee... And Happy Birthday! Enjoy the day :)

Morning Squee, happy birthday and I hope the weigh in goes well :)

Happy birthday:)
Xxxx

Well I weighed myself today and...I've lost 7lbs! :happy036: So I've lost a total of 12lbs since I started, which is fantastic! Must be doing something right!

I didn't keep strictly to the diet today - didn't eat until 5pm when I went to a tapas bar with my parents. Though I was quite good - I had meatballs in tomato sauce, prawns with garlic and fried chorizo. I also had a small glass of red wine.
So not too bad I think!

However my cat is now not talking to me because we left her in the house on her own!

Happy birthday, and excellent news on the loss :D

The cat sounds much like all cats, mine gives me a snooty tail then licks her underbits when I come home after work - but then loves me when Dreamies are on offer :)

Happy Birthday and well done on your fab loss. Can you send me some of your willpower please x

Brilliant loss Squee!! :)

Back to the diet today...I had scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast/lunch and then cheese-stuffed chicken and spring greens for dinner.
All very nice!
I also had two of those senna tablets...to combat the *cough* unfortunate side effect of this diet!
I must find out of Holland & Barrett do a tablet form of flaxseed or similar - I don't really like the ground stuff. While it doesn't taste nasty, it's gritty and makes the food look unpleasant. Boots, alas, couldn't provide, though they did confirm that such things exist!

With luck my exercise bike should arrive soon - I've been waiting for it for the past few days! (I ordered it from eBay nearly 2 weeks ago) I fancy getting fitter - if only so that I don't get out of puff going up the (small) hill to my house! I see old grannies sailing up there ahead of me and it is embarrassing!

Morning squee and belated happy Birthday, well done on a great loss as well.

2 Senna tablets :bolt:

Well, the two tablets I took yesterday did nothing, but the dose I took today did! *Very relieved here*

Today I had scrambled eggs & bacon (the last two days I have managed to burn the bacon, and it doesn't taste like it used to. Either my tastebuds have changed or the butcher got this from a dodgy pig)
Then I had beef stir fry for dinner. Finally I have managed to do my beef less than well-done! It's still not as tender as the prepared stir-fry from the butcher though - either he tenderises his meat or he marinates it, I must find out. Actually I must find out whether I can have his prepared stuff - because it is absolutely gorgeous!

Bike still hasn't come :(

I also seem to have ordered £50-worth of books in a buying frenzy last night oops!

Flying visit today, as a computer game is calling me!

Brunch: Ham and cheese "sandwiches" (using lettuce)
Dinner: Mustard pork chop with turnip

Actually dinner was a disaster! The chop was overdone and too mustardy (never baked a chop before, let alone in mustard) and I didn't cook the turnip enough! Disappointed now!

Back