Squidgy Chocolate Cake

I'm going to try this recipe this weekend. Hoping it works well as I really am missing my cake/bread ( I know I can have these as syns, but I try to have the least number of syns I can each day). Might even let my DH have some to try as well :)

Hi just made this and its fantastic made mine in a big round silicone baking tray so its quite flat but big enough for 8 large rectangles so thats only 1 syn per slab so i might drizzle some melted chocolate over it next time. thanks for the receipe x

Just put this in the oven. Added a chopped up bar of bourneville chocolate to it which ups the total syns to 20 but still not bad for an entire cake.

Do you think this could be frozen? Will make a batch!

Any Brits on here who can translate 'half a cup of sugar' into something I can understand? I don't have a set of American measuring cups.

A cup is a measure of volume and equal to 8 fluid ounces. So half a cup would be 4 fluid ounces - if you have a measuring cup it should give fl oz on it as well as mls/pints.

I made this tonight, may have slightly over done it with the sweetener but I really enjoyed it! DH wasnt so keen but thats coz he could taste lots of sweetener and not much chocolate. It was plenty chocolatey enough for me though.

I made this tonight, may have slightly over done it with the sweetener but I really enjoyed it! DH wasnt so keen but thats coz he could taste lots of sweetener and not much chocolate. It was plenty chocolatey enough for me though.

glad you enjoyed it :)

I tend to always serve it with fresh fruit and a bit of light cream and it is scrummy.

I have made it with part normal sugar as well, instead of all sweetener. Of course it does up the syns a bit though, but improves the flavour. It definately makes a difference on the cocoa powder used. A good quality one is a must.

I have now amended my first post, as I have updated and slightly improved the recipe :).

You will be interested to know, you can actually half the recipe to make a smaller serving, which is what I did today, added the mixture to a loaf tin and then topped with the yummy cream cheese topping (more syns of course, but worth it).

Last edited:
alfsmummy11 said:
I made mine with 1/2 sugar 1/2 sweetner and when mixing put into food processer. I then cut up into bite size brownies they where delish x

How many syns is the whole cake with 1/2 sugar 1/2 sweetner please? X

Back