squidgy skin!!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by In search of me, 20 April 2007 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Just was reassurance that its not just me!! My skin has gone really weird - like its one of those squidgy stress bags!! Quite odd! Anyone had the same? Even my ower arms look like they've been thouh a wind tunnel at times! Good news is that my ring is too big and had to chuck a pair of shoes cos they were literally falling off!!:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Yep my skin has gone strange too - in fact I think my belly looks worse now than it did when it was bigger - it's gone all wrinkly and strange ..... oh well I suppose it can only get better (I hope).

Well done on the ring and shoes being too big --- that's a good sign, if expensive!

Cath

4. SandraEG

SandraEG Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    That was the thing I noticed after week one. i couldn't see less of me but the weight loss made my fatty bits more squidgy. I thought of it a bit like a balloon that has lost some air and you can squeeze it.
    That has continued and now, after 4 weeks, my fatty areas are very soft. I hope that means it's easier for the fat to dissolve!

I am a bit worried about loose skin because I have a lot to lose - almost 10 stone - and I've been carrying this around for more than 10 years so the skin is very stretched. I booked into a series of Clarins body pro-active treatments which are a full body massage with firming products. You buy 5 and get a 6th one free plus they give you a loyalty card which, with the money in spent on the 5, gave me 70 mins worth of treatments - so that was almost another one. When I bought the products to use at home I had enough for the 7th treatments. I'm having one a month plus exercising at the gym.
    Fingers crossed, eh?

5. In search of me

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Let us know how it goes...v. expensive though isnt it?

6. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    My arms are starting to go back to normal, but my lower tummy looks a bit like a Sharpei dog's face! My boobs are a bit crepey, but I find that Palmer's firming stuff does the job if I want them to look smooth if I'm going out and a want a young woman's clevage. I've lost nearly 5stone and have another 3-4 to go and I've carried the 5 stone I've just lost for 9 years...I accept that I may not be the firmest bunny on the beach this summer, but at least I won't be the biggest bunny! I'm also having Universal contour wraps which have really improved the quality of my skin. Slathering myself in Superdug Vit E cream after a bath also does wonders for my skin texture - if only temporarily!

7. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Sounds interesting. I have been wondering about some sort of treatment as I have 10 stone to lose too. So far just over 3 1/2 gone, and I am worried about my wobbly bits. Pretty certain will go for a tummy tuck at the end, but my arms, thighs and bum.....Not quite sure what to do there!

Maybe a full body transplant!! LOL

Keep using the firming creams....

8. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Also lol at the wind-tunnel arms! That's exactly how I feel about mine - yoga seems to be helping an awful lot though!

9. skinnyminny

skinnyminny Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    W8
    I must say my skin looks a bit horrid in places my stretch marks look loadsworse, hoping copius amounts of bio oil and getting a nice tan on hols wll make it look a bit better though!

Aw well rather this than being as big as I was.

10. natayou

natayou a bit different everyday

Diet:
    cambridge
    hey all, well i have lost 5 stones and have about 9 more to go, In clothes i look much better, but naked OMG its hideous , all squidgy and flabby , not particularly hanging but certainly minging:eek:
    can sort of squish and twist the flab into shapes and it almost stays there, its like silly putty, hoping it will get better:rolleyes:

11. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan

I am so sorry, but this did make me laugh!!:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I so know this feeling too, but hadnt been able to describe it so accurately!!

12. In search of me

Diet:
    Cambridge
    hehe! My thighs are quite hideous! Just like an apron & really hope they go back a bit as wearing a coss will be a mare - would have to get one of those skirt ones & make it g to my knees..to meet with my boobs which are about there!! Trying to be good & use body lotion but its a faff isnt it & I'm hopeless in the morning!! But as JG said woud much rather be slim!

13. SandraEG

SandraEG Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    ISOM - You commented it was quite expensive. I guess that's relative. I'm spending £66 a week on the foodpacks. The treatments I chose are £53 each so 5 of them was £265 but I got the 6th free plus 70 mins worth on the loyalty card. I don't think that's too bad for 7 months of treatments AND it went on the credit card!

The stuff to use at home was relatively expensive. 3 products cost just over £100 BUT I'm off to HK, NZ, US in a couple of weeks and I am planning to buy replacements duty free. I also think other products are just as good but I made the decision to go woth what was recommended to get the best possible results. However, one of them is an exfoliator and I have other exfoliators already so I won't both buying that one again.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.