SS Day 5 - constipation!

KathyWebb

Hi there,
I've got so many great ideas and advice from this board over the last week that I thought I would see if anyone could advise me about constipation! I've always had a bit of a problem with this anyway and I had been warned that this could get worse with CD. I'm now on Day 5 and still haven't 'been' and wasn't sure what the best course of action was. I have some laxatives at home which I could use, but I don't want to have to use these regularly.
Someone mentioned psyllium husk capsules - does anyone know if these work and where I can get them from? And, how quickly do they work - if I bought some tomorrow would I get instant results (sorry for tmi!).
I thought perhaps a laxative tonight and then get some psyllium husk for ongoing day-to-day relief.
I'm not in a great deal of discomfort but do feel a bit heavy and don't want this to affect my first weigh-in on Monday!
Thank you!
Kathy

You can get them at Holland and Barrett I believe. Am told they are very good!

I used psyllium husk capsules and found them to be good! I also made sure that I drunk lots of water! I have not found it a problem this time but know that in the past I have used gylcerin suppositories and these worked really well! I would however not use these on a regular basis! (please not I am not a qualified person so this is only my views)! Good luck hope you get this sorted!

Thanks for advice. I drink lots of water anyway so haven't struggled at all with the quantity required for CD. Will see if I can get some psyllium husk capsules. No Holland And Barrett near me - I wonder if Boots would have them?

Thanks for advice. I drink lots of water anyway so haven't struggled at all with the quantity required for CD. Will see if I can get some psyllium husk capsules. No Holland And Barrett near me - I wonder if Boots would have them?

I had trouble finding them and ordered mine off the Internet, I hope you manage to purchase some!

If you're already bunged psyllium is likely to make things worse. It's more of a preventative than a cure. So, what laxatives have you got in the cupboard? Senna, biscodyl? I'd recommend that you use something now to get yourself unbunged then take additional fibre (psyllium, benefibre etc) to keep things moving. And of course, the other way to keep things shifting is to drink lots of water throughout the day.

Hope you get sorted soon!

I do beleive there are many things available from Holland and Barrett however cannot remember the names but there are plenty of things to help this so good luck =]

Thanks all.

I got some ducolax and they've done the trick! And have ordered some psyllium husk capsules online to take as a preventative measure. Hopefully this will help!

Kathy x

Back