SS+ meal idea needed

flowey

Silver Member
Will try and keep it breif but and involved in a meal tomorow night for our neighbours. I kinda have to be there so am thinking a ss+ day. Ok so soup to start, then ?????? I've been doing some research and the more I look the more confused I am about what and how much I can have. I think will go for chicken + veg or tuna + salad.
Can anyone give me an idea of a meal that is ok on ss+ and how much of what I can have. (2 tblsp lettuce, thats about 4 leaves???)
Thankyou all

You could have a look in you r yellow book it tells you in there about portions, i would say its kind of a hand full or so, I did SS+ last week and just had a small plate full, still lost 3.5lb on it so you should be fine. Have a nice meal.

Thanks lin18. Long story but I'm doing this in France so don't have a yellow book. My councellor is in Paris (8hrs away) and is unhelpful in all aspects, and she's my nearest. I go by a pdf. off the CD website but not sure if thats up to date?
So I could have tuna with salade + cucumber? Any dressing's or just plain? Or I have heard that you can use some soup to make a sauce of chicken. Would I be better off doing that.
Please keep ideas coming, thankyou.

Check out the 810 thread for meal ideas and then just tailor the amounts to the lesser amounts allowed on ss+. There are some good ideas on there to try. What i tend to do mostly is have either tuna in spring water or grilled chicken breast with green salad consisting of leaves and cucumber. I do have a drizzle of low fat/cal dressing. I think most of it is really finding out what fills you up and also what kicks you out of ketosis. Though like KD once pointed out, if you're not in Ketosis you're still going to be losing you'll just not get the nice benefits of Ketosis.. if that makes any sense? KD always puts things much better! Another one i do is microwave 200g of the Quorn chicken pieces with a little spices (curry is good), then for the last few mins put in a floret of brocolli. As i say, it's just playing around with what's on the list to find which fill you up more and you enjoy the most.. x

Back