SS on 1st week of EE - :-(

couscous

:cry:

I got weighed last night and i stayed the same on my first week of EE.

I have done this before and have always done well on green days most of the time with the odd red day thrown in. I know where i went wrong i struggled to fill my plate with 1/3 of superfree foods and as i only had one A choice i used that for milk for my tea so didn't eat a B choice all week. So thinking now a new start and go back to green!

Does anyone have any advice? I had to collect my dog from the vet last night so couldn't stay to class.

:cry:

I got weighed last night and i stayed the same on my first week of EE.

I have done this before and have always done well on green days most of the time with the odd red day thrown in. I know where i went wrong i struggled to fill my plate with 1/3 of superfree foods and as i only had one A choice i used that for milk for my tea so didn't eat a B choice all week. So thinking now a new start and go back to green!

Does anyone have any advice? I had to collect my dog from the vet last night so couldn't stay to class.

So you didn't really follow EE then did you ;)

You ate as much free food as you wanted with out having the superfree foods to assist your portion control. You can't really claim that EE was a failure and that you're going to go back to green because you were not following the plan.

There are lots of ways to make sure you get your superfree foods in. Why not give it another go but do it properly this time. Post your menu plan and we can give you some advice on superfree foods.

Circes is quite correct :)
You wouldn't be the first to STS on your first week though. It's very disappointing but you must stick with it, follow the rules correctly and you'll get the results.
Good luck.

I.LOVE. Extra Easy.

I lost 28lbs in 8 weeks on it, only time i didn't lose was when I tried a Success Express week. I love the fact I can have steak and chips with no weighing, or chicken fried rice until I'm full.

I think you do have to have the 1/3 of every plate rule to make it work though. I do this at every meal and the meals where I don't fit in the extra veg, i leave 1/3 of the plate blank and eat my fruit before or after to help the portion control.

I only snack on superfree between meals too, apart from yoghurts or bananas which are free. I think this helps too.

I think it's great plan, but not for everyone, I personally cannot get my head around red or green, I understand the concepts/rules I just think its a faff weighing your meat or potatoes or whatever. I understand some people feel EE is a poor relation compared to the other original plans but I think when you stick to it it does work.

If you are prepared to give it a try with your B choice and your 1/3 superfree I think you'll see some results. If not, and you've tried it and given it your best, then at least you know green works :)

You sound self aware and you know what the problem is so good luck. Hope your wee dog is okay :)

Just to add my bit here, I have no doubt that EE works amazingly for some people but I just don't think it works for me.

I've followed it, 100% for the past 2 weeks and had 4 EE days the week before that. In that time I've GAINED a pound.

I usually lose 2+lb a week on green.

Like I say I know it works well for the majority of people but it's possible it's just not suited to some.

Quite true clareel, but I do think the OP has to give it more than one week, and follow the plans correctly!

you could give it another week and do it 100%, i've done EE for 90% of my journey so far and i think it can work really well. its easy to fall back into habits of not using 1/3 superfree, like me recently, the weight loss has slowed down but i can only think its because of this. so last week i made sure i was 100% with it AND loads more fluids during the day and lost 2lb. good luck whatever you decide :)

I also STS on my first week, which on reflection was definately down to not following the 1/3 superfree rule.
Now on week eight and I am very pleased to have lost 6.5lbs.

I don't follow the 1/3 rule oops but I love EE it is just so easy to eat, I do however 99% of the time have both my a and b. Ive lost 8.5lbs in 4 weeks and the one week I gained I ate whatever I wanted didn't have my a and b's

I do think it's down to the persons body tho havin done SW before and only eating green days I weighed more at the end then I did when I started for my body to loose weight I need a mixture of food

I'd always done red and green but when I last joined a year ago EE was the encouraged choice. I tried it with red and green in the back of my mind and struggled. I feel like you have to really choice one way or the other rather than change your choice to suit your food on a particular day.

This time I've come into SW with an open mind and I've tried to forget the old choices. The only thing I've struggled with is how to get non-fruit Sfree food into meals if I'm having something like a chilli con carne. Should I be eating salad to fill up before?!

There are lots of options for a chilli, peppers, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes, all count towards your 1/3. You could even grate some carrot into it and it would be unnoticeable!

Back