Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

SS or SS+???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by fatandfedup, 22 June 2010 Social URL.

1. fatandfedup

fatandfedup Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st7lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(8.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all, just wondered what the loss difference between ss and ss+ as im starting on the first of july and not sure which of these i am going to do yet?
    any help would be great thanks!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tange

Tange Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Purely from my own perspective if it was me I would do SS, removing food completely made me think of it differently and I am an all or nothing kind of person, I just know I would cheat if I could have food :eek:

Either way I hope you find a plan that works for you. Probably an idea to talk to your CDC about it.
    Good luck.

4. fatandfedup

fatandfedup Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st7lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(8.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    well she asked me what i would prefer and personally i am the same as you so i said i wanted to do ss and see how i go. i just wondered if i decided to do ss+ what the losses are?

5. JUSTKITTY

JUSTKITTY Full Member

There is no difference. Some weeks I do a few days SS and a few days SS+ depending on how I feel and what I am up to. Sometimes I get on a downer through lack of energy so I ss+ it instead and that really helps. But I tend to just do the meat not veg (as I can't stick to 3 spoons of veg) or I have an extra sachet.

Limit yourself to one bar a day as they have more carbs. I've heard the same about the porridge but not 100% sure on that.

6. Tange

Tange Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Not too sure, no doubt someone will be along shortly to tell you.

7. northerngurl

northerngurl back once again

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(6.97%)
    Diet:
    Hi, my CDC told me that there isnt really any difference between SS & SS+ its just down to preference. I did SS for the first week but found it made me too lightheaded and dizzy so i moved up to SS+ and I feel ok now.

Even if you do a few days of SS and find its not for you its easy enough to jump up a step.

Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

X Debs X

8. BeckyN

BeckyN Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.36%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I think it is preferance (SP???) as people have said, I do SS as like the 'no food at all' option, but last week I've been doing SS+ as I'm on tablets from the doc and I needed a little more ... and I lost 4lb last week!

See which is best for you, but don't be worried about changing, you need to make sure Cambridge works the best for you.

x

9. beinggood

beinggood Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.39%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    you could try for SS, and if you feel you need to eat one day then have some chicken or something and thats SS+ ..that way you have a safety net KWIM. Thats what I do anyway.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.