Step 1 Sole Source + SS+ to Wedding Bliss (hopefully!)

I'm having a nightmare day because I'm soooo busy! I really don't have time to be on here but seeing as its 15.34 and I haven't had a lunch break yet I am fully entitled for 5 mins on here!! Just to give the ole brain a rest!

I have stuck with the shakes so far so I can't comment on the bars I'm afraid.....I do find the shakes filling though. I have noticed some of my buddies have gone AWOL....I suspect they have cheated and will never come back so please don't leave me! I feel so much better than I did three weeks ago and thats what keeps spurring me on. Surely feeling more confident is a massive motivator?!

Come on....you can do it!!!

Awww thanks - well jel you're run off your feet... what I wouldn't give right now! Starting to feel sick and hungry just thinking about the fact that I have nothing to take my mind off it! But don't worry, I'm not going anywhere... got the wedding dress to think of!

Sounds terrible but a girl I knew from school got married recently and posted her photos online... I knew she was a big girl and she'd sort of posted about being on a diet and having a personal trainer etc. but when I saw the pics I couldnt help but think "I don't want to look like that on my big day" - felt a bit *****y but it's one of the things helping get me through and keeping me focussed!

Looking forward to my 200 cal meal tonight when I get in.... only 2 hours to go til feeding time at the zoo ;)

Well the almost inevitable happened last night - got home and there was a big KFC bucket sat on the side singing at me!! My OH had bought it for his lunch and dinner but there was obviously enough for 4 one way or another! Ended up canning my 200 cal meal and replacing it with a couple of pieces of chicken instead...

Today is a new day! Feeling a bit sick at the moment whenever I think of the CD products... didn't have my breakfast shake first thing, had pint of water and a couple of black coffees then had a choc pre-made mid morning. Felt OK after that, quite like them. Peppermint teas have ran out at work so gutted can't have any more of them at the moment - meant to bring my own in but forgot! Making do with black coffee, plain water and water with the summer berry stuff - probably drank about 1.5 litres already today!

Got a banana pre-made and a peanut bar with me for later - pacing myself on the food as once again no work to do! Planning on fish for dinner and have the house to myself tonight (OH working and lodger is staying out for the night) - quite looking forward to it. Fancy a nice hot, relaxing bath, a bit of hair and nail pampering, think I might even have a face mask in the bathroom that I might put on!

Toying with going to the gym over this weekend, just maybe for a gentle session.. figure I've almost completed 3 wks so my body should be used to the reduced cals and will let me exercise a bit more beyond walking... thinking I might just do a gentle cycle and maybe a few weights/sit ups for toning..

:happy036:

Just cracked open the peanut crunch bar and it is LOVELY!!!

3.5 hours to WI ... COUNTING DOWN!!!

Have been super good today though think I should have maybe drank more water by now.... Just had the mint choc bar and my tummy is bubbling from it - dont think I'm going to bother with any more of the bars this week, not convinced they have helped... am sure I've been more hungry with them, had a lot of bubbly tummy and to be brutally honest have been quite constipated this week - all weekend felt bloated and it's only today I think I might actually have lost a couple more lbs

Am fingers tightly crossed (to the white knuckle extent!) that I've lost at least another 2lbs so I have breached the 1 stone barrier!!!! Going to do one more week on SS+ (but this time trying the 4 shakes + milk option, cutting out food altogether), then planning on moving to Step 2. Would like to clear a stone and a half in the first month then slow it down a little bit, aiming for 2 stone clear by mid November... confident I can do it just need to keep reminding myself of the wedding dress and the heffer I DON'T want to be on the big day!!!

Well had the WI on Monday night... lost another 1lb! :( Was pretty gutted but then didn't feel like I really had lost much though was hoping for 2 lbs just to take me to the big 1 stone loss... Although on a slightly more positive note I did still lose another 2.5 inches.

Spoke to CDC about the choc bars and feeling quite gurgly and bloated after them, plus had a week of reasonable constipation (sorry to be so graphic!) and am aware I probably drink as much water as I should have done. I am steering clear of the choc bars this week and have committed to religiously having ALL of my milkshakes per day "like it's medicine!" (to quote my CDC). Been OK since then but took a couple of hours to work through the initial disappointment of the WI - aiming for a good 4/5lbs this week and I WILL STICK TO IT!

Also, at my CDCs house she had the 'Meals in minutes' and ready meals 'Eat Easy' out to show me - wondered if anyone has the recipe book (is it any good?) and anyone tried the micro meals (which are OK/not so nice?)? She said they were quite new and she only just got in a trial pack - thought it might be particularly suitable for me as I have a long term diet timeframe. Obviously the meals mean you're not in ketosis but they are low calorie and balanced therefore a good step towards maintenance or as a break from the earlier steps - normally she says they are first available under step 4.

Going to aim to get to around the 1.5 stone loss this week then thinking I will maybe do 2 weeks on step 2 and see how I go. Struggling to drink the water required each day... even with my drink flavouring but am trying my best!

Hi Fizzyjen - sorry that you were disappointed with your weigh in. I did wonder where you had gone, but I'm so glad you are back and full of determination again!

Think of the inches you've lost and let that be the motivation you need to carry on.

Your long term goal does seem a good way of doing this -Like many I'm certainly here for the quick fix. Hopefully I'll be a stone away from goal by the time of my birthday and I can then take it a bit steadier getting that last stone off! Right now I'm so impatient and want it off now. I'm not ready to do SS+ yet. I believe that if I allowed myself food I perhaps wouldn't know when to stop and before I know it, not only would I be off that wagon and laying in the road 10 miles behind the wagon!

Come on Fizzyjen, let's do this!

Day 29 in the CD HOUSE!!! ;)

Well have come to some conclusions this morning;

1. I don't drink as much on the weekends - concerted effort made this weekend to up the water stakes... poured myself a pint at a time and couldn't have anything else shake or otherwise until the last pint of water was drank
2. I don't have all my milkshakes on the weekend because I just don't feel like them - am averaging 2 milkshakes a day over the weekends as in most instances would prefer to have nothing or just water then a shake - CDC advised me to think of them as my medecine which has to be taken... not quite on board with this one yet
3. I have little to no resolve when it comes to wine... I do like a glass of wine and have ad some when I've really felt like I couldn't resist - not ideal for the diet but still managing to contain it to 1 glass only (rather than at least half a bottle!) - although not part of the diet feel like I'm making headway in not drinking nearly as much as I would do before
4. I don't want to miss out on social opps or meals with friends - again not ideal for the diet as it means I'm not always sticking to the recommended 200 cal meal, though I am making every effort to stick to a small protein portion plus some veg... need to either turn down all social occasions (which I am loathed to do given I have 8 months to lose the weight) OR need to try to limit where I'm eating out and maybe meet ppl after the food so I can have a shake...
5. I do amazing Mon-Thurs and then Fri-Sun I struggle as per the above... maximise the being good as much as possible if I think I'm going to crumble at the weekend but try to work on points 1-4

Feel a bit odd this morning to be honest. Have probably been better this weekend than any other! Weighed myself a couple of days last week (finding that regular scale check-ins is helping me stay focussed) and had lost about 3-4lbs which I was really pleased with. Got on the scales this morning and only currently showing a 1lb loss again from this week - proof that quite frankly I am just f*ck!ng up the weekends...

What's odd though is that I don't feel like I've put anything on physically and this morning a colleague (who hasn't seen me since last Wed but knows I'm dieting) said how good I looked and like I'd lost more... Definitely feel that way though thats not what was on the scales. Maybe this week I will have a good inch loss even if the scales still only show a pound or 2.... But will I be disappointed again like last week?

WI deferred to tomorrow so got another day to ponder it... yet again nothing to do at work though not noticing the cravings as much now. Don't feel hungry as often and am back to lots of regular fluids... Here's to another day!

WI done last night... an 8 day week last week and from my own scales was fluctuating between a 4 and 2lbs loss... on the night though it was the 4lbs that won out!!!! Am really pleased as this week has taken me over the 1 stone barrier, always my nemesis!!!

Am moving onto Step 2 now for a few weeks to see how we go. Didn't have amazing inch loss this week but my CDC said she expects I may see more inches next week but with a slower weight loss amount... Happy anyway and got everything ready to make the Indian Daal recipe in the book for my dinner tonight! And quite excited that I can have some milk now...

Back