Step 1 Sole Source + SS+ to Wedding Bliss (hopefully!)

frizzyjen

Hi

Well new to the site and new to the CD... started SS+ yesterday and stumbled on this site whilst fighting nibble-cravings at work!!!

I turned 30 on 1st Sept AND am getting married in November 2013 - both of these resulted in a moment of clarity...
:4635:
I am happy with myself but not with my weight - time to do something about it! I spent about 2 weeks one way or another celebrating my 30th - drinks, meals, holiday, almost to the point of popping so I felt 'ready' to make a commitment to the CD.

Day 1 - Monday 10 Sept... had tried to mentally prepare myself over the weekend for NOT having food and to be as positive as possible about the diet (after all I have a great goal!)... Apple and cinnamon porridge in the am really didn't start the day off well - it smelled amazing but the texture was not so great and only a black coffee helped me swallow it down!
:sick0019:
Had 2 pre-made shakes through the day - banana and strawberry. Think banana was my favourite but they were both palatable. The day was definitely made harder by the fact that I was quiet at work and had no one to really chat to... spent an hour in my car at lunch reading a book to try to distract myself. Couldn't wait to get home and have my 200cal meal... and I LOVED every mouthful! Ate slowly, could have managed about the same 3 times over but it was nice, just the sensation of eating....

Started Day 2 and felt better this morning I think because I felt less bloated, wasn't too hungry first thing and REALLY ENJOYED the hot choc-mint drink I had! It was tasty and filled me up and has kept me going til now... don't think this post would have been quite so positive if I'd written it yesterday!

Have arranged with my CDC to go swap the porridges so I don't have to simply 'grin and bear' them so now it's just to stay strong for the rest of the week... hopefully resulting in a good weight loss week 1 which will ultimately keep me focussed and spur me on!

Anyway I plan to update this as often as possible to try to keep my MIND ON MY WEDDING DRESS!!!! Needs to be ordered by April and then I need to keep the weight off!

Roll on the next year!!!!

Jen x

Hey Jen.....I saw your post on the other thread, I turn 30 this year also! I have definitely found that starting a diary helped! It's a way of writing down our thoughts/emotionals and can be a distraction from going to the fridge!!! People are very good at reading them and encouraging, but even if they didn't I've already gone back and read mine a few times to motivate myself! I'm day 6 SS and feeling great!

I'm hoping to get married in Dec 2014 - been engaged for ages already but we wanted to buy a house first (home owners as of March this year!) and now we want to get rid of a ghastly loan which is due to be repaid by 2013...hence the 2014 date! PLus I need time to slim into the perfect dress! I haven't even tried any dresses on yet! I've decided that when I get to 11 stone I'm going to allow myself to try some on! I'm 13.10 at the moment so won't be for a little while!

I'm in Woking, Surrey!

I like the banana shake a lot! I blend it with ice cubes until its like a banana slush puppie and then eat with a spoon! It feels like a dessert!!

Niki

Nikie, thanks for your post and your encouragement... seems like we are in a similar boat! We decided to blow the mortgage savings on the wedding and start again re the house (given we're not getting any closer at the moment figured we might as well enjoy the money and do something special for us!)... possibly not a 'sensible' decision but hey!!! :silly:

Thanks for the tip re the banana - was going to have a go at mixing that one tonight!

Day 3 - started well, although am only 2 days done decided to weigh myself! Happy at the moment and its kept me focussed - though trying not to put too much 'weight' on it (pardon the expression), as I don't want to be disappointed at my weekly weigh in on Monday.

Had hot choc-orange this morning and was equally nice as the choc-mint so that's 2 down that I deffo know I'm good to go on... Bought some ice lolly moulds as found a page with ideas for recipes, that talked about making lollies with water with added summer berry flavouring and think that will be something nice to have in my mouth of an evening rather than staring depressingly at a pint of water! Going to try that over the weekend...

Made a curry stir/dry fry for my 200 cal meal last night: chicken, peppers and mushroom plus a home mixed curry paste of spices and water - really enjoyed it and actually felt satisfied once I'd finished!

Day 3 feels better again... chin up!!!

Don't blame you for chosing the wedding instead!!! We were looking at houses for two years and were about to rethink things and then the perfect little place came up for us so thats why we did that first! I know it was REALLY important for my fiance for us to own first and although I don't altogether understand why I am happy now we have done it! We just nipped in before the end of the stamp duty holiday for first time buyers!

I KEEP weighing myself and it is bad because my weigh in is in the evening....so I'll have consumed 3 litres of water! So it's NEVER going to be what it is in the morning! Plus I didn't go on the scales for a couple of days so I have no idea what my scales are like compared to my CDC's!! I thought I was 4lbs down on day 3 but who knows!!! On the plus side, I havent weighed today and I won't do before tonight so it will be a nice surprise for me!

I am STILL very motivated but I am really hoping for a loss tonight to spur me on even more!!

Have a great day!!

Oh GOOD LUCK tonight!!!!

:fingerscrossed:

Hope the weigh goes as planned... my loss was 6lbs this morning but like you say morning to evening can make a few lbs of difference plus if I've lost anything more than 4/5lbs in the first week I will be happy! It will be more than I've been able to lose on my own for a long time!

Enjoy the rest of your day too!

Oh also, how do you get the weightloss ticker on your signature? Have been playing around with it but can't get it to work...

Ignore last post... worked it out! ;-)

Try again....

Nope still not working - it doesn't seem to want to let me save any of the changes I make

Have you got it? I clicked on someone elses and got it no problem....but then spent ages trying to get it onto my signature! Hmm....I copy and pasted the BB Code bit and then edited my signature and put it on....you can preview signature to see if it has gone on and then clicked on save. It did take me a while though....I think I may have deleted the bit off the end?

Yeh really odd - it shows on the preview and I save it but then it doesn't seem to be holding to my actual signature. Not to worry will give me something to work on this afternoon! Am really quiet at work - which is NOT making the food cravings too easy... Have had my 1-permitted can of coke zero today already (been trying to hold out for 2pm most days)...

Yay I see a ticker!!!!

Well.... I've made it over the first week hurdle. It's been a while since I checked in on here - not sure where my head has been but just haven't had chance to come online which I guess is a good thing...

So 9lbs off at my first WI together with 2" round the waist, 1" bust and 1.5" on each arm!!!:party0049:

Really pleased with it as I didn't have the best weekend (days 6 and 7!). It was my first weekend on the CD and to be honest I just couldn't stick to it as easily as I have managed when I was at work - just too much distraction plus was home alone while the other half was out working. I really struggled to 'want' the milkshakes and can't hand on heart say i stuck to the diet to the letter, but feel like i stuck to the 'spirit' of it ... i mean like having one less milkshake but then adding slightly more veg and meat into my 200 cal meal... felt quite bad until i got on the scales on Monday night and realised I had lost so much in wk 1!!!

This week hasn't gotten off to a great start... have already cheated and had a slice of pizza and a glass of wine (well 3 glasses!!!)...:busted:
We had friends round and again (day off work) I hadn't managed to fit all my milkshakes in, had 1 shake and then half a small tub of cottage cheese through the day. Evening came and they were all ordering pizza... plus to top it off I started my 'lady troubles' yesterday which I don't think has helped in the slightest as usually I would be nibbling on anything and everything for a couple of days!

Back in work today and am trying to be good... although it is a bit like starting all over again. I just keep thinking " come on pull yourself back into it... another 5lbs this week and that's a stone gone already!". I really do miss food though...

aah well done on your 9lb loss!

Re cheating - I know that the minute I 'cheat' and have something, I'll think 'well it wasn't that bad' particularly if I then have a great weight loss and before I know it I'll have completely fallen off the wagon and be back at square one! Some people can have a bit extra in the evening and then be good the rest of the week -I just can't! I read a diary earlier where someone had eaten something quite substantial and still had a great loss and I thought for a split second 'Maybe I could just have something....' but then I reminded myself that I haven't yet dealt with my food demons and therefore that wouldn't be the best idea!

I suppose it depends on why you are doing SS, SS+, Step 2 etc. I'm doing SS so I can eliminate food entirely and then hope to deal with the underlying reasons WHY I eat so much and WHAT changes I can make in the future.

I'm hoping this will stand me in good stead for maintaining once I have reached goal!

Ok so day 1 of week 3 and my 2nd week WI tonight... Not had a good week AT ALL! Time of the month, 2 nights with friends and a new lodger moved in bringing with her wine, chocs and cake! Have been pretty good on the eating front, in that I haven't really had any carbs and have now and again substituted a shake for an extra bit of food on my meal but I think the wine has killed it - think this is going to be the hardest vice to break for me!!!

Had text from my CDC last night asking how the week had gone and what shakes I will be needing for week 3 - have been completely honest with her and said what a disaster it's been. Found her really supportive - she knows I want to lose the weight but also have a longer term time to do it in so don't want to feel like I'm being completely punished or I won't keep it off. Like she said... fresh week this week so start again!

Hoping to still have lost 1-2lbs tonight, to just add to my 9lbs starting total but we shall see... am determined this week to stick to it and get into the stone weight loss next week so I can then maybe consider moving to step 2 for a slightly slower weight loss but with not soooo much pain.

On a positive, a pair of trousers are on today that haven't fit for quite a while! Can deffo feel the inch loss though this week have felt pretty solid, week 1 I really felt a lot of bloating disappearing.

Chin up... will be OK and I will get there even if it is slowly - better than putting weight on!

Oh course! If it werent for my birthday party I would probably be doing at least SS+ and taking this a little bit slower....if it was worth it then I think thats all good!

Depends how you look at it I guess....for me, I plan to stick to SS for the next 9 weeks (so 11 in total) because although its hard and I LOVE food, in the grand scheme of things 11 weeks out of my life is nothing! The food WILL still be there afterwards! Also, if I 'cheated' and had a bad week and didn't lose as much weight I may feel rubbish at my party then I'd regret it. I've had it so many times before on different diets, where I have had a great week, then the next week not so good, then the next is worse...then I end up giving up! And going on hols/events feeling rubbish and embarassed and wishing I had the willpower to do it.

I have taken a few pics during the past two weeks and the difference I can see already is enough to spur me on! I actually think I might look quite pretty for my birthday! I might try and put a face pic up! You never know it might motivate someone!

Draw a line under the last week and start again! It's not a big deal.....so you'll get to goal a week later than you planned! It'll all turn out fine I promise. Let us know how you get on...fingers crossed!

OK so WI done last night and despite a bit of a trip 'off the wagon' last week have still lost another 3lbs... bringing my grand total to 12lbs which I am really happy with over just 2 weeks!
:bliss:
My CDC was really good even when I told her the bare-bones truth about the week - she provided lots of encouragement and to try to use this week as a fresh start, which I totally intend to do... have no more social arrangements for the next 2 weeks so planning on really focussing on the diet and my end goal again! Think the slip last week made me feel so bad that I have even more motivation.

As I'm now in week 3 have been able to get the choc bars. Had half the cranberry one this morning so far (plus a hot choc-mint for breakfast) and although it's advertised as a crunchy bar, it does have some bite but it is still largely 'chewy'. Enjoyed it though so thats the main thing!!!

Here's to a successful week and fingers crossed to break the stone barrier next week!

Well done that's great! I'm pleased you are feeling more motivated now....despite writing all that stuff on your diary yesterday I really struggled last night! I'm pleased to say that I DID NOT cheat! And today I'm feeling so glad that I didn't!

I've just been looking at some of the inspirational pics.....Littlemamma has some gorgeous pics of her in her wedding dress. I've also been looking on facebook, at the pics I've been tagged in during the last 6 months and I hate how I look so much it is really spurring me on to make a change.

I think its great that you were honest with your CDC re the blip.....when I was doing WW a lot of people used to be incredulous when they gained or stayed the same because they 'didn't cheat at all' but when you spoke to them afterwards it turned out they'd had a couple of takeaways or something! I guess to admit that you have buggered up on the plan is to admit that you weren't strong enough to do it? Which leads to horrid thoughts and more bingeing. Which is why its actually a lot more positive to admit to it and do something about it. Like you.

I'll let you know how I get on later.

Niki xxxx

Aww thanks Nikie that's really nice...

Hope you have a better day today and your WI goes well

HAVING A NIGHTMARE DAY!!!!!! (motivation/hunger-wise)

In work but so far have had nothing to do... thats 4 days straight with not a sausage of work - food on the brain!!! Can't think about anything except being desperate to just EAT!!!
:help2:
Am being good at the moment but don't feel like my resolve will hold up all day!

Am on the choc bars as one of my meals this week and am convinced it's making me hungrier... wondered if anyone else had experienced the same when introducing them? Wondered if maybe having something solid mid-day isn't a great thing as its almost preparing me for more solids... which I can't have!!!

Feeling a lot trimmer than I was and think in turn it's making me stand up straighter and feel more confident - that's the only thought keeping me going right now...

Back