SS+ vegetarian meal ideas?

ejsmee

Im starting ss+ today, got about 9 stones to destroy!!!

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for the light meal for vegetaians?

I love quorn but am a bit daunted that it may be quorn Every night!!!

Can I add any flavorings or spice to it?

Please help!!!

Cottage cheese too....oh how delightful lol. The nicest cottage cheese in the one made by Longley Farm, you can get it in Morrisons and some other supermarkets. It'sa million times nicer than that other watery muck they call low-fat cottage cheese:p

If the thought of watery cottage cheese makes you heave, try draining it, in a sieve or piercing a hole in the bottom of the tub. Makes it a whole lot drier.

Even better, try fat-free curd cheese, which is very dry. It used to be called Quark, a German branded product, but you can buy the equivalent in Sainsbury and Asda, at least, and probably other supermarkets and delis.

And then there's tofu....firm, rather than silken, and it also benefits from drying out before use.

didn't know you could have the low fat curd cheese :) thought it had to be cottage cheese! must admit I think longley farm cottage cheese is the nicest, but will now look for some low fat curd cheese :)

Hi Trisha, I did say "fat-free" curd cheese - "low-fat" is creamier, so another good reason to read the nutrition panel carefully. Truthfully, I've no idea whether fat-free curd cheese is officially allowed, but I can't think why not. However, I'm ready to be corrected, as always!

Back