ss vs ss+

I have had the same thought.

There's very little difference. Not enough to worry about :)

I found my losses better when I started SS+, not sure why. Now I'm doing SS+ I dont think I'd want to go back to SS!

I was thinking this! I am gonna give ss a go this week but my cllr did say the differences were hardly noticeable between the two! x

Really interesting thread.... I've been wondering about the weight loss over time, not so much 2-3 weeks into the diet, but the difference say 8-9 weeks into the diet.... Will it take longer to lose the weight doing the SS+. Has it been looked into by Cambridge does anyone know.
I am doing the 4 packs a day but no milk as I can't stand it at the moment, I opted for the 4 packs to give my body more vitamins etc, iron espeically..... I plan to up my activity levels after the first 2 weeks to compensate and to get fit..
I'm fed up of being fat, but just as fed up of being unfit.

KD any guesses if there's no difference why there's the two options then ie why short people could have 3 packs or 4 packs with milk?

Sorry for the delay LS! I'm sulking with toothache :( Bearable at the moment.

When I was doing the diet, there wasn't a SS+, it was just 3 shakes. But..many find 4 shakes more managable, and the extra carbs should still be low enough to stay in ketosis. 5 shakes would be too much for most people.

So why don't Cambridge just change it to 4 shakes for everyone?

Because 3 shakes has everything you need, and so it would an unnecessary expense for some :)

Really interesting thread.... I've been wondering about the weight loss over time, not so much 2-3 weeks into the diet, but the difference say 8-9 weeks into the diet.... Will it take longer to lose the weight doing the SS+.

If we take a simple view of 3,500 calories = 1 pound of weight, then we are talking about 4 pounds more weightloss every two months.

But...body physiology isn't that simple :D

For one thing, your metabolism raises a little when you have a shake....and no, that doesn't mean that splitting shakes equals a faster metabolism. There's no truth in the saying that you need to eat frequently to keep the metabolism fired up.

Ooops, I digress.

So, there will be a slight raise in the metabolism on SS+ (very slight). Also, some people find that they have more energy on SS+, so again, a slightly raised metabolism. And others find that the extra shake stops them falling off the wagon completely.

so when it comes to weightloss, there are variables between the two plans. Very hard to calculate the difference exactly, but suffice to say that it's hardly worth thinking about :)

Thanks KD for that answer... I understand what you are saying, we all lose weight at different rates etc and it all depends. I for one have gone for the 4 to give my body that extra bit and to hopefully give me more energy. Will be interesting to see how I get on... If I have a few weeks futher down the line where I have 1-2lb loses every week for a few weeks, then I may grumble...
I'm going to be more active this time as I do want to get fit as well as look fab.... You are looking fab by the way, wow.... you have a wonderful shape, really dinky...

Really interesting reading :) thanks everyone and KD :)

I've just done a week on SS+ after SS'ing for 4 weeks.
My loss was still a fab one this week of 3.5lbs (and that was including a sensible meal out for my wedding anniversary one evening)

I'm sticking with SS+ now as I have found I do have more energy and the loss is still good.

hope that is of some help x

TYou are looking fab by the way, wow.... you have a wonderful shape, really dinky...

Thankyou fluffy. I love being called dinky :cool:

Thanks for explaining the history KD and I hope you feel better soon. xx

Cheers LS. Getting there. Had 1/2 a root canal thingy after turning up on the dentists doorstep with a help sign :D

Back