SS+

Mamaye

Hi
Can't find the list of food allowed on SS+ and am not at home so can't check the Cambridge booklet, could anyone tell me if I can have a bit of turkey? Hubby and his family are going to a carvery so i want to know if i am allowed some or not.
I have a tetra with me anyway, and I could pick a bit of broccoli from his plate :0)
Thanks

Posted by KD a CDC on FAQ Sticky

Although, it does not specify I do not see why you could not have the same quantity of turkey as you would chicken.
MM

810 options updated 21/3/2010
Choose one portion of protein-rich food from the list below:

Protein Options

250g plain cottage cheese (5% fat)
325g reduced fat cottage cheese (less than 2% fat)
175g chicken breast without skin/fat
275g white fish fillet, eg cod, haddock
260g canned tuna* in water (drained)
190g fresh tuna steak*
275g quorn pieces/mince (V)
250g prawns
2 large eggs (V)
210g regular or 400g of firm tofu (V)
80g dried weight red lentils
225g canned chick peas, drained
70g dried weight soya beans
80g dried weight chick peas

The skimmed milk allowance should be 340mls (misprint in book)

Plus

Vegetable options

3 tablespoons in total of any of the following

Green salad leaves such as rocket, lambs lettuce, watercress, radicchio, little gem or romaine lettuces
Celery, cucumber or red radishes
Courgettes, marrow, Brussels sprouts, kale, turnip tops (the green leafy part not the actual turnip) broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage including pickled)
Mushrooms
Chinese leafy greens such as pok choi or Chinese cabbage
Spring onions, green peppers, spinach, asparagus, fennel and celeriac

Plus
340ml skimmed milk.

Remember - No oil to fry (steam or poach). Don't add salt, but herbs, pepper, balsamic or lemon juice are ok. Use fat free salad dressings.

Also please note Page 15

'Smoked Haddock with celeriac and roasted vegetables'

This should be plain haddock NOT smoked haddock due to the high salt level in smoked haddock.

Plus
3 Cambridge meals regardless of height, gender or ethnicity

Enjoy :)

Thank you
I saved both SS+ and 810 lists on my phone, so will be fine next time.
They didn't go to a carvery last night, but in a steak bar :0(
Ordered a sparkly water and had my banana tetra while watching them eat sirloin steak!! Was a but embarrassed at the beginning as i didn't order any food and the waiter was surprised, but then it was fine. Week 7 and it's the first time we went out for dinner, and it didn't bother me, yay!

Oh Sorry about that... thanks Lily.

MM

Thank you
I saved both SS+ and 810 lists on my phone, so will be fine next time.
They didn't go to a carvery last night, but in a steak bar :0(
Ordered a sparkly water and had my banana tetra while watching them eat sirloin steak!! Was a but embarrassed at the beginning as i didn't order any food and the waiter was surprised, but then it was fine. Week 7 and it's the first time we went out for dinner, and it didn't bother me, yay!

Aw, Mamaye, that's brilliant, well done. :0clapper: I know - the first time you do these things it feels really weird. But actually, it's not as hard to watch other people eat and you not have anything than you'd think. I've done it quite a bit - and if anything, it gets easier cos you get used to just smiling at the waiter and saying, "No - I'm not eating, thanks!"

Definitely worth it for the result at the scales! Well done!

Well done!!
I go out once a week with my mum and nan and watch them eat. Always freaks the waiting staff out when I order no food and a large bottle of water no lemon :)

Well done, Mamaye --

I have done this (i.e. gone out with others and just had a coffee and my bar or asked for hot water and had a soup).

And, the only time I have found it difficult is when one of the other people would stop telling me that "she couldn't do that" and "poor you". I had to set her straight. ;)

MM

the only time I have found it difficult is when one of the other people would stop telling me that "she couldn't do that" and "poor you". I had to set her straight. ;)

MM

LOL, good on you! I know - other people's 'well-meaning' comments don't actually help, sometimes. :)

The other thing you could do, if you don't want to say, "I'm not eating" is

"Actually, I've eaten already, so nothing for me, thanks. I'm just here to keep him/her company."

Ah, it's all good fun... :D

Back