Step 1 Sole Source + Ss+

nicanancy

My councillor has put me down on ss+ I've been sticking to just ss, what extra do I have on the +?

did your consultant not give you a book to go along with the diet? they should have. It gives you detailed information on every step. the + is ether a small amount of skimmed milk for those us us that just can't stand black tea lol or a small meal with in the guidelines in the book. For example today I had 170g of chicken and 80g of the veg listed :)

You would need the book for the exact amounts. I think if your wanting to just stick to ss, let them know that you prefer it see what they say. I imagine it would be fine :)

did your consultant not give you a book to go along with the diet? they should have. It gives you detailed information on every step. the + is ether a small amount of skimmed milk for those us us that just can't stand black tea lol or a small meal with in the guidelines in the book. For example today I had 170g of chicken and 80g of the veg listed :)

You would need the book for the exact amounts. I think if your wanting to just stick to ss, let them know that you prefer it see what they say. I imagine it would be fine :)

How r u finding ss+ today is day 7 for me. How long have you been on cwp? What have your losses been?
Good luck

I had to buy my book off my CWPC x

oh my book was given to me week one.. hmmm. well I'm on day 12 of week two. But weigh in is tomorrow. :D
I have so much on today not really had time to think about anything lol though my mother in law did offer me a sausage role. I was good and said no.

I got my book free after my first visit with my consultant. On ss+ you can have a 200 cal meal at night, chicken, turkey, cottage cheese, two eggs and 80g veg listed. X

Here you go, I found this on a different website.

These are the foods that are allowed on the SS+ Cambridge Diet, as far as I know. They may not be accurate so you need to ask you counsellor for a proper list, but it gives you and idea of what you can have. With this option you have 3 cambridge packs too and then just one meal using the lists below. Alternatively for SS+ you can have 4 cambridge packs and 200ml of skimmed milk (and no food).

PROTEIN (have one of these per meal or you can mix and match and have half the eggs/half the chicken etc)
120 g Chicken or turkey (skinless)
190 g Cod haddock or white fish
250 g Tofu
200 g Quorn
180 g Tinned tuna (in water)
125 g Prawns
225 g low fat cottage cheese
2 medium eggs

(ALL UNCOOKED WEIGHTS)

PLUS
TWO (15 ML) tablespoons of any cooked or raw veg from the list

Asparagus
Kale
Broccoli
Lettuce
Cabbage (even pickled)
Marrow
Mushrooms
Cauliflower
Pac choi
Celeriac
Red radishes
Spinach
Celery
Turnip tops (leafy part)
Watercress
Chinese leafy greens
Courgettes
Cucumber
Fennel
Green salad leaves

SALAD DRESSINGS (low fat/lite dressings only)
Helmans Vinaigrette
Balsamic vinegar

HERBS AND SPICES
Thyme
Chives
Basil / oregano
Fennel
White / black pepper
Paprika / smoked paprika

The cottage cheese less that 2% fat where can I get this in tesco all I can find is less than 7% fat :(

Here you go, I found this on a different website.

Those measurements don't match what my Cambridge book says, I don't have a copy at work but I know the chicken is 170g and I think the prawns is about 185g and it's 2 large eggs.

the veggies have been increased to 80g

170 g Chicken or turkey (skinless)
230 g Cod haddock or white fish
250 g steamed Tofu
200 g Quorn
180 g Tinned tuna (in water)
185 g pre-cooked Prawns
225 g low fat cottage cheese - less than 2% fat
2 large eggs

Back