1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Stacey's Mexican Fiesta - ole!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by StaceyUK, 3 April 2009 Social URL.

1. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    This really appeased my Mexican craving!

5.5 syns and 1 HEX A for the whole thing. It makes a massive amount! Hubby and I only managed about 1/2 of it between us.

1 tin Old El Paso refried beans
    basmati rice
    creamed tomatoes
    1 tsp cumin
    Roasted vegetables (optional)*
    3-4 tomatoes, chopped
    1/2 red onion, chopped
    juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
    handful of fresh coriander, chopped
    sm tub fat free fromage frais
    3 tbsp Sainsbury's guacamole (4.5 syns)(excellent guac worth the syns!)
    3 spring onions, chopped
    7 olives (1 syn), chopped
    Jalapenos, chopped (optional)
    42g reduced fat cheddar, grated

1) Boil some basmati rice in stock made with chicken bovril for 10 mins. Drain and return to pan. Add 2-3 tbsp of creamed tomates and ground cumin. Season to taste.

2) Make the salsa - combine the tomates, red onion, coriander, lemon/lime juice, salt & pepper to taste in a bowl. Blitz until it's smooth but still a little chunky.

3) Microwave the beans for about 1 min to make them easier to spread.

4) In a large round dish, spread the refried beans, top with roasted veg (if desired), then rice, then fromage frais, then salsa, then guacamole. Scatter over the cheese. Scatter over the olives/spring onion/jalapenos.

5) Serve in taco shells (Old El Paso = 3 syns each) or on a bed of freshly shredded iceburg lettuce.

*Note - I used mixed roast veg in mine but would omit in future as I didn't think they suited this dish (but I wanted some more superfree food in there so I added it). Next time I would have it on the side or omit altogether.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. skinny_fi

skinny_fi Full Member

stacey - your meals always look and sound so wonderful
  4. DearFatty

DearFatty Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Looks yum. I had mexican too last night, it has to be one of my fave meals of all time
  5. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

looks fab hun.xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.