Stacey's Mexican Fiesta - ole!

StaceyUK

Gold Member
This really appeased my Mexican craving!

5.5 syns and 1 HEX A for the whole thing. It makes a massive amount! Hubby and I only managed about 1/2 of it between us.

1 tin Old El Paso refried beans
basmati rice
creamed tomatoes
1 tsp cumin
Roasted vegetables (optional)*
3-4 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
handful of fresh coriander, chopped
sm tub fat free fromage frais
3 tbsp Sainsbury's guacamole (4.5 syns)(excellent guac worth the syns!)
3 spring onions, chopped
7 olives (1 syn), chopped
Jalapenos, chopped (optional)
42g reduced fat cheddar, grated

1) Boil some basmati rice in stock made with chicken bovril for 10 mins. Drain and return to pan. Add 2-3 tbsp of creamed tomates and ground cumin. Season to taste.

2) Make the salsa - combine the tomates, red onion, coriander, lemon/lime juice, salt & pepper to taste in a bowl. Blitz until it's smooth but still a little chunky.

3) Microwave the beans for about 1 min to make them easier to spread.

4) In a large round dish, spread the refried beans, top with roasted veg (if desired), then rice, then fromage frais, then salsa, then guacamole. Scatter over the cheese. Scatter over the olives/spring onion/jalapenos.

5) Serve in taco shells (Old El Paso = 3 syns each) or on a bed of freshly shredded iceburg lettuce.

*Note - I used mixed roast veg in mine but would omit in future as I didn't think they suited this dish (but I wanted some more superfree food in there so I added it). Next time I would have it on the side or omit altogether.

Attachments

• IMG_3377.JPG
    IMG_3377.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3378.JPG
    IMG_3378.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3380.JPG
    IMG_3380.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 80
Looks yum. I had mexican too last night, it has to be one of my fave meals of all time

looks fab hun.xx

Back