Total Solution Stalling second week?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by tink1982, 16 January 2014 Social URL.

1. tink1982

tink1982 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi there!

I'm a previous Cambridge dieter, but put on 2 stone following giving up smoking so am trying exante to shift it.

Week 1, I lost 9lbs. I was good all week, the only cheat being a chicken breast on Saturday night. No exercise more than usual ( I have horses and ride most days, this is normal for me)
    I am in week 2 and as of today (weigh in day today) I've lost further 2.5 lbs. I've been 100% .... And I've even been running twice in addition to the riding) to keep the metabolism up.

Why have I only lost 2lb?? I feel good, I'm not hungry, ketostix going pink, all the usual stuff.

I have a further stone to lose so hope it's not going to be this slow?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Miss Demeanour

Miss Demeanour I.P. Freely

Start Weight:
    132.1kg
    Current Weight:
    132.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    one off the interweb...
    Heya,

If you look at a lot of people's stats, then it is quite usual to have a 'slow' week 2. I assume it's the body re-grouping over the shock of week one. However you can rest assured that week 2's losses with be all body mass, rather than the week 1's last meal/glycogen/masses of water/anything spare/then fat.

It's all good, hang in there :)

4. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.44%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Everyone stalls on the second week, it just happens and I think it's your body just catching up with the dramatic losses in the first week. You should go back to losing 4lbs a week in week 3 tho.

5. tink1982

tink1982 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I hope so!!! Last time, I recall the final stone being so incredibly slow, which I know is because I had so much less to lose than when I started!!

Here's to a better week 3. I am vowing not to weigh myself now until next Tuesday so hopefully there will be a pleasant surprise!!

6. blubbermonkey

blubbermonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    A slow second week here too, I lost just a pound. Next week will be much better, stay focussed :)

7. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Don't forget on your small loss weeks to compare it against something, that always helps me, ie if I lose a pound then all week I imagine two blocks of butter, all that fat I've lost :D

8. Bikbee vikki

Bikbee vikki Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm in my 2nd week and have nibbled which I know I will be kicking myself for but only had chicken or ham no carbs or chocolate even when tempted by my partner who happily munched his way through a huge box of Lindor next to me! I have hopped on the scales most mornings and got off again with a "what??!! Nothing!" But know from experience that week 2 is a bit of a let down! I can tell that I have lost inches and friends have noticed which is a fantastic boost! So here is to a great 100% week 3 my weigh is is Monday so even if it's a 1lb off it's better than being a 1lb on! Good luck to everyone! Will get round to doing my stats and vumping up my profile soon!

9. fayfe

fayfe Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    Bikbee vikki - chicken and ham shouldn't do that much damage, onwards and downwards :)

10. surfybeachbabe

surfybeachbabe Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(12.21%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've had exactly the same issue this week 2 and I've lost 2lb and seems so annoying after the week one big loss. I will be keeping everything crossed that it drops a bit more for both of us next week :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.