Star week

This week was my * week and I still lost. But, it is the first * week for me since joining so I have no idea how it will work out long term.

Good luck though.

I never loss on star week (well the week before) I can put on upto 5lbs. I would not worry about it if you have cravings stick to green days they have helped me in the past keep me fuller for longer :) Also drink plenty of fluids. Oh if you do put on weight I would ignore the scales as the following week it always drops right back down!

* week just about always effects me, but it tends to show the week before!! If I've been 100% on plan, sometimes I lose 1/2lb when I think I deserved more but I've also STS and sometimes gained up to 1.5 lb! Then I usually have a big 3-4lb loss either the following week or the week after that!X

Week one for me was my star week and I lost 5lbs but think that was just because it was my first week.I'll have to see what happens next time but by the sounds of it it varies massively from person to person how much of an effect it has x

I've just got back from my first * week weigh in and I gained 1/2lb. Not too worried though. I've stuck to plan almost 100% (had a choc ice cream that I couldn't syn) so I'm just putting the gain down to mother nature being a b&tch lol x

For me it depends where WI lies in relation to * week. If my * week is just coming about, it's very likely I'll gain or STS. If it's my WI and it's at the end of my * week, there's a better chance of the scales showing a loss.

i dont know if it affects how much i lose but so far since i've been doing it i've had a loss every star week.

Phew... I Gained 1lb this week and I followed the plan 100%, I was beating myself up about it until I realised, this is my 4th week on SW and therefore its * week isn't it...

Although I feel deflated (Emotionally, cause physically I feel bloated!!) I'm going to continue staying on plan and following it all. Fingers crossed for a good weight loss next week! :)

Phew... I Gained 1lb this week and I followed the plan 100%, I was beating myself up about it until I realised, this is my 4th week on SW and therefore its * week isn't it...

Although I feel deflated (Emotionally, cause physically I feel bloated!!) I'm going to continue staying on plan and following it all. Fingers crossed for a good weight loss next week! :)

i could have written this myself.

hope you feel better soon Sapph.

I've had a Merina coil for the last 7 years which stopped my * weeks completely, as a result I don't keep track and have absolutely no idea where my cycle is at any given time! If I STS or gained and there's no other good reason why (i.e. I haven't stuffed my face with naughty food) I put it down to that and move onwards and upwards lol

It is all just water - you are not actually gaining weight. The body just retains water differently throughout the month. Just tell yourself that even if it doesn't show on the scales, if you stick to the plan, you will be losing fat.

An article I read said that your weight can vary up to 6lbs through water retention (whether that be due to your monthly cycle, exercising, or being dehydrated when your body actually stores more water).

I'm struggling with this at the moment. I recently went into the contraceptive injection and it's basically star week on and off constantly whilst my body gets used to it and the hormones settle down. I've had erratic weigh ins though, like a big loss and then the next week either a tiny loss or a tiny gain.

I'm just gonna have to power through and hope that if my efforts don't show one week, they will the week after!

Back