Star week?

Chelsea.X

I was in group two weeks ago (it was my first night) and everyone was talking about this "star week" and all of the other people who were there knew what he was talking about so i felt embarrassed to ask...
what is star week?

Its commonly used to describe either the week before a period starts, or the week of the period. It is called star week because they used to put a little star by your weight if it happened to be that week and you had a gain or a maintain - so you knew why.

Oh good, I'm so glad theres a reason for the name, I hated to think that it was called 'Star Week' because some women were too prissy to say 'PERIOD' in group, haha!

Its commonly used to describe either the week before a period starts, or the week of the period. It is called star week because they used to put a little star by your weight if it happened to be that week and you had a gain or a maintain - so you knew why.

thank you :) now i know.. don't see why it needs a special name :confused:

because some women were too prissy to say 'PERIOD' in group, haha!

:D That IS why.You have to remember, Weight Watchers started in 1963, and Slimming World in 1969. It wasnt the done thing to discuss these matters with people you didnt know very well. Or anyone at all, really.

People are funny about talking about certain natural stuff, just take a look at Big Brother and the whole masterbation situation.

I don't mind the word period but I've noticed that quite a lot of men dislike it lol. I refer now to TOTM or 'ladies week' and that STILL makes my father in law wince in horror. Sigh.

Back