Extra Easy Star week!!

Hi everybody :)

Just wondering if anyone else is like this or if I should maybe go to the doctors!!

Been on plan for 6 weeks now and have lost 1stone 9.5lbs, and in that 6 weeks I've had 3 star weeks?!?! I've never been regular but since starting slimming world I seem to be constantly on.. Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance :) x

I definitely wouldn't suggest not getting it checked out as you never know the reasons for it. Without getting too personal, if you're on birth control it could have something to do with it. I found that when I started SW and started losing weight regularly, I had about 3 star weeks in 2 months after almost a year of none, thanks to the BC I'm taking. It's calmed down a bit now but I'm finding that star weeks are cropping up here and there out of seemingly nowhere as I continue to lose weight.

I'm not worried about it as my nurse once told me that overweight people (me!) can have fewer star weeks than people at a 'normal' weight so it doesn't really surprise me that star weeks are more frequent as I'm losing weight.

That's just my experience though, deinitely not medical advice so do whatever feels right for you :)

I'd get it checked out, even if just to put your mind at ease. I've never had regular star weeks and now I've got an implant I haven't had one in nearly 2 years... But with losing 10.5lbs in 5 weeks I had the star week from hell last week!!!
I'm pretty sure my doctor would tell me mines all hormone related (my weight and hormones seem to be the cause of everything I go to him about!) but if its worrying you then get checked out x

Yeah i'd go the doctors to get it checked out just incase. Weight loss does play havoc with periods though. I had 2 periods in 3 weeks when i first started SW... weird but i went to my doctor and was told all was ok and it was probably something to do with how my body was adjusting to weight loss. All has been ok since by body got used to the plan x

Back