Starbucks made me my coffee!!!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Yorkiegirl, 13 April 2007 Social URL.

1. Yorkiegirl

Yorkiegirl is happy being Yorkiegirl

Diet:
    CD
    They whizzed my vanilla pack with a black americano!

Yummmmmmmmm was so great to have a more exotic coffee than just a plain black americano! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Brilliant!!:D I'm glad that worked out. I know you have been missing your coffee. I am going to try it with Costa tomorrow- prefer Sbucks but meeting a friend there.
    Hurrah for lattes!
    Kx

4. Cheb

Cheb Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (SSing)
    That was good of them, I make mine like that at home but never dared ask while out maybe I'll be brave too......

5. Meneither

Meneither The Me Is Back.........

Start Weight:
    23st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Re Coffee
    As you may have seen im thinking of starting the cd in a few weeks, at the moment my main source of liquid intake is coffee, white and sweet or if i have no milk black and strong, i know i drink too much coffee and have tried cutting down in the past but always land up with major headaches and caffiene withdral shakes, any help and advice.

Me.

6. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Diet:
    intuitive eating
    That was very kind of Starbucks. It's great to see good customer service!!! :D

7. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan

I too was a real coffe drinker. My favourite tin g was to visit Cafe Nero, in my home town, who make THE VERY BEST coffee anywhere!!! But....... once I joined LL I decided that apart from the odd black americano or an espresso or two, I would try to go cold turkey !!! I had headaches, shakes etc, all abouut day 3-4.

However after that, that horrid feeling left as soon as it came. I felt fine, and still do! I do have the occasional black coffee, and if out will but one, but at home my drick of choice is now Clipper peppermint green tea. Thats a drink I never ever thought I would go for! It just shows how your tastes change on this plan.

Best of luck!

8. Cherry Plum

Cherry Plum One day at a time

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    lighter life
    Hi Meneither, I am a great coffee drinker, coffee is now the only vice I have, I gave up the fags, booze & now food!
    I now drink decaff coffee, I had to do it gradually by starting with one cup a day, then two & so on.
    I still got a small headache, but I feel so much better, I actually am able to fall asleep at a reasonable time & not 1 or 2 in the morning.
    Hope that helps.

Cherry

9. stacey

stacey i love minimins me :)

oooo glad to hear bout starbucks :) my mats often like to go out for coffee so least now i will have the guts to ask if they can make up my packs :)

xxx

10. Yorkiegirl

Diet:
    CD
    Meneither, I had an horrific diet coke habit before starting LL, I too had a huge headache the first few days but after that it was gone. I loved caramel machiatos at starbucks, but the calorie content means I can't afford to have them too often once I finish management. Once I am back having milk I am planning on going for a skinny latte with sweetner in.
    Good luck with giving up coffee, at least to the extent that you drink it!

11. tenney73

tenney73 Full Member

Diet:
    lighter life. In the past have tried everything from weightwatchers to rosemary conley
    That is fab that they did that. Which starbucks did you go to as I am from west yorkshire aswell:clap:

12. Cheb

Cheb Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (SSing)

I still drink loads of coffee:eek: I use tablet sweeteners but no milk. I often split a pack, whizz it up in the blender and pour it into a large half-filled mug of black coffee. I always have a glass of water alongside every coffee I drink.

13. Meneither

Meneither The Me Is Back.........

Start Weight:
    23st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well I have been very good today only had 3 coffee's and about 3 litres of water have a slight headache but going to keep to it as planing on starting cd in 10 days dont want double whammy withdrawl symptoms.

Thanks for all your advice.

Me

14. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Hi Me,

Your doing great with only 3 coffee's.:) Well done on drinking 3 litres of water. Your right to do the preparation before hand as it will make it much easier starting your cd journey.

I use to drink a lot of coffee and the way I got off it was to reduce my intake gradually to avoid the headaches and jitters:p

I mostly drink tea now and for a treat I have the occassional coffee.

Love Mini xxx

15. Yorkiegirl

Diet:
    CD
    it was the one inside Borders in Birstall, next to Ikea.

16. tenney73

tenney73 Full Member

Diet:
    lighter life. In the past have tried everything from weightwatchers to rosemary conley
    Oh wow! That's the one we always go to usually on a saturday morning before shopping at the retail park at the top.:)

17. Yorkiegirl

Diet:
    CD
    I only live on the other side of the M62 from there.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.