starbucks?

pinkstardust

I had a skinny vanilla latte this morning,anyone know the points for this? It was a grandem Also I had a mini mars bar,it just says 87 kcal,I'm not sure the points for this. Thanks!

As long as the vanilla syrup was sugar free I think it's 2.5 points.
Not sure about the mars bar though, sorry!

thanks so much!
next time im there ill ask if if the syrup is sugar free

thanks so much!
next time im there ill ask if if the syrup is sugar free

Starbucks do a couple of sugar free syrups - the hazlenut one is yummy, but I reckon if they're advertising it as a skinny vanilla latte they will probably be using the sugar free vanilla syrup. If not you can ask them for sugar free instead - sweet treat and less points - hurrah!

i have been ordering that drink for years so I am not even sure if it is advertised as a vanilla latte or a skinny vanilla latte, I dont even look at the menu!

i have been ordering that drink for years so I am not even sure if it is advertised as a vanilla latte or a skinny vanilla latte, I dont even look at the menu!

Oh ok I get it now - if you ask for a skinny one they make it with skimmed milk (less points obviously) and you can also ask for sugar free vanilla syrup. I make it 2.5 points for a skinny one :)

great thanks for that! I didnt even know starbucks had sugar free syrup (doh) next time I'll have to ask!

oooh, i love those skinny vanilla sugarfree latte's!! I have one every day after lunch, that keeps me going until dinner and I have a sweet treat without much calories :) LOVE IT!!

even though: I used to count a venti skinny as 2 points, as I would point 1 pint of skimmed milk, how come you all point a grande (which is 400ml i think) at 2.5? I do know that they use the skimmed milk, as I can see the red top on the milk :)

but now am confused on the points.. help?

oooh, i love those skinny vanilla sugarfree latte's!! I have one every day after lunch, that keeps me going until dinner and I have a sweet treat without much calories :) LOVE IT!!

even though: I used to count a venti skinny as 2 points, as I would point 1 pint of skimmed milk, how come you all point a grande (which is 400ml i think) at 2.5? I do know that they use the skimmed milk, as I can see the red top on the milk :)

but now am confused on the points.. help?

It's in the eating out guide....I think they tend to allow low points for skimmed milk in the generic points guide to encourage people to get enough calcium/balanced diet. But in the eating out guide it comes in at 2.5 points - I guess it's to discourage us from having too much?

It's a bit like '0 point' veggies - we know veggies have calories in but they're 0 points. But obviously if you ate to excess you still wouldn't lose weight, they just know that's unlikely as you'd have to eat an awful lot!

I was a bit shocked myself Meike, but following the guide....I guess 2.5 still isnt bad for summat sweet :)

Naa, it certainly isn't bad, and those 0.5 pts clearly won't kill me, as I have a lot anyway, but i just can't get their logic sometimes.. either their pointing system works or it doesn't.. If I calculate everything with the calculator and use those points then I'd like to think I can rely on that and don't have to allow more points just because it says that in the guide (which is an average of at least 3 different brands to be safe)..
And to be honest, I can't be bothered to carry all those guides with me all the time just to check if they differ, am happy enough with the calculator.. let's hope it won't let me down.. :)

Back