Stared at 26 stone and going down!! In need of some friends with lots to lose.

Razzle Dazzle

Hi everyone, i started my weight loss 2 weeks ago and so far have lost 10.5 lbs :D. I started at exactly 26 stone and with having so much to lose i would love to have some friends in a similar situation who also have a lot to lose. I am following the Weight Watchers old Discover plan as it has worked for me before, but i gave up and gained back what i had lost. x

Hi, I'm Lea x

I'm around 26st 6lb ,

I've just started slimming word and Orlistat , I'm looking for some weightless buddies around the same weight xxxxx

Welcome to the forums both of you. there are lots of fab people about for support and general chit chat so you've come to the right place. good luck with your plans :) xx

Hi Lea, how are you getting on with SW? I tried it twice before and didn't lose anything both times, i don't think i was eating enough (i was scared to eat incase i ate too much) but yet the consultant told me to cut out the bananas and i had only had 3 kids sized ones in the whole week. She wasn't very helpful atall. x

hi razzledazzle

how are you going on the weight lost journey love x x

Hi Chezz, i have lost 10.5lbs in 2 weeks so i am very happy with that! The last time i tried losing weight it took me 6 weeks to lose 11lbs, it was Scottish Slimmers i tried then. How are you getting on? x

Hi Chezz, i have lost 10.5lbs in 2 weeks so i am very happy with that! The last time i tried losing weight it took me 6 weeks to lose 11lbs, it was Scottish Slimmers i tried then. How are you getting on? x
Welcome and omg 10.5lbs in 2 weeks! Chuck some of that weight loss over here please that's amazing. Half of that and I would be happy. Brilliant.

Welcome and omg 10.5lbs in 2 weeks! Chuck some of that weight loss over here please that's amazing. Half of that and I would be happy. Brilliant.

Wow Marie, you have done amazingly. Can you give me some info on what plan you have been following. x

Wow Marie, you have done amazingly. Can you give me some info on what plan you have been following. x
I have not been on any particular plan, most of them like Cambridge I can not do for health reasons. Basically eating a calorie controlled diet and keeping an eye on the sort of calories I have been eating. I don't restrict carbs too much but I do try and eat the right kind of carbs like wholeweat v white for example.

And I try not to eat too much fat which is easier for me as I don't eat meat. It is a lifestyle change as I lost half of this amount before on a fad diet but as soon as I stopped it went back on so I have to make sure what I am on now I can stick too realistically long term.
And I very rarely drink, I used to enjoy alcohol but I simply don't lose weight when I drink. Not that you need any advice you seem to be doing really well. Something that did help especially in the beginning was mini goals instead of end result. So each time I entered a stone bracket or getting my bmi to under 45, then 40, 30 etc. That really helped me stay motivated.
WW I think is a good one as I recall there is a lot of freedom and you make your own ideas as long as you stay under you allotted points? It defiantly seems to work for you!
Like to point out this was one long post but for some reason it cut it into 2 and wont let me edit the first one.

Also My fitness Pal is brilliant. You enter your weight and height. And then can add all the foods you have each day. It has a huge database and it calculates it for you anything from processed ready meals, to cheeses to take aways etc. It also has a recommendation of the calories you should consume that day as well as other facts like carbs, fat etc. Also takes into account any exercise you did and lifestyle.

Last edited:
Would you recommend my fitness pal to people doing Sw etc or is it a different sort of system because I know Sw u don't count calories etc ? Xxxxx

my fitness pal i would say id for the calorie counter but anyone can join and there is groups you can join on there xx

Can I join you lot here I started 2 weeks ago at 28.2 im doing sw x

welcome hun with the nice weather it might be quiet on here but there great and will help you xxxxxx

Back