Starshine's journey!

Well done for sticking to cold shakes. I'd have caved in I think! Mind you I could make hot stuff at work. Think we've got a wee camping stove in the garage somewhere...

Well done chick! Can I ask what height u are? I'm 5ft 1 and would like to get to 9st - 9st 7! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Hi Starshine. Hope your weekend is going well. x

So sorry you've had all that stress :(

....but what amazing willpower to stick to the diet through all that :D

Hope the power stays on - and stay safe and warm :)

Thank you Darcy, I have to say it's been a challenging week but looking forward to my WI next week :)

I hope you are having a great day and the weather is better for you.

So...this was our third day without power. Sorry I haven't updated, but I haven't bailed out. We have had no home phone, no power, nothing! We live rurally and after I met my friend, came home and the wind was hideous, couldn't get down the lane as trees had fallen across it and had to get the farmer to come and chainsaw them down. That was Wednesday and it hasn't let up till now, the power has been back for the past half and hour so fingers crossed it stays. The devastation has been terrible and the wind has picked up again. We were on red alert and if the power hadnt come back this evening the power company said they would send us to a hotel. Terrible for so many people at the moment so be safe everyone!
I have to say the past few days have been tough but I have stuck to it 100% It has been so cold and I could have eaten a chair leg but have resisted and happy to say all the chairs still have all four legs! Last night I think I was hallucinating about food, but in reality knew if I could just have a hot drink i would be ok. Drinking shakes and cold water when the house is as cold as it is outside in no fun!!
I am truly looking forward to my hot turkey Exante dinner tonight!!
Thank you Darcy, Susie, TH, CS Giggle xx
Well done on your 6lb too CS that's brilliant xx
I want to get to 9.7lbs TH, but to be honest if I could get to 9st that would be great and then re-evaluate it. Then strict maintenance. I actually struggle to get much lower than 9.7lbs or have in the past unless I am more or less on a permanent diet so I shall see. This week put me into ideal weight range but its the top end so want to
get nearer the middle.
Hope you are all safe, and had great weigh ins. it may take me a while to get back up to speed xx

OOh only just see this.

Sounds like the storms have hit you badly. Where about's are you Starshine. Here I am moaning about a couple of blown in fence panels.

Hope your power is holding up ok. Well done on sticking to the diet, especially with everything that happening to you all x

OOh only just see this.

Sounds like the storms have hit you badly. Where about's are you Starshine. Here I am moaning about a couple of blown in fence panels.

Hope your power is holding up ok. Well done on sticking to the diet, especially with everything that happening to you all x

Thank you Susie, it has been challenging for sure!

I am in Cheshire, rural it hit us hard but there are so many other people far worse off, its been dismal, I am really appreciating my hot peppermint tea today!
I hope you are having a great day xx

Cheshire, I used to go out with a merchant sailor from Cheshire !!!

Never been there though, bet its beautiful when the weather isn't like it is at present. x

Well done on your weight loss Starshine. Also glad you enjoyed your date. It must have been dreadful having no power. It's bad enough dieting without having to do it in the cold with no lights!

Well done on your weight loss Syarshine. You're doing so well hun, keep up the good work xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Starshine, hope you are having a good day x

Thank you everyone! Sorry i'm not very active at the moment but just getting back to 'normality' whatever that is after the power cuts and horrific wind. The river has burst its banks badly so hoping it doesn't creep up to the house!
I am excited about this weeks weigh in and started doing sit ups everyday now.
I do have a question tho, I have stuck to TS 100% and been in ketosis. when the power came back on I had two cups of boullion that day as a few day with no hot drink, food, heat etc I just needed something warm as you can imagine. Today I had a coke zero. I checked these were allowed and also drink peppermint and normal black tea. When I checked if I was in ketosis the stick is usually the darkest it can get so completely in ketosis but today it shows the other end of the spectrum. I just dont understand what could have knocked me out of ketosis so am worried now...any ideas why? if t is the lighter colour am I still in it? it could only be boullion or coke zero.

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend xxx

Well done for sticking to cold shakes. I'd have caved in I think! Mind you I could make hot stuff at work. Think we've got a wee camping stove in the garage somewhere...

Well done chick! Can I ask what height u are? I'm 5ft 1 and would like to get to 9st - 9st 7! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Sorry TH I missed this. My Son has a camping stove somewhere but he was away and no idea where it was.
I am 5ft 5in I would love to get to 8st13lbs but if I can get to 9st7 then I will see how I feel, then will decide. I will be delighted just to get in the 9's to be honest!
Hope you had a great day xx

Not sure what would have knocked you out of ketosis. Couldn't be the bouillon as that's only got 1-2g carbs in it. Coke zero, although everyone swears by then.

Maybe it was just a fluke. On my ketostix, the palest pink means nil ketones detected. When I'm 100% TS I only ever get up to the middle range. Never the darkest end if the scale. Don't worry about it. Just keep going :) x

Ketostix can be quite unreliable sometimes hun. Did you do it first wee in the morning, as that can make a difference? I've had bouillon and coke zero and it's not made any difference to how I felt or my weight loss. Maybe go by how you feel rather than the stix xx

I never use the stix, just go by my weight loss & how my clothes feel. Don't worry about them x

How are you doing Starshine?x

Hi Starshine, hope your day is going well x

Back