Start of week 2 & struggling!

Millybow

Aaaaargh! It's the start of week 2 today, am still doing 100% but OMG have I found it hard today, don't know why but my cravings went through the roof tonight have managed to get through them with water water and more water but think I might have to AAM if I'm like this again tomorrow or I might eat my own arm! The encouraging thing is that I have lost 10lb in my first week so maybe my body is just trying to rebel?

Finally caved and had a little rocket & herb salad in a bowl with some tuna & pickled beetroot slices, it was divine and has totally satiated my cravings, I'll definitely have it again the next time I struggle like that cos it totally did the trick :)

Is it your TOTM? I'm definitely hungry-for-no-reason when my hormones are doing their things (as well as retaining huge amounts of water) so it may be reasons other than body rebellion that are causing you cravings right now.

Either way, you've handled it sensibly, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Try to avoid talking about food in this part of the forum though - people come here to find distraction from the damn stuff when it's calling their name from the fridge!

I get like that now and again Hun you done well I try to just plough through and normally feel ok next day but they do sneak up on you xx

Aaaaargh! It's the start of week 2 today, am still doing 100% but OMG have I found it hard today, don't know why but my cravings went through the roof tonight have managed to get through them with water water and more water but think I might have to AAM if I'm like this again tomorrow or I might eat my own arm! The encouraging thing is that I have lost 10lb in my first week so maybe my body is just trying to rebel?

OMG I could have written that too!!! I weighed in on Friday and by Friday night I could have eaten a scabby horse! Week 1 was soooo good and I was disciplined.

My thoughts on this: Every 'diet' I have done in the past I have treated my WI day as a treat day so I'd go to class and on the way home pick up a take-away or cake whatever I felt was a good treat for that week, hence it never worked!! lol
In my head it was weigh-day even though I know I'm in ketosis and not hungry didn't stop the cravings. I had a few slices of wafer thin ham and a babybel light which kept me in ketosis. Still felt guilty tho.

Ali xx

I am hungry even when it ketosis anyway but I try to remind myself that I am the only one shoving food into my gob!!! Today I told my hungry belly off for annoying me so much...naughty belly..I shall NOT give in!!!

So nice to know it's not just me was starting to feel like a total failure even though I didn't come off it Lol, have had a Bovril tonight and it's taken the edge off nicely x

dont be hard on urself huni, its not like u went silly and had a takeaway u handled it sensibily. therefore u will still loose this next week. jus treating like u say as an emergency when u need it xxx

When you are using Mini Mins from your phone as i am it says nothing about not mentioning food in the TS section (but it shows this from a normal computer which i found out today) so apologies if my thread has upset anyone it wasn't intentional I genuinely didn't know, and before anyone says "it's only common sense" well it's not, I'm new to all this so sorry again for upsetting anyone and I'll keep any threads strictly in the Exante diaries section from now on instead presuming the same rules don't apply there too as I can't see anything that says otherwise. Thanks for all the lovely supportive comments xx

Millybow said:
When you are using Mini Mins from your phone as i am it says nothing about not mentioning food in the TS section (but it shows this from a normal computer which i found out today) so apologies if my thread has upset anyone it wasn't intentional I genuinely didn't know, and before anyone says "it's only common sense" well it's not, I'm new to all this so sorry again for upsetting anyone and I'll keep any threads strictly in the Exante diaries section from now on instead presuming the same rules don't apply there too as I can't see anything that says otherwise. Thanks for all the lovely supportive comments xx

Hey Milly
Don't worry we've all done it when we're new all the other sections ie the main exante forum and diary section etc etc are fine only the TS section you gave to worry about.
You aren't the first to make this mistake and you certainly won't be the last x
Hope the diet's going well x

When you are using Mini Mins from your phone as i am it says nothing about not mentioning food in the TS section (but it shows this from a normal computer which i found out today) so apologies if my thread has upset anyone

Don't be silly - it's an easy enough mistake to make, especially if the phone app doesn't actually give you fair warning! I don't imagine that anyone was actually upset by your comments, and if they were they have far bigger problems in life than Minimins will ever be able to help with.

Back