Start today

fattifi

Hi, I'm Fi,

I have started s and s today. I have done similar things before but always gained the weight back. A girl at work mentioned slim and save and I have made an order and started today. Though didn't get off to a great start as I had an oatmeal and raisin cookie for breakfast. Oops. So far had a strawberry shake and it was ok. Having stirfry tonight I think.

I'm hoping to lose about 2 stone, and get back into my wardrobe full of small clothes!

Hi Fi,

Welcome! :) I'm new to slim and save too, been on it a week today. Try the crispy chocolate shake, it so reminded me of the milk left over at the bottom of the bowl when you finish your coco pops (if you like and eat those). :)

Enjoy it, there's some good food in it and having the 4 serves a day plus veg helps a lot to stick to the plan :)

Hope your 1st day went well :) Well done for taking the plunge. I have just restarted after a recent op. I half did it yesterday but today has been better. Hope you enjoy the packs you pick :)

Hope you will make the desired results. Do you want to look good in a bikini? Summer's in pulse around us, trying up.:character00180:

Had a macaroni cheese for lunch which my work colleague gave me from her old stash, it was yummy! Anyone know if the cheesy pasta is as nice? I didn't get one in my starter pack.

I'm quite hungry now and could have another pack but I am trying to hold off as I know I will get hungry tonight and own't be able to resist eating more rubbish that my boyfriend will inevitably bring home.

I started yesterday, I'm soooo hungry right now but I'm trying to resist so I have something to eat later on too, as last night I was so hungry it woke me up in the night a few times!

Glad you liked the strawberry shake, I'm not having much luck with mine. I ordered lots of strawberry because I've always liked strawbery protien shakes before but this one is so sweet I can't stand it!

Good luck girls! I'm also on day 1. X:)

The mac cheese was yummy!!!!! The cheesy pasta tastes very much like cheddar to me! There's hardly any pasta in it but lots of sauce to make sure you have some of your veg allowance with it!!!! The mac cheese was nicer (in my opinion). :)

Hi, Fi. I started on Monday. I think there are quite a few of us who started this week. I'm just hanging in there for the weekend, when I hope I'll be in ketosis. Good luck!

Well, epic fail yesterday. Did really well until the bf got home. He hates his job at the moment and had stopped off to buy loads of c**p to eat, donuts, apple turnover, croissants, sweets. You name it, he brought it home with him :mad: then we had curry. Normally he is really supportive, his job is just really gettign to him at the moment and he can't leave until Christmas. Out for dinner with my mum tonight so will start a fresh tomorrow- I have asked him to eat all his rubbish in the car beofr ehe g-comes home, which should help.

Hope you guys are doing better than me!

I started yesterday, I'm soooo hungry right now but I'm trying to resist so I have something to eat later on too, as last night I was so hungry it woke me up in the night a few times!

Glad you liked the strawberry shake, I'm not having much luck with mine. I ordered lots of strawberry because I've always liked strawbery protien shakes before but this one is so sweet I can't stand it!

So far just had the strawberry, but I only got two with my pack, I just hope I like the others. I added about 250ml of water but it was too thick so I made it up to 500ml, it was much easier to drink then.

Back on it today after my false start. Feeling so motivated. I went shopping yesterday, I have a hen do this weekend and I wanted something to wear as nothing fits me (I have put weight on really quickly). I don't shift dress sizes easily, even at my slimest I'm a 12 which most people are surprised at, but I tried on a whole heap of 14s and couldn't get them near me. I didn't dare try any other sizes and walked out the shop feeling humiliated. It was just the push I needed. Shopping was also partially prompted by me spliiting (YES RIPPING COZ I'VE PUT ON SO MUCH WEIGHT!) the only pair of jeans that currently fitted :(.

So day one. So far I have had a glass of water and a green tea. I have brought several packs to work so I have choice and so I can leave some here, incase I forget some.

You and me too Fattifi.... new start today :eek:

I was doing really well until I made my kids packed lunches at about midnight last night. Then it all unraveled in the space of 10 minutes.... lots of cake bars and cheese.... crazy... after being on plan all day too!!!

I think I did it because I was super tired and my resistance muscle was asleep already!!! Lesson learnt...get those packed lunches sorted earlier when I've still got the energy to fight back so I don't give in!!

I have a hubby and 2 kids so I know what its like to have people around who are constantly eating .... and often it's stuff I want. I've found in the past, once I get a week under my belt of doing well, the hunger/desire for food (of any type) wears off and it becomes so much easier to resist :D

So can I rejoin you on day one today? I've had a caramel shake this morning..... very yummy... wish I'd ordered more of those ones!!!

You and me too Fattifi.... new start today :eek:

I was doing really well until I made my kids packed lunches at about midnight last night. Then it all unraveled in the space of 10 minutes.... lots of cake bars and cheese.... crazy... after being on plan all day too!!!

I think I did it because I was super tired and my resistance muscle was asleep already!!! Lesson learnt...get those packed lunches sorted earlier when I've still got the energy to fight back so I don't give in!!

I have a hubby and 2 kids so I know what its like to have people around who are constantly eating .... and often it's stuff I want. I've found in the past, once I get a week under my belt of doing well, the hunger/desire for food (of any type) wears off and it becomes so much easier to resist :D

So can I rejoin you on day one today? I've had a caramel shake this morning..... very yummy... wish I'd ordered more of those ones!!!

Yeah we can motivate each other! The boyfriend is dreadful at tempting me! Even though he knows how unhappy I am when I'm this big. I don't know why he does it- I was really slim when I met him- a size 10, and thought I was fat then!

Had a strawberry shake at 11am, wish I had more, they are pallatable, I'm dreading trying others in case they are not nice, though most people seem to like them all.

I like the strawberry ones too, especially as a mousse. When you put your order in you can order extras such as gelatin to make mousses or ice cream (tho I've never tried that) and water flavouring which I find really helps me up my water intake. I like most but not all of the shakes and bars, I don't like any of the soups and I'm so-so with the meals. I tend to stick with 3 shakes and a bar or 2 shakes, a bar and a low carb meal once I get going. You just have to go with what works for you. Though I do like the original oatmeal quite a lot....so I have that a few times a week.

It's strange how we always think we are fat, then when we look back we realise we were fine after all!! For me I always thought I was big at a size 12-14 (my body seemed quite happy at that size)but I was always critical of myself. I really think getting my head/thoughts sorted is whats going to make the difference about how I see myself even after I've lost the weight.

So far today caramel shake, chicken and mushroom stirfry with zero noodles and green salad, milk choc truffa bar xx

I like the strawberry ones too, especially as a mousse. When you put your order in you can order extras such as gelatin to make mousses or ice cream (tho I've never tried that) and water flavouring which I find really helps me up my water intake. I like most but not all of the shakes and bars, I don't like any of the soups and I'm so-so with the meals. I tend to stick with 3 shakes and a bar or 2 shakes, a bar and a low carb meal once I get going. You just have to go with what works for you. Though I do like the original oatmeal quite a lot....so I have that a few times a week.

It's strange how we always think we are fat, then when we look back we realise we were fine after all!! For me I always thought I was big at a size 12-14 (my body seemed quite happy at that size)but I was always critical of myself. I really think getting my head/thoughts sorted is whats going to make the difference about how I see myself even after I've lost the weight.

So far today caramel shake, chicken and mushroom stirfry with zero noodles and green salad, milk choc truffa bar xx

Mousse sounds like a great idea! I haven't got any of the oatmeal in my starter pack, will look into ordering them. I fine with my water intake- I usually only drink water, tea and coffee and drink several pints of water normally so I don't think that'll be a problem.

I've had the strawberry shake and meant to have another pack at lunch but didn't get time so when I got home I had a mushroom pasta pack with 50g of lean bacon and 25g of mushrooms and 25g of asparagus- it made an ok sauce, but can't say I'm in love with it- a bit salty. I would eat it again though.

I'm off out to a book group tonight, and we always eat together but I have no idea what my friend is cooking so I'm taking a shake with me just in case- I'm sure she won't be offended. If I can eat some of it I will, but if its spag bol or something I can't!

Ended up being fajitas last night, so I have the chicken and veg in fajita mix with salad- not strictly on plan but I put it into myfitness pal and I was under in cals and carbs so I don't think it's too bad.

Had a cheeky weigh this morning (I'm not a scale addict, honest!) and I have lost a kilo!

So far today I have had a cup of green tea, a pint of water and a banana shake- it was really nice!

Just had a cafe latte shake, really nice, think if I made it with ice it would be like a frappucino!

Not been so hungry today, which has been good. Can see my will power waneing though as I head towards tomorrow. MUST STAY STRONG! I am allowing myself tomorrow afternoon and eveing off for the hen do but that is it!

Back