start Tuesday!

gillybeans

want to be me again ...
hi everyone
well i feel so fat i am fit to burst and have made the step to go to slimming world on Tuesday morning !
I dont know anyone in this area as i have just moved here but hope to make some new friends at the meeting ..very nervous but also very excited ..been making shopping lists already and cant wait to start ..
I am diabetic and had hoped to try the cambridge diet but my doctor would not hear of it ..so recomended slimming world ....
Hope i can count on some support as a newby and making alot of new friends along the way
keep smiling
Gilly x

gillybean welcome and good luck for tuesday xxxx

kitty cat wow
you really lost so much in your first week????
hope i have half your luck and dedication ..keep it up girl !!
hugs
Gilly x

Welcome Gillybeans, you will get so much help and support from everyone here, they are really great people with lots of tips to share. I'm Diabetic too and this plan works so well for me. xxx Loobylou

Hi ya, welcome and good luck. You sound so motivated it's refreshing! It's a great diet and I'm sure you will see results quickly. Just post if you need any tips, advice or a kick up the bum! x

hello and welcome, i am only on my second week at slimming world, at least you seem to have an idea about it if you have your shopping list already done. i weigh in on a tuesday and it took till the thursday to start to get my head round the plan.
i lost 6 1/2 lbs my first week which really surprised me.

Hiya Gillybeans and welcome:welcome: This place is totally great with loads of support and advise. I have just started on SW as well, and prefer it to any other plan I've followed. Good luck for Tuesday, it will be a good way of getting to know people in the area as well :) Let us know how you get on. Px

Hello can i ask what diabetes type you have?? im diabetic aswell (type 1) and ive heard slimming world is the best (healthiest) weight loss plan a diabetic can do :D so good luck with it.

Good luck! You'll be fine :D xxxx

welcome to the forum, i was new to my area when i joined sw now its great to go and havea good natter with people, gets me out the house lol. stick at it its a great plan

Good luck!

There's loads of info in loads of places - the Slimming World website (you'll get the required password at your group) also has specific info for diabetics and I think I remember a woman in my group getting a specific leaflet from the consultant about her diabetes.

Also, this forum has loads of people who have been doing the plan successfully for ages and have lost lots of weight, so they are always handy when you have a question!

The diet seems a bit weird at first - free foods that are different on different days, two types of 'heathy extras' and a whole ream of syns that have different values. But don't be overwhelmed, it really is straightforward when you get used to it!

If you've any questions, just pop on here and ask - that's what I did! And it was very helpful!

Good luck!

Ste
x

joined the mad crowd !

hi everyone and thankyou all for a great welcome ..feels great to be here with peeps just like me !!! mad aswell i think !
well i made the big step and went for the first time to my group on tuesday and what a fantastic crowd they are ..i felt so welcome i joined and paid for 6 weeks to give a real good start. also on the same day i joined a fitness club and will be swimming and aqua aerobics 3 times a week ..I promise ..i was well motivated although shocked at my weight but hopefully thats as bad as it gets so rearing to go now !
So been cooking alot and eating far more than usual but feel so much better already ..just hope i got it right...will let you know how next week goes ..
keep smiling and love to everyone
Gilly xxx

Back