start Tuesday!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by gillybeans, 5 October 2008 Social URL.

1. gillybeans

gillybeans want to be me again ...

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lopotrim
    hi everyone
    well i feel so fat i am fit to burst and have made the step to go to slimming world on Tuesday morning !
    I dont know anyone in this area as i have just moved here but hope to make some new friends at the meeting ..very nervous but also very excited ..been making shopping lists already and cant wait to start ..
    I am diabetic and had hoped to try the cambridge diet but my doctor would not hear of it ..so recomended slimming world ....
    Hope i can count on some support as a newby and making alot of new friends along the way
    keep smiling
    Gilly x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. janie.com

janie.com Full Member

welcome to the site....................

4. kittykat

kittykat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Diet:
    exante
    gillybean welcome and good luck for tuesday xxxx

5. gillybeans

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lopotrim
    kitty cat wow
    you really lost so much in your first week????
    hope i have half your luck and dedication ..keep it up girl !!
    hugs
    Gilly x

6. loobylou

loobylou Reached Target. woohoo

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(33.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome Gillybeans, you will get so much help and support from everyone here, they are really great people with lots of tips to share. I'm Diabetic too and this plan works so well for me. xxx Loobylou

7. Edwin

Edwin Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi ya, welcome and good luck. You sound so motivated it's refreshing! It's a great diet and I'm sure you will see results quickly. Just post if you need any tips, advice or a kick up the bum! x

8. fatbunny

fatbunny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12lb(41.03%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world/
    hello and welcome, i am only on my second week at slimming world, at least you seem to have an idea about it if you have your shopping list already done. i weigh in on a tuesday and it took till the thursday to start to get my head round the plan.
    i lost 6 1/2 lbs my first week which really surprised me.

9. Piglet

Piglet Is so doing it this time

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    Hiya Gillybeans and welcome:welcome: This place is totally great with loads of support and advise. I have just started on SW as well, and prefer it to any other plan I've followed. Good luck for Tuesday, it will be a good way of getting to know people in the area as well :) Let us know how you get on. Px

10. Charisma

Charisma Silver Member

Hello can i ask what diabetes type you have?? im diabetic aswell (type 1) and ive heard slimming world is the best (healthiest) weight loss plan a diabetic can do :D so good luck with it.

11. Beki

Beki Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck! You'll be fine :D xxxx

12. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    welcome to the forum, i was new to my area when i joined sw now its great to go and havea good natter with people, gets me out the house lol. stick at it its a great plan

13. northernboi

northernboi Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(23.14%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck!

There's loads of info in loads of places - the Slimming World website (you'll get the required password at your group) also has specific info for diabetics and I think I remember a woman in my group getting a specific leaflet from the consultant about her diabetes.

Also, this forum has loads of people who have been doing the plan successfully for ages and have lost lots of weight, so they are always handy when you have a question!

The diet seems a bit weird at first - free foods that are different on different days, two types of 'heathy extras' and a whole ream of syns that have different values. But don't be overwhelmed, it really is straightforward when you get used to it!

If you've any questions, just pop on here and ask - that's what I did! And it was very helpful!

Good luck!

Ste
    x

14. Anna*

Anna* Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Goodluck! You'll soon be on your way to the new you! Hope you enjoy your meeting tomorrow. :) x x x

15. gillybeans

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lopotrim
    joined the mad crowd !

hi everyone and thankyou all for a great welcome ..feels great to be here with peeps just like me !!! mad aswell i think !
    well i made the big step and went for the first time to my group on tuesday and what a fantastic crowd they are ..i felt so welcome i joined and paid for 6 weeks to give a real good start. also on the same day i joined a fitness club and will be swimming and aqua aerobics 3 times a week ..I promise ..i was well motivated although shocked at my weight but hopefully thats as bad as it gets so rearing to go now !
    So been cooking alot and eating far more than usual but feel so much better already ..just hope i got it right...will let you know how next week goes ..
    keep smiling and love to everyone
    Gilly xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.