started 4 months ago today...

daisydoll

Gold Member
just having a bit of a think about things...

So, ive lost 3.5 stone, which is amazing -

but... i do feel a bit miffed when i compare it to what other people have lost in the same time - and i thought it was supposed to be a stone a month - so i'm in fact 'behind' by half a stone.

I'm really pleased to be in size 10/12 - and yes, i have just got into the healthy range but I know I need to probably lose another stone plus a few extra pounds to be slim - I still have rolls round my middle and chunky legs.

i'm not looking to be stick thin at all, but while absteining it seems daft to think about going onto RTM yet as I don't want to have to diet after to lose the last stone.

I had originally planned to stay in developers 4 weeks and lose about a stone - however i'm plodding along at 2lbs a week so its taking longer than i thought.

I have got several events coming up - seeing oasis/weekend in manchester, friends 40th weekend in Brighton, Glastonbury festival...

i was really hoping to be into RTM by then so i could eat/drink a little at least at these things - but have just been working it out and i'm possibly only going to be in week 1 or 2 for the first two events and by glasto i won't be drinking.

now i know in the big scheme of things its only a few days and i will be able to cope not eating/drinking - but i don't know if i want to cope!

I have been to many parties/meals etc while doing LL and enjoyed absteining... but think i have had enough?

Just feel fed up as this last bit seems to be going slower and i'm getting impatient i guess.

sorry for all that moaning...i don't know whats come over me tonight, i'm usually a very positive person - when i read this tomorrow i will be full of good advice for myself! it's helped writing it down tho

daisy x

Daisy, Its good to see you can be objective about your total weight loss,which is fantastic,even if it has slowed down recently.You are also probably lighter than others who may have had greater losses ,so try not to compare yourself to them.
Do you really need to lose another stone to be happy with your acheivements?Is there a possibility you could review this figure in order to start RTM when you wanted.I believe people expect to lose in the first 2 weeks RTM anyway,so its worth bearing that in mind.
I know what you mean regarding social events,but I think you've made that decision by the sound of it.Ultimately its your choice :).Good luck whatever you decide and keep the funnies going xx

hi
i am proud of what i have achieved (but terrified of putting it back on.)
i look fine in my clothes now (not without them tho!)

people are complimenting me, which i suppose is nice, but i don't take them well.

the b**ch at work is putting doubts in my mind with comments like ' oh you are looking ill' etc which is a load of tosh i know but ...

oh.... i must be hormonal

think i will go to bed, feel better in the morning i'm sure!
daisy x

i look loads better, i know...why can't i be satisfied with it?

Don't know if I've missed you or not.You know you are healthy and looking great.You just need to start believing in yourself a wee bit more.Look what you've acheived in a very short time scale :DIt seems to quite common to be terrified at your stage,but thats only natural.I think you are thinking and planning ahead,which will stand you in good stead.You will not fail at this.I have every confidence in you- just be nice to yourself You are not perfect (as evidenced by your high bail fees ;);)),but who is?Certainly not your work colleague !xx

Hi Daisy

ITs tough when uyou are so close to the end.
But DON'T give up now, or stop now, or start playing with the diet. Please!!! If yo have to miss out on food on a few more social events - is that realllllly so bad??
I think it would be very risky to have a planned break, if that is what you are thinging, and then go back for the final few pounds. I just know that has been the ruination for so many. And it would be so easy when so close to goal to just say "Oh well...." and then you will be full of regret.

It does slow down at the end. But the goal is still as important isn;t it? So stick to it hon.....bolster that courage and resolve for the final few yards, and cross that finish lijne with your head held high, appreciating how much importance you have placed on yourself, your health and happiness.

You CAN do this. It won't be the end of the world if you are not in RTM byt these events....promise. It will be SO worthi it if you stick it out.

Go for it!!! We're all behind you. And its nearly over. :)

thanks guys
i think its my head playing games with me definately!

its easy to see why people do go off plan near the end as although i'm not actually tempted by food it does flash through my mind that one naughty day wouldn't put back 3.5 stone.

but, i know from others on here its just not worth it! - and i'm really grateful for that knowledge otherwise i probably would (as in previous diets)

If i had not got my brighton weekend and glastonbury (which will be 4 days) i probably wouldn't be feeling as bad as my original plan had got me eating/drinking by then. I will cope ok, i know - it will just be annoying.

There is the other thing tho of the downsides to being on a VLCD for so long. i originally thought i would do my 100 days then start RTM. My husband has been v supportive as have a couple of friends who i let know from the start.

However, i'm now a month past the end of foundation and looking at another month of abstenance - they are starting to ask questions, as am i , to whether this is a good thing or not health wise.
I justified it to myself and them up til last week as I was trying to get to a healthy BMI, but now i'm there I feel i need another 'excuse' to continue.

as im writing this i can hear stuff we talked about in group about wanting to please others and feeling guilty etc

i think its cos i'm hearing what i would be saying to a friend if they were in my position.... you have lost loads, you look better, you are healthy bmi, it can't be good to be on LL for so long, you should be eating fruit and veg etc etc

also maybe its because we didn't have a meeting this week as it was bank holiday - didn't realise how much i needed the group session perhaps?
daisy x

Hi Daisy - glad you feel better.

Hon, I abstained for over 250 days, and lost 50% of my body....and I have never felt better in my life. If those things are not a shock to the body, and I feel better then ever, a little longer then 100 days will be perfectly fine.

:) Hope that helps.

I too ran about a month and a half or two months over what i expected....but so worth it.

XX

May I also point out to those who are reading this and may be not familiar with Daisy, she may be 'only' 133 pounds but she is also 'only' 5 ft 1 (It is 1 isn't is Daisy??) inch. I think the height weight ratio is sooooo important to take into account!

Sorry Daisy.

Anyway, glad you're a little better today! It is tiring after this amount of time but you are still a loser at least! I've gone over to LLL and, to be perfectly honest I am so NOT enjoying it. I know it's because I am still quite a bit away from goal and I am now starting to not look forward to this holiday because of it! I am going to stick to my original plan though which did take all this into account and I know I'm prolonging the agony by coming back to it at a later date but that's my goal schedule.

You are so near the finish line and that is probably why you are slowing down, we can't lose forever (unless your name is Sean but that's a different matter).

Big hugs and hang in there!!

yes it is 5 1" - tho someone said i look taller yesterday so maybe it could be 1.5"!

If i was 5 4" i would be well into the healthy range by now :-(

I'm 9.7 stone which at my height is def not slim - perhaps i need to be stretched, anyone got a rack handy?!

daisy x

Hi Daisy,
I know how you feel - towards the end I was only losing 1.9 lbs a week, note how important the decimal point is. I had calculated I would be on about week 9 of RTM by Christmas, was I shocked when it became apparent I would be nowhere near. When it came to it I think I was on about week 3.
But reading about what other people have written on here over the months, I think everyone gets fed up near the end, for whatever reason, boredom, chatterbox, worried friends - but those that think they will do RTM then come back and lose 1/2 a stone or a stone never seem to make it back, so hang on in there until you get to your target weight. Everyone says it is easier first time around,(I heard it referred to as the Golden Time), don't put yourself through it again, you're doing so well.
I'm little as well - 5 ft 2-1/2 so that might be it, the little ones take longer, plus the less you weigh the fewer calories you burn on everyday movement, walking, climbing stairs etc. all these things use less calories than if you were 3 -1/2 stone heavier.
I always thought that it was because I never found time to exercise, perhaps you could try that. Don't know what you do at the moment, but I never got around to doing any; try exercise first thing in the morning reckons to make you burn calories for a few hours after you stop exercising. Might speed it up a little for you, fingers crossed.
Stick with it, you've done so well so far.
xx

Dasiy, your post echo's so many of the things I've said/thought over the last couple of months!

If you want to lose more weight, then stick with it; coming off of it even for a planned lapse can be disastrous to your progress - just look at me! One bit of t*oast and it's taken me 3 months to get back on track!

You've done so well so far, and yes you are slimmer healthier and happier, but don't let that stop you from reaching your goal when it is so close :) (even at 2lbs a week that's only another month, going by your stats)

I have set myself a timeframe now and have a little over a month to go; c'mon, we can do this!! :D

Daisy - think about your original reasons for choosing your goal weight. I agree with everyone who says stay with it and get to goal first time. From all the evidence on here it is extremely difficult to get back to full abstinence once you step away from it, even if planned.

Anyway, a steady 2lb per week loss is very healthy :D.

Cheers guys!!
my original goal was 10stone 4 - so I have passed that by a good way.
I have set 8 13 as its the lowest i can remember being as an adult when i was at uni - as tbh i was still chubbier than my friends back then - so prob should be about 8 4.

however, 20years and 3 kids on i think 8 13 is prob more realistic to maintain!

you have made me think - and yes - i am going to get to goal even if it takes me a bit longer than hoped and sod what anyone else ( concerned genuinely or bit*chily (not sure that is a real word!) thinks.

I'm only doing this once.

I am going to get to MY goal

Head back on track! Thanks again - this board is fab!

Daisy x

As someone who is set to start this next week - 13th (foodpacks on 27th) it is great to come here and read all the support and motivation you give each other!

You are all doing so incredibly well and are a huge inspiration to others - well done all of you!

Kat

Back