Hello everyone

Well today I have started Atkins. For breakfast I have had:

- One egg
- One baby bel cheese
- Half an avocada
- Half a tomato
- About a heaped tablespoon of Hellmans mayo
- Coffe with cream and one canderel

Is this ok? I am worried about using Canderel though, but it is all i have in the house at the moment.

Also, I am actually a tea drinker, but I don't think I can face tea with cream. Do any of you drink tea with cream?

Oh and one more question... is cocoa allowed?

Hello and welcome aboard. ;)

Your breakfast sounds perfect.

I have canderel to (in tablet form) with my coffee or tea. I think in small quantities it's ok. There are many varied opinions on aspartame but I think it's up to the individual.

Also, you can try unsweetened soya milk in your hot drink. I have Kara which is a dairy free calcium enriched coconut milk and I love that. It's ridiculously low in carbs. Alternatively you can water down the cream and use it that way.

I haven't personally used cocoa yet but I'm planning on making chocolate mousse with unsweetened cocoa powder in the next week or so, just try to use the stuff with the least possible grams of carbs per 100ml as you can. Make sure you always read the labels on everything. And use in moderation.

I recommend you read some of the diaries on the forum. Alot of very insightful information on there.

Going luck and happy slimming.

Hi Poobe

Day 1 is off to a great start :)

As Tigger says, try unsweetened soya milk in your tea, it's what I have - took a little getting used to but now I wouldn't have anything else :)

Thanks for the replies. It is nice to know I am on the right track. I do not have the book, so am going off what I can find on the net, including the Atkins site itself.

For lunch i had one chicken breast, fried in high oleic oil, on a bed of watercress with Hellmans. And a coke light.

I have soooo much weight to lose, I really hope this helps me because on WW I get so hungry and land up stuffing myself due to sheer hunger, and no other eating plan appeals to me as I know i will land up equally starving on them too. So far today, what i have eaten has been plenty to sustain me and I have not felt hungry at all.

Hi there, welcome to Atkins.

Read the 'so you're thinking of starting atkins' post in the sticky section when you get the chance, but I really do recommend reading the book if you can.

I tried a bit of calorie counting a few months ago and was always starving - kept having to bump my calorie limit up. On Atkins, most days I eat on or under that old original calorie limit with no hunger at all.

What diet coke are you having? Zero is better than diet as it doesn't contain citric acid.

I use alpro light unsweetened soya milk in tea and lots of canderel (tablets not granulated). Cocoa - green and blacks and I think tesco are among the lowest carb. Use it minimally, not too often, and ideally not in the first two weeks. Also: stay away from Atkins bars!

Good luck!

Back