Step 1 Sole Source started Cambridge diet yesterday! has anybody got success stories for encouragement?

Hello people! I have started the Cambridge diet as of yesterday! So far not to bad! Headachy and keep getting tempted to give in! I'm going to keep strong thou! I have a lot to loose so I know it's going to be hard work! I'm currently in size 20 and hoping to be in a size 14! Is anybody else just starting? Or has anybody got any success stories? X

Thanks for reply! Yes it would be great to keep in contact! Some people have some amazing success! Just hope I can be one of them! Lol I'm OK in mornings, afternoons start to struggle but come evening I'm always starving so that's gonna be the hardest time for me! What about you? N also have u always been unhappy with ur weight, or is it a new thing? X

It's weird, I've never been happy but I'd accepted myself as the token "big girl". I was started on step 2, rather then step 1 cause my BMI was so high, and I didn't realise how big I got. I just assumed I wore it well and that I was healthy anyway.

I also can't imagine myself smaller either - which is a massive hurdle having years of getting bigger and bigger.

I'm taking each day as it comes and each weigh in as a small goal. Last weigh in I only lost 1lb, but I lost centimeters off my wait, hips and arms.

You'll get used to the diet in a few weeks, what made you want to loose weight? x

Iv always been big too! Well size 14, I can't imagine being smaller then that I do prefer a little bit of weight lol! When I met my husband in 2010 I was a size 14! But within months that creeped to a 16 and eventually an 18, I went back to a 16 for our wedding in 2012. I fell pregnant soon after and had my daughter in 2013. After two weeks I was back into 16's then almost without me realising I was up to size 20-22! I'm desperate to get back to being a size 14! X

Just wanted to say good luck. I'm at the end of my journey and now maintaining. If I can do it you can too. Just stick with it. The first week is hard but gets easier, by week 3 you'll be well into it.

Keep on here and ask as many questions as you like. You can also search on here if you have something specific you want to know. Distraction is key I found to start. I done so many puzzles and read loads.

Total loss - 3 stone 7lb :)

image-3447669537.jpg

Fast results, will keep you going, the picture is from a previous time on CD, I come back because I know it works, :)

Starting Monday! Will definitely be here to give and receive encouragement!

ETA - is it better to have SOME solid food when you're starting or just jump right into sole source? I'm hypoglycemic, so I wonder about including things like egg whites at first.

Starting Monday! Will definitely be here to give and receive encouragement! ETA - is it better to have SOME solid food when you're starting or just jump right into sole source? I'm hypoglycemic, so I wonder about including things like egg whites at first.

Morning :)
I cut back on carbs for a few days before I started. Not sure how you should do things with regards to your hypoglycaemic condition so check with your CDC. She will ask you a few health questions so it may come up within those.
Most of all good luck as it's a hard but very very worthwhile journey x x

Starting Monday! Will definitely be here to give and receive encouragement! ETA - is it better to have SOME solid food when you're starting or just jump right into sole source? I'm hypoglycemic, so I wonder about including things like egg whites at first.

Your cdc will guide you in what's best for you to do. You will have to test your blood sugar regularly to keep an eye on how Cambridge is affecting it. Don't worry though you'll be well looked after!

I'm on day 4 day and it does seem to be getting easier as the days go by! I'm still in a weird frame of mind thinking I'm doing well but then next fort is can I really do this for 12 weeks! Then I tell myself I have too! I literally can't stand the fort of starting another year unhappy with my body! I can and will do this! I'm really looking forward to the weight starting to drop off as that will be the biggest source of encouragement and strength! Apparently this diet is suppose to be OK for diabetics but I'd Def talk to consultant and gp and obviously ul monitor ur bm like crazy if ur bm's are normally low! Best of luck let us know how u get on! I love looking at people's before and after pics so thanks for ur support it REALLY helps! Hopefully be able to do that for someone one day!!! :)

Sole Source Week 1 Results for Me & the Hubster!

Hi wanted to share the news following week 1 sole source.
Me. Hubster
Lost 13lbs. 24lbs

So in first week amazing results, very pleased not only weight dropped dramatically but also our BMI's

Last edited:
Me. Hubster
Lost 13lbs. 24lbs

So in first week amazing results, very pleased not only weight dropped dramatically but also our BMI's

fantastic losses, well done :)

Me. Hubster
Lost 13lbs. 24lbs

Am I reading this correctly, your husband lost 24lb in one week? If so WOW!!!!! Your loss is amazing too, well done x

Back