Started on SF 2 weeks before Xmas...

May86

Hi everyone, I'm new here but wanted to make a thread because none of my family really think using SF to diet is a good idea. When I started I was 10st7lb - and at only 5'2" definately classed as overweight but because I can get away with size 12 clothes nobody believes that's what I weigh! I have a small frame though (tiny wrists, ribcage etc) and used to wear a size 6-8 so to me its a huge difference to be carrying around all this weight. (Baby weight, my youngest is 2 and a half now so I think its time for it to gooooo away).

So far I'm down to around 10st1lb which is brilliant for me in 10 days. I know people say you lose a lot at first because you lose a lot in water but I've been waiting for TOTM in that time and still seem to be retaining water (rings are all stuck on my fingers) so I think that some of it at least is real weight loss.

I am planning to carry on through xmas, no drinking booze, and only go off the diet for my xmas dinner.

People keep talking about the 1200 cals a day but when I add up the allowance it comes to 1360 (230 for shakes x2, 300 in 3 100cal snacks and 600 evening meal). Then I guess its more like 1400 if I'm having skimmed milk in my tea and coffee throughout the day. Is this right or do I need to try a bit harder for it to make a real difference?

To be honest with you what you are doing sounds fine. Also the losses will eventually fall to normal figures again. Not wanting to upset you or put you off though! (gotta be honest i wouldnt mind a months worth of water losses)

keep up the good work :)

Hi, how did you get on, you're braver than me! lol
Hope you had a lovely xmas no matter what.. ;)

Hi everyone, thanks for replying. I had a brilliant Christmas, had a few wobbly days where I calorie counted rather than doing 2 shakes but I'm currently weighing around 10st exactly, which puts me right on course to have lost 2lb per week since I started. Also, now school has started again walking my kids to school is giving me an extra hour or so of walking a day which should really help.

The hardest thing so far has been my OH's reaction. I'm not a massive drinker anyway, but when I've said no to wine over xmas he's been really sniffy about it. He just thinks EVERYTHING is a bad idea and all change is bad so I just have to ignore him.

Hi and well done! Losing over xmas must feel amazing! :D
Sorry you're not feeling fully supported by your OH. Strange how they react isn't it.. my hubby has got used to my ways over the years but I remember him grumbling about my not needing to lose weight years ago.. he knows now i WANT to lose weight and he know I know he loves me no matter my size.

Perhaps your hubby just needs a bit of time to get used to it or to realise you're doing it for you and no one else.. not running off with the bloke down the road! lol

My kids don't go back till monday (and me to Uni) peace would be nice! lol

keep up the great work!

Hi and well done! Losing over xmas must feel amazing! :D
Sorry you're not feeling fully supported by your OH. Strange how they react isn't it.. my hubby has got used to my ways over the years but I remember him grumbling about my not needing to lose weight years ago.. he knows now i WANT to lose weight and he know I know he loves me no matter my size.

Perhaps your hubby just needs a bit of time to get used to it or to realise you're doing it for you and no one else.. not running off with the bloke down the road! lol

My kids don't go back till monday (and me to Uni) peace would be nice! lol

keep up the great work!

men can be so silly sometimes. Surely I am more likely to want to run off with the man down the road if he is constantly criticising, questioning and generally disapproving of everything I do - rather than being a loving and supportive partner? On my birthday (christmas eve) he went out specially and got white bagels and full fat cream cheese 'for a special breakfast' and bought me a box of chocs as my present. Then he was offended when I had a tiny bite but said 'thanks but no thanks' to the rest of it because I'm on a diet. Surely it is me who should be offended because although he knows I am on a diet and exactly what the diet consists of (a shake for breakfast, not snacking on chocolate) yet he totally ignored it to do what he wanted on my birthday, rather than what would make me happy? :sigh:

aww ((hugs)) I can imagine how that must've felt. :( So sorry it must've put a tone on your birthday.
Really hope he settles and perhaps you could do some 'special meals' together for the evening but healthy ones of course.

Back