Started on Wednesday 9/6/10 - determined!

Discussion in 'CD Weight Loss Diaries' started by southwestnurse, 12 June 2010 Social URL.

1. southwestnurse

southwestnurse Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone,

I have been carrying excess weight since a hysterectomy three years ago but always been a bit bigger than I wanted to be. 14 when I wanted to be 12, then 16 when 14 would suit my frame better etc, slowly but surely I have slipped to 18/20 which for my 5'3" frame, is not healthy. So here we go....

I started on the 810 plan and think I chose well as I think the small meal is making the difference psychologically. I have done Atkins in the past and know from experience that being in ketosis (even mild) is good for my weight loss.

I started on Wednesday 9th. I have not found many mixes that are palatable when mixed tho I followed my CDC's advice and used a soup blender to remove those revolting powdery lumps! They are much improved but the problem I have is that I seem to lose half the mixture to the kitchen worktop as it is very exhubherant! Would I be better off with an actual blender?

I have tried the tetras too as my CDC gave me a mixed pack to try, and they are much nicer however so little, in your head you have had a little drink.

I must admit to getting the munchies tonight. I have (by reading this board) taken a mint/choc mix and am drinking it hot and I think it is healping and although it means I am a shake too many today, I am sure that is better than something off plan. I am generally not very good at sticking to diets so am proud of myself for this so far.

I weighed myself yesterday morning and had lost 3lbs, but today am back to where I started. I probably need to drink more but dislike the taste of plain water. My CDC said to leave the flavours until week 2 at earliest to make sure I am in ketosis. Any advice? Can I drink sugar free squash?

Thanks in advance for any advice you are able to give!

Nursey

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Welcome & good luck!

I would avoid squash as it isn`t allowed and your CDC is right, No bars,water flavourings or mix a mousse until week 3 is that I have been advised.

I am also doing 810 plan as although I can cope without food, My body can`t. I think this has been a great decision and I`m not even tempted to cheat.

I got myself a small blender for about a tenner from Tesco.

HTH

LiSe x

4. southwestnurse

southwestnurse Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Lise,

Thanks for your reply. I will take a look tomorrow for a blender as the one I have is fine for blending soup in a saucepan but no good for this diet!

Trawling through this board has kept me from thinking about food tonight. I am going to get another 1/2 litre of water in before bed. I will have to grin and bear water until I can have flavouring then!

Its funny that my CDC gave me two bars as part of my "selection". She chose two flavours that she said were the only ones I could have before week three.

Nursey

5. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    It`s a bit odd that she gave you bars for your first week :confused:

This board is BRILL for advice or inspiration :D I love it :D

Have a great Sunday Xxx

6. southwestnurse

southwestnurse Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks, bought a blender in Argos for £9.79 :eek:)

Tried the porridge for breakfast - YUKKKKK!!!!

7. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Bargain!! :D

I can`t have the porridge :(

8. southwestnurse

southwestnurse Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    So first weigh in tomorrow after 5 days (just the way the appointment worked out so will post with my update.

Did you know that the prices go up on 1st July? I presume its personal to the consultant how much and when they do it but my budget is tight so its an extra incentive to make sure it works!

Nursey

9. White Tulip

White Tulip Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st2lb(25.9%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet, Soul Source
    Hi - I use a shaker for my shakes. I have an old Celebrity Slim one. I add ice,give it a stir to get rid of the big lumps and then shake for about a minute which seems to make it smooth.

I have only tried the Apple porridge and was struggling but bought some tablet sweeteners and added some to the water and it suddenly now tastes ok!

We started within a day or so of each other so I am just starting on week 2. I can't wait to get to week 3 to try the bars and the flavouring. I am hoping the Golden Vegetable will be a godsend for me after work when I feel very hungry.

10. southwestnurse

southwestnurse Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,

Try as I might shaking them did nothing for the lumps! I bought a jug blender today from Argos for less than a tenner and it has dramatically changed the taste and texture of the shakes - fluffy and frothy! Adding more water to them is helping the water go down! I feel that the blender will be my saviour with this diet in that I will now be able to stomach it!

I have already had two of the bars (apparently there are two that are ok in the first stages according to my CDC - no idea if this is right but they are long since eaten so I can't take that back!). They were nice.

Fingers crossed for a good loss tomorrow as I am the kind of person that needs to see results to keep my enthusiasm!

11. southwestnurse

southwestnurse Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    oh and btw 1 stone in week one - blummin brilliant!!! well done you!

12. Trolley Dolly xx

Trolley Dolly xx Full Member

Goodluck southwestnurse:) I started on 10/06/10 now on day 4 of ss, was feeling very sorry for myself today:wave_cry: but have stayed strong:)
    If you get the original porridge try adding a tsp of the cd shake powder..i use the vanilla/ chocolate. Add after micowaving.
    Goodluck x

13. southwestnurse

southwestnurse Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Trolley Dolly, Well done for staying strong. I tried the apple one todayand it was really bad! it stayed as clumps of powder in a warm watery mix and I stirred and stirred and dug in and practically spat it out! My favourite products so far are the tetras (but am trying to only have them as and when I can't make a shake as it is important to me to keep the cost down), the bars that I have had (don't know why I was given them, but hey I was!), and shakes since the blender purchase! - choc, banana, fruits of the forest, strawberry. Soups wise I have only had leek and potato so far but that was ok. I mixed it in a little bit of water to make a paste and added hota water a little at a time and that worked.

Weighed myself a couple of days ago and I had lost 3 lbs, tonight I am exactly the weight I was on Wednesday when I started!!!!!!! I don't get that!

14. Trolley Dolly xx

its trial and error with the flavours..choc mint is lush:)
    With the porridge I try and get rid of the lumps with a fork before I microwave.
    Also, I know you said your budget is tight but on week three try mix a mousse it well worth it...although a knack to getting it right...think you have to use very cold water about 200ml and whisk for a minute, then let set....just another idea:)
    x

15. lyndzi76

lyndzi76 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.95%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    You sound very determind and strong I think you will do well.
    Good luck with you WI tomorrow.

I struggled shaking the shakes so i use a blender too, I also blend soups aswell.

I think I will try a soup later with a bit of chocolate in there as see how I get on, because normally I hate the porridge. x x

16. southwestnurse

southwestnurse Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will try the mousse - would that be a small pot size mousse that it makes or a larger one?

17. Trolley Dolly xx

I would say larger than pot size:) and the tub of mix a mousse last quite a while as only allow one a day from week three. Last time it was my end of day treat and will be the same this time x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Good luck for your WI x

20. southwestnurse

southwestnurse Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the good luck, but sadly my first week being good as gold (there's a first!) resulted in the massive weight loss of 2lbs!!!!!

I am gutted but I had lost inches off my tum so I guess the number on the scales may need to catch up!

21. lyndzi76

lyndzi76 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.95%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    It's a loss and some people don't hit ketosis later on than others so watch out for next week x x

22. southwestnurse

southwestnurse Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for that Lyndzi (love that spelling!). I shall continue to be a good girl! Was looking forward to seeing a good loss but we can't always have what we want!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.