Started on Xenical today!

kazisindahouse

Went to see my GP today who said the only way to get my operation for my fibroids is to loose weight so to help has prescribed Xenical.
Have been reading all the posting ... what joys do I have in store!
I'm just a little confused still about the discussions I've read about how much fat I should (or should not) be eating.

Welcome - there are two threads you should read, one called 'xenical info fornew starters' posted by Kiirawarr, the other something like 'info re xenical from a nurse', i think by tracy.
(apologies anyone if ive got this wrong!)

Wishing you good luck with you weight loss x

Hiya hun, welcome to the forum and good luck with Xenical, i'm on day 3 now and all seems well, trying to lose weight coz i've got pcos. Good luck on your weight loss journey :) xx

:welcome2: to the forum ;)

I've been on xen nearly 2 weeks now and its been ok. Dont have a WI until 30th so have no idea if they are helping me or not!

The 'rules' I stick to are: 5g of fat per 100g of food, and no more than 15g per meal. To be honest I rarely take as much as 15g of fat per meal, def dont hit anywhere near that mark for breakfast or even lunch. I've had none of the dreaded side effects! *touch wood* Sometimes I even think, are these working *lol* But i've no desire to test them out!

Try to do a bit of exercise, that is important also! :character00116::character00115:

Goodluck with it, and let us know how you are getting on!

Kaz :flowers:

P.S. These are the threads 'FBB' :wink: referred to:
http://www.minimins.com/xenical/98543-xenical-info-new-starters.html
http://www.minimins.com/xenical/100247-info-about-orlistat-nurse.html

Good luck hun,i have lost 4 Ibs in 4 days on a really low fat diet and im ignoring the calories x x

Well half way through day 2 of taking them and so far no side effects, although I have got headache?
I took xenical once before, about 2 years ago and had to come off them as even when I thought I wasn't having a lot of fat I had loads of side effects, from the first tablet to the last one, it seems strange that thee's nothing so far!
Thanks for all the messages, I'm def going to stick to them this time!

good to hear you've had no side effects, i've had a littel bloating but that's about it. My mum was on Xenical a few yrs ago when it first came out and she said she had really bad side effects and came off it, her GP recommended starting it again this week and so far she's had no side effects so it just goes to show you :) xx

Had my first experience of the side effects of Xenical today. Nothing major, just trying to figure out what it was that I ate that gave me the problem!

Welcome and good luck.

If you eat right you shouldnt get the side effects hun.

Headaches are one of the symptoms and should ease of, a lot of people have also said they are more thirsty so drinking more may help with the headache. It does ease off after a while.

I have fibroids too, however they only troubled me with pain when I was pregnant, other than that painful periods only so I have never considered surgery, I now how painful it can be though so I sympathise.
You should be able to get your weight to safe operation levels though hun.

All the best with your weight loss journey and if you need help just holler. x

Thanks for that!
The doctor has said he thinks some of the pain is from my uterus pressing against the ciatic nerve. Apparently due to the size and number of fibroids my uterus is the size of a 16 week pregnancy!
So just think after all this weight loss and the removal of the fibroids I will be a size 10 no problem!!!!!

Good luck with your weight loss!! Ooooh your from south yorkshire where abouts ?

love katie
xxxx

Thanks for the messages!
I'm from Sheffield same as yourself, just outside of the town centre.
Not had a good day today though due to the pain from the fibroids, really feel like comfort eating :cry:

Thank you!
You'll be pleased to know I fought back, although I did have something to eat I kept it within my red day and had a ham sandwich! I had WW bread and used them as sins ... x

Welcome & Good Luck x

Thanks for the messages!
I'm from Sheffield same as yourself, just outside of the town centre.
Not had a good day today though due to the pain from the fibroids, really feel like comfort eating :cry:

Aww hope your ok now hun! Well done for fighing back!! On wards and down wards!!

I live near town centre too!! I live at gleedless!

Hope you had a good day today!!

Love katie
xx

AAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

There I got it off my chest .... lol ..
Not even 8am in the morning and already I'm feeling pretty p'd off.
I've just looked in the fridge to get my lunch ready for work and the cottage cheese I was planning to have with my lunch has been eaten by my younger son. So I thought what the heck I'll changed my plans and have a jacket potato with beans or something. The other son used the last of the potatoes to make chips last night! Undeterred I thought will go to the cash machine draw out some money and go to the local store in my lunch and now I can't find my bank card ..... like I said AAAGGGGHHHH!!! .... can I just go back to bed?

OOOOh i say get a lock on the fridge door!!

Take deep breaths love!!

haa xxx

lol... you'll be please to know I kind of resisted temptation and had low fat egg mayo on brown bread and a banana... but then had a packet of walkers crisps mid afternoon ... will count them from my syns! ... only trouble is have been having bum burps for the past few hours! ... so much for the egg mayo being low fat!

Back