Started the Cambridge diet yesterday, any support or advise welcome!

miffyy

Hi guys, i started the Cambridge diet yesterday and i'm feeling pretty positive so far! :) Yesterday was hard mainly because the porridge i had for breakfast was awful and i could only manage about 2 spoons full. Having trouble with the shakes too they all taste pretty horrible (but i'm so fussy when it comes to flavours so I kind of expected to hate everything). The chicken and mushroom soup is amazing, it made my day yesterday and it's getting me through today knowing i can have soup when i get home from work! Have had random moments of feeling reallly really sick today, i could barely get out of bed this morning i felt so ill. Have had it a few more times today but i'm alright now. Hoping it will pass in time as my body gets used to it!

I'm currently 13st 6, I want to lose 3 stone and i'm not expecting it to be easy! Would love some support or advice. :p

Thanks! xx

miffyy said:
Hi guys, i started the Cambridge diet yesterday and i'm feeling pretty positive so far! :) Yesterday was hard mainly because the porridge i had for breakfast was awful and i could only manage about 2 spoons full. Having trouble with the shakes too they all taste pretty horrible (but i'm so fussy when it comes to flavours so I kind of expected to hate everything). The chicken and mushroom soup is amazing, it made my day yesterday and it's getting me through today knowing i can have soup when i get home from work! Have had random moments of feeling reallly really sick today, i could barely get out of bed this morning i felt so ill. Have had it a few more times today but i'm alright now. Hoping it will pass in time as my body gets used to it!

I'm currently 13st 6, I want to lose 3 stone and i'm not expecting it to be easy! Would love some support or advice. :p

Thanks! xx

Hi I'm also on day2 restart lol!! It's not easy but helps one we pass the horrible day 3 lol.. I am not a fan of the soups n the only thing I do like is the shakes, it will pass just hang in there n watch the the clothes go loose n thats the best motivation !! Good luck xx

Hi Mifffy glad you got through day 1! I've moved from Cambridge to Slim & Save as I just needed to have change. I'm liking the S&S products although I also liked several Cambridge products too. It can be trial and error and also one's tastebuds can change over having same products after a while. Read the diaries on the Cambrige forum or any other vlcd one, especially those that record how they got through the first few days or weeks. That can be extremely helpful first time around. Also, fill in your profile at the side so you can see your start weight and date and goal and BMI. Add a signature to record your weekly weight loss. Anything that can help you see your progress either in terms of days or weeks.

I wish you well on your journey and will definitely drop by to see how you are doing! Here's to getting day 2 under your belt.

Good luck on your weight loss journey ladies :) All sounds very positive so far, know what u mean about the Porridge, yuck i was almost sick when i had one haha. Clothes getting looser definitely is a great motivator. Do you have good support to help keep you motivated at home on those long hard days? It does get easier once ketosis kicks in after about day 3 so hang on in there and remember to drink plenty of water :)

ninajw83 said:
Good luck on your weight loss journey ladies :) All sounds very positive so far, know what u mean about the Porridge, yuck i was almost sick when i had one haha. Clothes getting looser definitely is a great motivator. Do you have good support to help keep you motivated at home on those long hard days? It does get easier once ketosis kicks in after about day 3 so hang on in there and remember to drink plenty of water :)

Just the phone keeps me motivated at home lol!! I spend alot of time sat reading through ppls weight loss stories and looking at pics! That just really keeps me going!! But I find the first 3 days I need to be home alone just to pass the hunger n toilet trips !! Once I pass these days I find it so much easier !! X

Thanks! xx

hi miffyy,

i'm the same with being fussy, it took me around 3 -4 weeks to decide on what flavours i wanted to stick to for the duration of SS, the only drawback is that you have to spend money on flavours to work out what you like! at the moment i live off chicken and mushroom soup (a lot!) plus choc mint or strawberry shakes made into a mousse. i have 2 chicken & mushroom soups a day and a mousse in the evening then. its not a lot of variety but i know i defo like those flavours! my mothers old consultant on lighter life said she only like the chicken soup and did 7 months of that, just 4 chicken soups a day!! it all boils down to tastebuds and preference but if only certain flavours float your boat then stick with them. it becomes routine after a while, i'm on week 6 and once i got through the first week i felt so determined to stick with it.

good luck with your CD journey! xx

I agree. I hate the porridge. I only like the chocolate and choc mint shakes. Don't mind the odd strawberry or vanilla. Only like spicy tomato soup and the chilli. I don't even bother with the mousse. I just blend them and down. I'm into week 3 now and really feeling in the zone. This is my nth attempt though but want it to be my last. Got about 4 stone to lose :-(. Have list a stone though and think you only start to notice it yourself once you've lost at least a stone. Obviously clothes start to feel looser and that is really motivating. The biggest motivation is being on here and seeing how other people are doing. You've just got to be focused and determined to succeed. Stick at it as it is so worth it in the end.

Hi guys, thanks for all the replies. Day 3 is pretty good so far, woke up feeling amazing :) Although i'm getting quite tired now, can't wait to finish work! I can geniunely see myself doing this diet for a while which is good. The apple and cinamon porridge is really nice, still not too keen on any of the shakes i've had so far though. Does anyone know if having skimmed milk in tea will actually affect weight loss? I was having just plain rooibos tea but last night it was just getting too boring and left a weird taste in my mouth so i added a little bit of milk. I am an excessive tea drinker - before this i would usually drink atleast 15 cups a day haha! So not being able to have normal tea is very hard :( I think I will try to avoid milk anyway because my cambridge consultant said it will affect weight loss, but ive read some other things that said differently so i thought i'd ask just in case :) Hope everyones doing okay xx

Miffy, well done day 3 yeah! If you're getting awful taste in mouth it may be ketosis as opposed to the too is tea? That's good!! Using the skimmed milk from the SS+ allowed amount shouldn't really affect your losses so you could limit it to having only three cups of tea a day? It depends how strictly to the book you want to follow the plan. Or you could get though a couple of more days just to establish you are fully in ketosis but again don't go over the allowed amount of skimmed milk in your tea if anything keep it lower. Just a suggestion mind you.

Hey Miffy. Well done on getting to day 3. It should start to get even easier now. You may get a metallic taste in your mouth which is your being in ketosis. I drink lots of tea and can't manage without milk and I've still lost consistently. Your taste may even change slightly. I never drink coffee but now and again I really fancy a coffee! Keep up the good work and just male sure you are downing lots of water. Keep us updated anyhow.

Hi guys! On day 5 now, feeling great. This is alot easier than i expected it to be, end of day 3 I was exhausted but i'm getting used to the tiredness now. I had the chocolate orange shake for lunch and it's amazing :eek: it's the only shake i've liked so far though. Feeling so positive I can't even describe it! I just can't wait to see results, i've been pretty miserable for a while just not really wanting to leave the house because i don't like the way i look which is really sad. I'm really hoping this is the beginning of the rest of my life because i don't want to hate the way i look that much ever again! I have my first weigh in on Monday, quite nervous and I don't know why haha! Just hoping for good results I guess. Anyways, hope everyones doing well! :) xx

Back