Started today and looking for buddies

flowey

Silver Member
Hello all,
I'm back after my hols (put on 2kgs!!!) Am back with a new 7 week challenge before another mini break. Started today SS'ing and feel ok so far.
The first time I did this, this site and other CD'ers was invaluable, I also remember days 3-5 and I'm getting nervous about it already. So.....
Am saying hello again and seeing if there are any other newbies/re-starters that maybe up for a 7wk challenge of weight loss, and up to the challenge of dragging me through the first week.:)
Ta

Welcome back and I hope you had a lovely holiday and Im sure you will get the weight off in your 7 week challenge ready for your next one!

I am on day 4 now - which is my first goal whey hey.......! I am already doing a challenge as set out in my ticker which some started the week before me but its upto the 21st June. You can still do a challenge though. But Im taking one day at a time becuse i have failed so many times before and really do not want to this time. So lets go for it... x

i think taking it a day at a time.....and plenty to keep us occupied (like this site)is soooo important. I'm on day 5 and its getting better so dont worry to much just think about your trip. Hey i think we'll do well i have faith in us all : ) xx

Ta to you both. Am very cold this eve, I forgot about that. Also struggling with the drinking enough water already, need the loo now!!! Am still positive though and know that wk1 is the toughest, I also know that by week 3 I will feel so different, energetic and lighter. Good luck to us all.

I've got my first appointment with my CDC later this afternoon, and so hopefully should be starting on the shakes and stuff tomorrow. I'm quite excited about it all, but slightly apprehensive too. I just hope that I stick to it, I am very determined this time! I'm doing it with a friend, so we're going to use each other for encouragement and motivation, hopefully it'll help.

Diary day 2 -Setting goal weights?

Well day 2 and okay so far. No real headaches yet either. Seems there is temptation everywhere though. Still going strong! Been thinking about my 70 Kg goal. To be honest I'm not even sure what I'd like to be. My husband is sooooo slim and his weight is 65KGs. I'm not sure I would look right the same weight as him although that is my ideal BMI weight. I have always been curvey so I think if I got that low I would look gaunt. Has anyone else had this thought and then got to goal weight and lost more, or settled into a happier that is over initial goal weight.
I guess because i've never been really slim, its kind of alien to me. In my head size 12 would be great, still some curves. Only wish I new what weight that was to my height???? 5ft 4''(taking into account, 3 kids later!)
How has everyone else set their goal weights? By BMI charts alone?

hey there, I'm a restarter as of today as well....was looking around this morning for starters today as I know how helpful a buddy is - especially the first week as you said so....

I'M HERE YOU CAN HAVE MEEEEE! :D

I don't have goal weight from BMI mine is literally to get back into my bridemaid dress for my sister's wedding this summer.....it was bought a year ago. My body for the first time (I'm only 21) is changing where I carry my weight so it's all a bit confusing for me sizes in ref to weight wise. I think I'll just have to try on the dress every so often to see if the zip does up :p

So how are you doing so far then?

jacqui xxx

Well end of day 2, that means tomorow is day3!! I was really nervous about it, feeling really bad. But so far I'm ok. I just hope that stays the same tommorow. So far I haven't weighed myself, my friend has and lost 1 kg on the first day. Now, I'm keen to peek but trying to stay strong as I've watched none moving scales before on this diet and then had a huge drop one day (learnt my lesson). So must wait until 1st weigh in on Tues.
How about you, how has day 1 been?

I went to see my CDC yesterday, got my stuff and am starting today. Just about to have my first meal of apple and cinnamon porridge!

I haven't really set a goal as yet, I've looked at what it says I should be according to my weight, and am using that at the moment. I'm going to sit down and look at what I have coming up this year, for example I've got a wedding to go to in September, and set my goals according to those I think.

I was worrying a bit last night about how I'll cope with this diet as I'm quite a picking person, but hopefully I'll be ok! I'm quite excited and motivated by it all, and hopefully that'll help me get through the first few days and it'll get easier after that!

Okay , day 3 has hit now as I thought it would. This morning was not to bad, was just feeling ????listless (thats the only way I can describe it). Now it's lunch time... my energy is zapped, I'm cold, got a headache and feeling a bit down. I know this is how I felt first time round and I know it will pass but I just want to crawl under the duvet and sleep until the end of the week. I don't want to cheat, just want my body to perk up a bit, I know this passes.
On another note, I've now set my target. I've got 7 weeks before my hols so that is my time goal. My first goal was 12.6Kgs in 5wks which was just a bit too much (I knew this when I set it) but made me be 100% to get as near as possible (got 10kgs off). So same again, I've got a bit more time so 14Kgs. That will get me to 75Kgs and 7kgs over my 'ideal weight' although not sure I will look right very slim - I'm a curvy girl and will settle at 12/14 probably whatever ever weight that is for me???
Well what a long post! will leave it at that. Please everyone add so we know what to expect and when. Will be back tommorow no doubt, if not before.

I'm almost at the end of my first day. It's been an alright day. Peeing loads with all the water I'm drinking! I probably normally only drank like half a litre of water a day, so it's a shock to my body!! Still need to drink a bit more as I had a bar earlier.

I just had my last shake just now. I thought before I was quite hungry, but actually struggled to finish. Well, not struggled, but wasn't actually hungry and had to make myself finish.

I've realised that my temptation isn't going to be food as much as drinks. I was at work tonight (in a bar) and it was my first shift and he just kept being like you can have a coke you know, or a J20 or a this or a that. And over and over I had to say no! My mum made my favourite dinner for everyone tonight though, glad I was at work!! I'm working all weekend too, 10 - 7 ish on both days. I'm actually slightly glad that I am, just because it will keep me busy! I've heard that days 2 and 3 are the hardest, so I won't be at home, which should hopefully take away a lot of the temptation and will distract me!

Not sure what to do about taking lunch. I can have porridge before I go, but I'm not sure that a bar or tetra pack is going to keep me going the ret of the day until I get home at like 7.30. But then, I can't do the shake because you can't make it in advance. It's going to be an interesting one!

Okay , day 3 has hit now as I thought it would. This morning was not to bad, was just feeling ????listless (thats the only way I can describe it). Now it's lunch time... my energy is zapped, I'm cold, got a headache and feeling a bit down. I know this is how I felt first time round and I know it will pass but I just want to crawl under the duvet and sleep until the end of the week. I don't want to cheat, just want my body to perk up a bit, I know this passes.
On another note, I've now set my target. I've got 7 weeks before my hols so that is my time goal. My first goal was 12.6Kgs in 5wks which was just a bit too much (I knew this when I set it) but made me be 100% to get as near as possible (got 10kgs off). So same again, I've got a bit more time so 14Kgs. That will get me to 75Kgs and 7kgs over my 'ideal weight' although not sure I will look right very slim - I'm a curvy girl and will settle at 12/14 probably whatever ever weight that is for me???
Well what a long post! will leave it at that. Please everyone add so we know what to expect and when. Will be back tommorow no doubt, if not before.

Hello well you seem to be doing okay ... well done. I have had a few nibbles/picking along the way but still feel good about getting to my 6th DAY !!! Thats good for me so Im feeling good and I went to my friends wedding last night and didnt touch any food and drank water ..:D Lets keep up the good work

Well done on not eating at the wedding! I'm almost at the end of my second day. I'm meant to eat 4 CD meals, but I'm struggling to have my third! :-s Do I really need to have my 4th?

I have started SS+ today - a bit of moral support would go down a treat.

Please everyone give me a kick up the bum if i start slipping. Looking fairly positive today though:p

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!!

Well done on not eating at the wedding! I'm almost at the end of my second day. I'm meant to eat 4 CD meals, but I'm struggling to have my third! :-s Do I really need to have my 4th?

Hi Caroline, I know I am on 3 a day and should always try to have all 3. You must be on the SS+. The reason we have to have them all is for the vitamins and the goodness in them as we need them all to stay healthy and on good form. If you feel you dont need your 4th over the next few days then ask your CDC if you can go on SS just 3? keep up the good work x

I think I am on SS, but it's because I'm over 5ft 8. My CDC is calling me tonight to see how I'm getting on so I'll ask her then. Today I've felt like my 4th because I didn't have all my tetra carton thing, just because I didn't like it and it made me feel quite sick! I think I'm going to ask her whether on those days when I don't feel like it I'm ok just having 3.

Hey Caroline, yes you need 4 because your height. The sicky feeling may be due to the vitamins rather than tetra drink. I got this in week 2 the first time??? just sip water with drink and drink them slowly or split them in half and have 8 halves through the day for a while. It will pass.
Well I'm day 5 now. Been good so far but it is tough. I've got my weigh in tommorow (6days this wk) so will let you know how I get on. I'm worried though, I'm not as gung ho as I was the first time so every little struggle feels a big struggle.
I know that by wk 2 - 3 it is sooo much easier. Maybe its because we've been so busy and my days are quite active, I'm just tired.
Will keep on it and see tommorow if the losses give me a revived motivation.
On a last note, I'm sooo pleased so many others have joined me here on my journey (I apologise I haven't posted the last 2 days, just soooo busy). I'm usually here every 5 mins when I'm having a hard day. Please keep posting so I can keep reading, it really does spur me on end. And just remember, my first time round I lost 1.5 stone in 5 wks so we can all do 5 weeks can't we, then who knows!!

hey there again :)
I lost the thread and couldn't find it...hence the no replying - silly Jacqui.

Anyway, on day 5 for me...going pretty well. Started back at uni today o had to completely rethink how I was having my shakes!...I couldn't afford tetra's and CDC thinks bars are not good for me cause once I start crunching and chewing I'll just want to eat again...(previous experience :p )

So it's all rather interesting going into common area (drama student) and mixing shakes whilst others are at the vending machines - I do look a bit of a nutter getting out my portable whisk thing (it's actually a hand held frother thing for cappachino's and stuff but works wonderfully when my mixer is sat in my kitchen and I'm on the go! :D

Also told 2 of my friends from uni who i haven't seen over easter and they think I'm barking mad, but I gave them the CD website to have a looky at :)

Had to virtually run out of a lecture today cause otherwise I was going to pee myself - again - very funny looks :D

So what is everyone up to this evening? anything special?

Jacqui xxx

Hello again, I'm taking an evening off and chillin in front of the tv with you lot on my lap ???!!!!???? Can anyone tell me if this is true. You can't have bars to wk 3? I keep hearing newbies have them, I have them in my cuboard and am desperate for one. I have one shake left for today. Bar ???

Back