Started today and looking for buddies

flowey and cheska... new day tomorrow new start! :) stick with it or ull only kick urself a few months down the line! :) big hugs! u can do it!

madge well done u! in only 5 days too! :)

I started today and I go on holiday in aprox 7 weeks. Count me in!

They asked me to set a target too and I have really never thought about what i'd like to be, its been sooooo long since I was anywhere near a normal BMI. I'd like to be 11 stone then go from there 10st 7lb would put me bang in the middle of a healthy BMI so will see.

Today has been OK but I took some paracetamol with my breakfast as I drink lots of Diet Coke normally and was expecting to suffer, perhaps not the best of things to do but at the mo I will do whatever it takes to get me through the first week.:eek:

Flowey- why dont you start a group.:p

Hey everyone, just joined tonight so starting tomorrow, really looking forward to it and just hope I stick to it well and lose lots and lots of weight. Well done to you all so far:)

Hello all and welcome. What a little group we are now!!!
Maybe we should think up a team name??? Any ideas???
Well my weigh-in was - 500g so just under staying the same, so am pleased.
Am back today 100% and with 4 weeks until hols. I'm feeling very positive. So will alter my sig. in a mo.
So, group name please and can we all just jot a quick hello post on this thread so we can see who we have still got with us... will be back later.....stay strong!!

Me toooooo

Hi there and well done on starting again. I see my counsellor tonight so start tomorrow morning - can't wait

Hiya,

I've been on SS for 6 days, got my weigh in tomorrow. I really want to stick to this as I have 6 stone to lose!

Hello all and welcome. What a little group we are now!!!
Maybe we should think up a team name??? Any ideas???
Well my weigh-in was - 500g so just under staying the same, so am pleased.
Am back today 100% and with 4 weeks until hols. I'm feeling very positive. So will alter my sig. in a mo.
So, group name please and can we all just jot a quick hello post on this thread so we can see who we have still got with us... will be back later.....stay strong!!

Hey Im supposed to be working from home today but couldnt resist coming on here. Glad I did as a group sounds good to me :) Although I might not be good motivational material having fallen off the wagon several times and still got obsticles in my way. So if I can join then count me in but if you feel that its best I dont until im 100% then I will opt out :eek:

Group name.... how about ..... "Sugar Plum Fairies" or "Buddies" - just a thought x

sugar plum fairies

i love sugar plum fairies (SPF's) as a name - that gets my vote, count me in please

just trying to set up my profile so that i can chart my progress :D

hey sarah good luck tomorrow. Its a great diet, I'm so pleased i started, even with the hols and illness eating times that get in the way occassionally, i'm still as determined as day 1. Keep us posted won't you on how your getting on.

Hi just started CD today. So far so good! I have managed to avoid cooking for the family but I don't think I can avoid it forever. My first goal is to reach day 3. Can't think further than that at the moment.

Welcome blossom1602 and wannabehealthy. I think sugarplumfairies is perfect - add it to your signatures.
Blossom - post us your weight loss tomorrow, are you really excited?
Wannabh - day 3 is a great goal. Hit that, then say ok i'm going to do 4 days now, then you've done a week - your losses will be amazing and week 2 will fly by.

Now Cheska, if I let you go off my list, I'd be giving you the green light to dissapear. No chance, you named the group. Please keep posting 100% or not. We all fall off the wagon and have hard (or fun social times). Being a group should mean we support each other whether we are struggling or doing well. If we are 100% we will be motivation for each other, when we are not we are the leather boot up bum. It doesn't matter how many blips you have, as long as you are not your starting weight, it is going in the right direction isn't it. Stay strong as long as you can, when you can't just be carefull.
We are now a gang not the police! Hope everyone agrees.

Sugar Plum Fairies

Flowey
Cheska
Sarahplummer
Blossom1602
Madge73
Luci-De-Milo
NoMercy
Becky1983
Shlinz - welcome

Ok so there's a group. If you want your name on or off let me know. Those that posted in the early days of the thread get in touch if you are still here with us.
Yey us!!!!

Last edited:
So what is everyone liking at the mo. I though I was bored of shakes and been on the soups mostly, but because I have loads of shakes I've had 2 today and surprising good (banana and vanilla). Soup in front of the box this eve. Have you seen blonde girl out of steps is on a programme about loosing a ton of weight before her wedding, before and after pics!! Gonna try and check that out.

Yep im defo in.

Day two now and things have been OK, a few hunger pains but they pass with water or my next meal.

In not keen on the apple and cinnamon porridge, I dont know if its more the texture, felt like I was going to be sick a few times eating it but I convinced myself it was Ok and finnished it. I will try it again before I decide what I really think.lol!

Im not keen on the Choc Orange shakes or Choc Tetras, they have a really funy taste.

I have also tried the vanilla shakes and spicy tomato soup, both of which I liked.

What does everyone else think of the foods?

I love seeing before and after pics of people, it really helps to motivate me.Im with you Flowey we should help each other through the good and bad, if anyone is struggling just come on here. x

Hi,

Yeah I am in, I'm excited about getting weighed, if I've lost more than 4lb I'll be over the moon!

So far I've tried the apple and cinnamon porridge which I had to force down, think it was salty and nothing like porridge! At first I thought yes I'll have that for my breakfast but I cant stomach it! I dont like any of the soups either (I'm a little fussy lol) think I'm going to be living off the chocolate shakes!!

I even cooked the other day for my boyfriend, I enjoy cooking and miss doing it but I wasnt even tempted to try a bit! xx

Blossom1602-You will have to let us know how you do. What time do you go at?

I cant wait to get weighed either but have a bit to go until then.lol! I wont have a full week behind me when I get weighed only 5 days, i'd like to lose over 3lb or id be gutted. Am I seeting my goals too high? I keep getting on the scales at home already, its too tempting. x

I'm in!!!

Hello all you sugar plum fairies....count me in, I think its a wicked name for a team!!:D
Well, i'm thru day 1 (nearly). I had the Apple & Cinnamon Porridge for breakfast but made the mistake of not blending before microwaving and found it ok until I got to the lumpy bits....yeuch!! But to be honest I thought it tasted not too bad so will defo try it again.
I struggled with lunch at work, don't really want to use the blender at work in the canteen so my friend who's on the CD too brought me a choc orange bar in, which was really nice actually and I thought it filled me up really good. And for dinner I had the Chicken & mushroom Soup, again surprisingly tasty.
I think I can definately do this, so long as all the other flavours are as good!!
Have drank a hell of a lot of water today so far, at least 2 and half litres and havent stopped running to the toilet all day.
Will have an early night with a good book to take my mind off any cravings for nibbles and be ready for day 2!!
Well done to all of you, ur all stars in my eyes!!:)

Cool quite a gathering! Shlinz, its always a personal choice of course, but you are not meant to have bars until wk3. Something to do with getting firmly into ketosis before as they have more carbs in??
For the shakes out, I have a dressings maker which is a large cup/tuperware thing with a lid and a wheel type thing inside which helps blend. Not perfect but ok when on the run.

Bars

Hey Flowey, yeah I really didnt want to have a bar but had to have somethin or i'd have went 10 hours without and I think they recommend you leave max of 8 hours between meals. I'll be fine for lunch tom and thurs as will be home for lunch but will try to get somethin in place for fri :)

I'm gonna hunt the internet for somethin to blend at work.:D

Hey when your up against a rock and a hard place!!! Against what you could have found to keep u going, a CD diet bar is still CD'ing that was good! I just wasn't sure if you had been told....... your doing well, keep it up.

Back