Started today and looking for support and motivation!

Really feeling I am back on the Dukan train after my Disney disaster! Had another good day yesterday so onwards and downwards ha ha !!

HI All,

4pm on my side of the world. Trying to think if my thoughts are negative or sound as I am reviewing my situation..... Still plodding a long but I am starting to think that traditional health eating and exercise is not so bad after all and that Rome wasn't built in a day?

I have been quite adventrous with meals and going out but something is still missing and I feel bored already.

Any thoughts? Surely ketongenic diets aren't for everyone?

keep going and try to eat a good variety of food . make sauces and marinades to living things up. when you think about it when you are on cruise it is not so different than a normal healthy eating diet. and if you are missing bread try the dukan bread recipe it is great toasted and make a good substitute

Hi Sammy! I'm feeling so much better today thanks, only think bothering me is sore tummy cause I'm constipated :( sorry to share but it's really annoying lol

Please don't give up, I've passed the boredom and I'm actually enjoying it now, hardly hungry at all! Although window licked at Gregg's yesterday for a donut! Ha ha but didn't get one woohoooo

I agree try the bread recipe, although I add splender to make it carry it's delish.

You can you do it Sammy were all in it together!! Not sure if because of added support but I know I'm going to get to my goal weight, and I have every faith you will too :) xx

Welcome sammy - you've come to the right forum for motivation and support! and dukan is the best diet ever!! Good luck

Keep going babe, you've said yourself that healthy eating doesn't work for you, you're only on Day 3, if you're struggling maybe move onto Cruise today? Don't stop now, you've done the hardest bit. Once you've been going a couple of weeks it will feel like healthy eating. I know its harder for you being in Singapore with access to different foods and expensive British ones.

We are all here for you. Give it until weigh day on Monday and the weight loss will spur you on.

Thanks for the ongoing support!!!!

Well, last night we went out for a meal and I was able to get a mixed grilled fish dish and my husband ate the salad and roasted vegetables. To be honest despite it being a struggle I have been in testing situations which I have resisted interestingly. Lunch and dinner out I have had other foods on the plate but not once ate them by accident or not. I have been quite aware of it all and moving on but I wonder if this is the mindfulness course that is helping me...

The cooked fish seems to settle better as I am noticing my taste buds are on alert which seems to be putting me off actually. Meat seems to be making me feel so full and an after taste for a while. Any experiences? I am feeling fuller on less but I think the taste is the ketosis? Interestingly going into ketosis hasn't been that bad this time as I was having leg cramps, shivers and wacking headaches on Cambridge and before I started Dukan didn't make an effort to cut down on the carbs before I started.

Well it is day 4 and every morning I feel good it must be the end of the day, feeling tired and the brain ticking over! I have been weighing every morning but my recorded weight is on Monday and so far been losing a pound a day. What has been your experiences of weight loss on attack? Also does weight loss slow down on cruise much?

Have a good day when it arrives for you!

Sammy as you know my weight loss hasn't slown down at all, I'm looking on track for two pounds this week but because of the Jury service I've not really had a proper PP day since Monday. That will probably continue next week as well. I may well be picked for a case which could continue for several weeks, picking 12 out of last 15 on Monday (don't the wheels of law grind slowly!). So for me the next few weeks could really slow down my weightloss but I'm good with that, I'll be impressed with myself if I can stick to PV days in that time.

I know you're struggling but give it a few days and you should feel well and energised. I'm not really surprised about how easy it was for you to get into ketosis, its the same for me. I would imagine the issues you had on Cambridge were linked to the fact that you were doing the shakes instead of food, its probably much more extreme.

Very impressed with your ability to eat out, I daren't!

Well done both! I ate out and asked for my chicken to have no sauce just seasoning it was delish!! On on day 4 of Dukan as well but today is my weekly weigh day and I'm feeling better, Sammy we are on same data so maybe we can track each other and see where we get? X

Hi Zakcat & Jan,

It's getting better and now day 4 has come to an end. I'm not feeling hungry much either. Drinking at least 2.5-2.5L of water. I have lost 3 lbs so far but Monday is D day!

Zakcat: enjoying the jury service? Sound like your really trying with what's available to you at the time.

Jan: sounds like an excellent idea!

Well, off to bed as another long tomorrow and having a work buffet for lunch and out for tapas in the evening.

Sammy

Well done Sammy your doing great!! Enjoy your Buffett tomorrow all the chicken you can eat lol . Nite nite xxx

Hi again,

Went to the theatre last night to see Wicked and had mixed grilled seafood and a diet coke at an Indonesian restaurant for dinner.

Day 5 and on the bus going into town as its a team building day for work. There will be a buffet for lunch and tapas in the evening. Got in mind what I'm having after checking menus online!

Oh had a sneak weigh in and lost 4 lbs and now 169 since Monday.

Jan: your doing great too!

Sammy

I think Singapore sounds so much nicer than where I live!! Can't actually tell you where that is because the middle letters spell an offensive word!!! yes really it just gets blocked!!

Ha ha - think i know where that is - i live other side of the bridge - you are all doing great keep up the good work! I have not lost anything for a month - im only 8lb from target so dont know if its my body saying its happy where it is and is ready for conso!!

Well done Sammy :) izzy.....I'm intrigued lol I'm in Scotland so can't think if where u live!

Roll on a great weekend! X

Yeah can you not just put the first part and the last part of where you live and our imaginations will fill in the gaps lol :)

The only one I can think of is mentioned in a dizzy rascal song but no idea if there's a bridge there? S then naughty c word then thorpe?! Am I right?

Back