Started today and looking for support and motivation!

izzysmum said:
Ha ha yeah you have got it!!!! I was mortified when it got blocked!!!

I must admit it was a guess. My geography of englandshire is rather poor! I've got to grips on where London is and the rest is a bit of a guess! It's hilarious it gets blocked!! X

Well never in a million years woulds I have thought that s******** thorp was rude, reflects on the reader me thinks x

I lied...tinie tempah pass out. X

Day 6

Well So far, 4 pounds down but Monday is ‘D’ day. However when I weighed this morning it stayed the same as yesterday. To be honest I thought I would have lost more to date being on attack?
As you all know I had a team building day yesterday but it didn’t turn out as expected. The buffet had no Japanese section where I was going to raid the fish. I had smoked salmon but I had to get beef slices from a dish that had sauce so picked the ones less coated and scraped it off before I ate it. It was all water and herbal tea all day. In fact I went out in the evening but the diet coke didn’t settle and in the end I went to Nandos for grilled chicken. The problem with that day was no snacks mid-morning or afternoon and the time between lunch and dinner was too long. I guess it is all learning but I felt a bit queasy and had a headache when I went to bed but woke up with it this morning. It was more like jet lag/heavy head/fog, hung over feeling. It only lifted this afternoon after having a foot reflexology session. I felt rough on day 3 but is my experience now ketosis because I thought I was in ketosis by day 3? I had the metallic breath, headache, bad breath, feeling tired and frequent trips to the loo then?

Anyway I am just wondering if any of you have any thoughts/experiences on the below:

1. Can't eat much
2. Meat seems to not settle well compared to fish
3. Can't tolerate fizzy drinks though could before
4. Feel queasy at times
5. Tired at this point (read that too much water can make you tired)

Some of my food choices have been a bit trickey but would sauces though removed from the meat before eaten knock you out of ketosis?

Hope you are all doing well and haveing a good weekend!

Hi Sammy your lunch sounded yummy!!! I started when you did so wouldn't like to advise you wrong :(

I too feel quesy at times like just now!!! It comes and goes as does the tiredness but most of the time I feel great! I have lost 7 lbs so far with 4 days to go till I have veg. I done eat fish apart from Tuna so I'm not aware if it sits better than meat.

Are you drinking enough water? I had to use a laxative yesterday as I was in so much pain but a lot better today.

Keep up your good work though 4 lbs is better than none :)
Xx

Day 7 and not impressed!
I am not happy as my weight still says 4 pounds down as it did on Friday and don’t feel hopeful for the official weigh in tomorrow morning. We all know that on a ketogenic diet especially in the first week you lose a lot regardless of how much you weigh and need to lose. I’m not impressed as I could have lost this weight in a first week of any traditional diet especially in the first week as it is mostly water.

I am not sure if I have been knocked out of ketosis or does the symptoms tone down? I drink at least 2 litres a day not including drinks but I used to pump in the much anyway. First few days more frequent trips to the ladies and I have noticed less the last couple of days during the day still go about 3 times during the night. However still passing a lot. Also I noticed I have the dry mouth still and bad taste but the breath smell is not as bad but still there. Am I out of ketosis or still in but the symptoms dampen a bit or you get used to it?

Any thoughts?

Anyway still persevering. Get to add some vegetables next week in the plan. Jan: what's your stats? Your doing great!

Hi Sammy, don't be disappointed 4 pounds is still a great loss honestly keep going I know you can do it :) I was between 7-8 pounds this morning so I'm saying 7 to be safe but hopefully 8 tomorrow. It varies per person and prev lifestyles I lived on ww micro meals thinking I was doing good and cereal bars which are Jam packed with carbs amongst other crap so my body is probably enjoying the break!!! And hence why I'm a little more.

Although struggling a bit yesterday wanting pasta and rice! Didn't give in though so powering through. We can both look forward to veg on Thursday eh? What's your plans? I'm so excited I'm going to plan my first meal tomorrow, sad I know!!

The sauces may have knocked you out a little even though you scraped them they might have been marinated in the sauce so deep within them?

Try not to worry, keep what your doing eat all the foods your allowed, keep drinking lots of water and stay in touch so we can all support you :)
X

Day 8 & 1st weigh in

Lost 5 lbs, sort of happy and not at the same time but I guess it is a good loss. Anyway going to continue with PP until Friday and then four days of PV, then review. I am reviewing weekly and I think it is all learning with food choices and going out with making changes etc.

Jan: Thanks for the encouragement, your not doing too bad yourself! :eek:

Sam 5lb is a great loss, be proud of your achievement, your on your way and as someone once said to me.....a pound a week is 4 stone in a year keep going and good luck x

Day 9

I weighed on the scales today and gained a pound. I know it isn't weight gain as I have been following the diet! Now the first week is over I will only weigh once a week and like any diet you fluctuate so I am staying away from the scales until Wednesday next week as I'm away on Monday.

How is everyone else doing?

Hi Sammy,

We have similar start weights, but I only lost 3lb in my 5 day attack, although I did have a blip on day 4 when I had only lost 2.5lb and though whats the point so binged.
:break_diet:
I too weighed myself this morning and have put on .75lb, and I know I havent cheated at all. That said I'm not sleeping well, and I'm still getting up in the night to go to the loo which isnt helping, so I'm hoping that when I weigh myself next monday theres a loss.

Keep up the good work, I'm hoping in a few weeks I'll look back at my posts and wonder what I was worried about.

Sarah

sarah and sammy great news on your weight loss. don't get depondent the increase will be water and the if you are sticking to the plan the real weight loss fat will still be going on in the background. i stopped weighing every day as i was up one day and down the next but when i looked back over the week in my diary realised that i had usually lost 2=3 pounds i now only weigh once a week

Sarah: Thanks for the encouragement and let me know how your weigh in goes on Monday!

Eileen: Pleased to hear as it helps with keeping me motivated.

Good Luck Sammy and Sarah, keep up the great work. You've started, so you can finish.... It will be really worth it on many levels.
Keep us posted.

Hi Lyonsie,

Thanks for the support. I'm off Dukan and healthy eating until I find an alternative. Biologically it didn't suit me however interestingly I thought Dukan would challenge me more psychologically. Otherwise I was happy with the food choices and following it etc...

However not for me...

Sammy

Sorry to hear that Sammy. Good luck to you anyway, you seem to be determined to get the weight off. My niece lost 3.5 stone with SW. They don't have a centre near us or we would have tried it. She did it slowly, over 18 months but looks fantastic and has maintained it !!!!

Back