Started Today - the first step

Welsh_jay

Hey all,

Started on the Exante TS this morning. Starting weight of 17st 1lb and want to get down to 13 stone which is around about the healthy limit for a 5ft 10 guy. More importantly my bmi is at 34.3 and that's scary so needs to go down massively.

Hoping to get some support from the site whilst providing the same, and hope it gives me somewhere to run to rather than the fridge.

All the best on your path and if I can help just ask.

Jay

Hi - I'm a re-starter so I can assure you that this DOES work. You'll be feeling happier in a very short while.
I'm marking today as day 1 too so will be looking out for how you're getting on.
Good Luck xx

Thanks for the support all. Today was a difficult one. Had the shake early, the bar at 12:30 and the soup at 8ish. felt hungry about 30 mins after the soup so boiled a few eggs, one I ate tonight, 2 for tomorrow in case I nearly buckle again. Ok it's extra cals but it shouldn't effect the ketosis kicking in and better than the biscuits, scones and chocolate father Christmas that were calling my name.

Difficult at this time of year with all the nice things hanging around. MUST. BE. STRONG!

I have just binned a range of Christmas foods that cannot be named!
I am a weak willed human, proned to grazing, brought up to believe that waste is sinful. BUT - It is not my role or my responsibility to consume the excess - I cannot save the starving millions by eating Christmas junk either.
So its all in the bin, covered in coffee grounds to prevent any rescue attempt - the coast is clear, let January roll.

Good luck to you all.

GSQ

Dig deep,you can do this.In a months time you'll be smiling from ear to ear as the weight will be just falling off.Then you'll know it was all worth it.:D

Hi Jay :)

I started the same day as you, not so much to lose but I keep reminding myself how much I've wanted to do this and for how long! Good luck

Thanks Frublet, Day 4 today and all was going well Until I got home. I cut my bar in half, first half at lunch and second half in the car on the way home, I figure it'll cut the afternoon/early evening munchies. As soon as I get hoe my stomach starts rumbling and I start feeling hungry, I'm sure it's a mental thing.

Haven't cracked though, just made myself a black tea to try and curb the appetite until the kids are in bed so I can have my soup, at least I'm not cooking for them tonight.

Well done you! I've had a few of those moments myself today, not long to go until mealtime though :) I actually find it helps me to help with the cooking and things, bizarrely, as otherwise food seems to become all the more important because I'm avoiding it!

When I did the Cambridge a few years ago the bars didn't fill me up anywhere near as well as the soups and shakes did, so I've steered clear of them this time. It could just be me, but it might just be because you had a bar and not as much liquid that you're peckish - don't lose heart!

Interestingly, the hunger pangs have gone since he last post and I've not touched the tea. I'm hoping ketosis kicks in tomorrow, breath is a little metallic tonight.

I decided not to boil any eggs (earlier post) for just in case moments, I find I want to eat them coz they're there. Planning on 100% today so here goes. Saying that the only additions I've had since Monday was a boiled egg on Tuesday and two yesterday so all in all I'm pleased with that.

Welsh_jay- Good Luck - but you're making me hungry talking about eggs ( this is meant to be 100% Exante, so we shouldn't be mentioning food - oops!).

Frublet - I've done CD and wanted to let you know that the Exante bars are about 2.5 times bigger than the CD bars, not choc coated - more like flapjacks - I find them equally filling - just in case you wanted to try them.

Shwmae Jay, you are doing really well. When you feel hungry have a pint of water and if you still feel hungry have your shake/soup. The more you drink the more you shrink.

Good luck xx

Shwmae! Yesterday was a struggle, I'll be honest. That Friday night feeling, the Rugby was on, usually an indulgent night, a lot of this is mental, the constant battles i have with myself in my head are unreal. Done now though and hoping for a better day today.

Interestingly, the hunger pangs have gone since he last post and I've not touched the tea. I'm hoping ketosis kicks in tomorrow, breath is a little metallic tonight.

I decided not to boil any eggs (earlier post) for just in case moments, I find I want to eat them coz they're there. Planning on 100% today so here goes. Saying that the only additions I've had since Monday was a boiled egg on Tuesday and two yesterday so all in all I'm pleased with that.

Please don't mention food in the 100% section, thank you x

Point taken about mentioning the dreaded F word.

Doing ok thanks Lady24, have had a few wobbles and struggled at times but getting through it. Had an 8lb loss this week so that's spurred me onto doing well again this week.

jay thats great! keep it up... what week are you on now? I have my first weigh in tommorow... :)

Back