Started Today

Chuffy_29

Bring it on!
Hi everyone
I started today. I've had a delicious banana milkshake and the choc orange bar so far, and i'm thinking of having the tomato soup later. I've had 2 litres of water through the day and will try and have another litre through the evening. Surviving well so far :)

Thanks. Just had a tomato and basil soup...i wa none too struck on it...bit basil-ly for me but i'll keep trying more till i find the ones i like best!

Hi, hope today is going OK. I had a few side effects for a few days when I started but they went after I got into the swing of it. Not everyone has these though so let's hope you don't, but if you do, it doesn't last!!!!
You can have the shakes hot and add TABLET sweeteners if you prefer them a bit sweeter. I didn't really like the strawberry shake at first and eventually decided to try it hot expecting it to be horrid, but it's actually quite nice. The banana shake hot is a bit like custard, which suits me fine!!
Good luck!! don't forget to treat yourself and give yourself time to relax, if you can.

Good luck Chuffy. Hope you get through the 1st few days OK, a week will be gone before you know it.

You can also make the vanilla or chocolate shake hot and add a teaspoon of coffee. I use half a pack, add a little cold water then froth it up with my hand blender before adding the coffee and hot water, yummy...

Don't have too many hot - it kills the nutrients. Maybe one hot every other day. Although its ok to melt some coffee and put that into the vanilla..mmmm!

Thanks everyone. I've had a vanilla shake, a toffe nut and raisin bar and the mushroom soup today. The soup was not great but the other two were fine. I'v also done 2 litres of water so far so things are moving. Hopefully i'll be in ketosis tomorrow and the food smalls will stop tryin to tempt me!!

Don't have too many hot - it kills the nutrients. Maybe one hot every other day. Although its ok to melt some coffee and put that into the vanilla..mmmm!
I haven't heard it kills the nutrients, I thought if you left them for over 20 minutes or so the nutirents diminshed?ie if you microwaved or froze them, the soups are made to be hot so why would the nutirents in the shakes suffer from hot water? are you sure about this???Oh no, I have all mine hot. You look great in your photo by the way, work that hourglass!!!!

i think with the cambridge diet they made up the excuse about nutrients when making the shakes hot, but i think the real reason is the aspartame (sweetner) in the cambridge shakes.

i have had alot of bad reactions to aspartame and i found this on a site about it.

"Two isolated amino acids in aspartame are fused together by its third component, deadly methanol. In this structure, methanol bonds the two amino acids together, but when released at a mere 86 degrees Fahrenheit, the methanol becomes a poisonous free radical.Methanol breaks down into formic acid and formaldehyde, embalming fluid. Methanol is a dangerous neurotoxin, a known carcinogen, causes retinal damage in the eye, interferes with DNA replication, and causes birth defects"

so this is why i think they say not to heat the cambridge shakes, the exante shakes however do not contain this sweetner so there is no reason why you can't heat them, i mean you would heat the food that would contain the nutrients that the shakes are trying to replace so why should it be any different heating the shake?

just my 2p

Hi everyone. Still on plan. i did a quick weigh in this morning (curiosity got the better of me!) and i've lost 10lbs so far...very pleased indeed with that :) I've decided that i am not keen on the soups but can stomach most (apart from mushroom) so thats ok, and the shakes and bars are fine. Water has been fine but i was abit under yesterday so i'll drink more today.

Back