started xenical monday 14th feb

kellymj

hi all i started taking xenical monday 14th february my gp gave them to me, so far i have stuck to it normally by now i give up as i love my food too much im going to try not to weigh myself til i go back to gp in 4 weeks to be weighed and get next lot of xenical (if i have lost weight if not the gp said i will have to come off them) how is everyone getting on it would be nice to have people to talk to who are going through same thing and also bit of advice its been 6 days now and still not been to the toilet is this normal as bit worried, thanks everyone xxp.s forgot to say i have about 8 stone to lose eeeekkkkkk:cry:

hi kelly good luck with the tablets, i am sure you will do fine :) I have found it easier to stick to using these tablets. The constipation can be pretty normal i get it the odd time but i suffer wih IBS anyway!! All i can recommend is plenty of water and fruit and veg!!

thankyou rach its weird with these tablets i have noticed i want to stick with it but when i used to diet without them i would give up, you are doing so well and i hope i can do too thanks for the message :) xxxx

yey finally figured how to get my weight loss ticker on here only took me 5 hours :) now just need more posts so i can put my pic on xxx

You will do well hun, keep coming on here and you will get plenty of support and encouragement!! I found that with the tablets that i wasnt tempted to cheat like i would with other diets, although have been naughty a couple of times lately, which wasnt completely my fault!! ;)

Hi Kelly,

you'll be very encouraged when you weigh in next mth and you see the results :)

make sure fruit and water and veggies are a big part of your diet :)

and fiber is great to have as well - when I was in canada before I came here to africa because of my IBS I used to take a Metamucil (sp?) tablet daily - it helped with any constipation - so maybe you could look into getting those as well to help you along - you can also get the powder to go into water - but the tablets are MUCH better to take!! when I go to England over Easter I intend on getting some as well :)

hows your day going???

thanks jessica for the advice i will be going chemist today need something but i will admit i have not been drinking enough water and i could eat more fruit and veg i feel so bloated at the minute so im going to really have more water fruit and veg this week :)
just about to take my 2 kiddies to school they been off for a week half term then going to nip in chemist and then probably sit on toilet all day :)
how is your day going ? x

all is well here :) the school I teach at here in Africa has just started half term - but we only get 2 days off - which is fine really as the government had closed down all schools here for a full 6 weeks after the christmas break.

the chemist are usually able to sort things out :)

but water will def. help with the bloated feeling - I was feeling bloated for the first 2 1/2 weeks on the xenical but feeling better now :)

little disappointed with only 1 pound gone this week but there will always be weeks where you don't lose as much as you would have hoped to!

I just started yesterday with my weight watchers pro pedometer it is brilliant!

hello jessica thankyou for the message :)
i am doing good thankyou finally sorted my toilet problem out so hoping that stays ok now been trying to drink much more water and eat more fruit and veg, im having a night tonight where i feel like raiding the cupboards feel so hungry but im not giving in i have been on this now for 9 days and this is the longest i have ever lasted on a diet before, i was going to weigh myself weekly but i have decided to wait til i get weighed my the doctor monthly as my scales are not that great only really cheap ones so i think they lie to me :), i thought my weigh in was 7th march but its not its 14th march as that will be 4 weeks from my start date,
sorry for going out its nice to have someone to talk to
how are you doing?
are you ok? xx

hi hun, glad you got your toilet problem sorted!! Well done on resisting raiding the cupboards, i very often get like that, so i try to drink a load of water when i am feeling that way and hope it passes!! I dont think i have ever stuck to a diet so well as i have with this :)

thanks rach i feel loads better now finally got the toilet problem sorted
aww i know i feel so hungry so just had glass of water i keep thinking foooooooood ha ha but im not giving in will have a nice hot bubble bath instead then a brew,
thats like me this is the longest i have stuck to a diet and not actually cheated and thought oh i will start tomorrow i have stuck with it, jeans are feeling loser and tops loser which is making me smile :)
how are you doing ? xx

I'm doing good thanks kelly, just finished a workout and showered so relaxing in front the tv now with my snack of banana, apple and muller light!! had to add these in to get my calories up!!

Thats great news about your clothes feeling looser, well dont. It feels really good doesnt it :)

Hi everyone

Hi Kelly.

I started Xenical Monday too and im finding it quite straight forward. Loading up on salad and veg with my meal and trying to avoid carbs after lunch - tend to always find if I have a substantial lunch chicken with a jacket potato and salad for example then dont crave the carbs too much in the evening.
Think loads of water is the key too from reading other posts!

Fingers crossed we can stick at it!! Im 12st 13lbs and have officially got 1.5stone to lose to my ideal (11st 5lbs) but would like to get to 11st!! I am doing exercise with this though, on a fitness and fat-loss bootcamp (dont think military style its like high intensity circuit training for 10weeks twice a week) and we had a 2.5mile run tonight - it nearly killed me!!:eek:

YOu should post your daily food diary so we can keep track!

Good luck avoiding the scales - im a bit of a serial weigher!! haha!

Jenni x x x

Hi Kelly.

I started Xenical Monday too and im finding it quite straight forward. Loading up on salad and veg with my meal and trying to avoid carbs after lunch - tend to always find if I have a substantial lunch chicken with a jacket potato and salad for example then dont crave the carbs too much in the evening.
Think loads of water is the key too from reading other posts!

Fingers crossed we can stick at it!! Im 12st 13lbs and have officially got 1.5stone to lose to my ideal (11st 5lbs) but would like to get to 11st!! I am doing exercise with this though, on a fitness and fat-loss bootcamp (dont think military style its like high intensity circuit training for 10weeks twice a week) and we had a 2.5mile run tonight - it nearly killed me!!:eek:

YOu should post your daily food diary so we can keep track!

Good luck avoiding the scales - im a bit of a serial weigher!! haha!

Jenni x x x

Good luck hun, sounds like you wont need it though, you seem to be doing so well already!

Water really is the key to stop those hunger pangs, oh god even the thoughts of a 2.5 mile run makes me feel tired lol!!

Thanks Rach - glad you think im doing right thing so far! defo gotta curb the carbs after lunch - they are my biggest downfall! and really bloat me! did you know 1g or carbs holds 4g of water in your body - no wonder they make us bloated!!

Yes the run was a killer, I must admit did walk the last 1/2 mile as had a stitch so bad I though my lung was about to pop out!! Got the 30 day shred this morning EEK!!! so gonna attempt in morning if im not aching too much!

Jen x

Try to just stick to usual meals but no rice, pasta or potatoes! So chicken or white fish/king prawns with loads of salad or veg. Do sometimes have things like spaghetti bolognese - but minus spaghetti - so have with a big salad and no fat dressing, or stir fry without noodles, so have prawns or shredded beef with loads of stir fry beg and beansprouts. The sauces I have are really low fat, just watch the sugar content.

Think cous cous is quite low in carbs even though it is a carb (maybe someone can confirm?!) so I may try that in the evening if Im getting really hungry.

What do you tend to eat evenings?

PS KELLY - hope you dont think Im crashing your post, really dont mean to!!

Jen x

Thanks for that info on the carbs, i may try sticking to extra low carbs in an evening too!!

My evening meals are generally rice, pasta and potatoes, so now i know to avoid them :) i do sometimes have salad with tuna or chicken so i am going to stick to that more now!!

hi zachara :) hi rach :) course i dont mind you post wherever you like hun,
what do you eat during the day as i am trying to follow slimfast diet aswell as on the xenical i have a shake for my dinner,
please could you explain the 30 day shred too as i see alot of people are doing this,
i went bed last night rach the only way to stop me thinking of food :)
hope your both ok xx

Back