Starting afresh in OZ

Hi all,

I have battled with my weight for as long as I can remember, it has at times completely taken over my life and made me utterly miserable and yet, so far, I have not been able to successfully lose the weight and keep it off.

I was following Slimming World for the last couple of years and I did lose around a stone on it but I found that I had to be constantly thinking about it to be successful. I moved to Australia at the end of December and in the run-up to the move I put on most of the weight that I'd lost. Since moving here I've put on another stone and the last time I weighed myself I was 11 1/2 stone.

I have decided that it's time for me to finally combat my weight demons by embarking on a healthy calorie controlled diet and start exercising in a fashion that I can maintain for the rest of my life. I have had enough of the emotional turmoil I have felt due to food, the guilt, the depression, the disgust, the elation and at times complete lust (cheese, chocolate and red wine!). I'm ready to move on and hope that with support from others on here and in my life, I can do that.

I have family visiting until 11th September but have decided that from waking on 12th September my new lifestyle will begin.

I look forward to hearing from people, especially anyone in Western OZ that can give me local tips.

im an aussie but livingin England....
i wish i was home all the time (you lucky thing to have moved out there)

im back over in aus (east coast) in october ... and i can not wait!!!

good luck over there x

Back